First Build. Please Help!

This is the parts list I have. I was wondering if somebody could tell me if the compatibility list is correct and the parts will work with each other. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/vKJNjX

I already own everything except the CPU, GPU, PSU, and MOBO. I need a really cheap build that will last for several years. I bought all of the other parts already for a total of twenty dollars. Including the four parts I have selected the PC will end up costing me about $375 to $400 total. That's pretty much the max I have to spend on this. Any help is much appreciated! This is my absolute first time build. I'd only figured out what all of the parts to a computer were about a week ago so I am very new to this sort of thing. Please Help! I also found a buddy who is selling the GPU for $150. However, I honestly don't know if it will fit into the case I already have. If you can help it would be much appreciated.

Bit of an odd setup. Ditch the 4gb of Kingston RAM, you can't mismatch brands, and donnn't get a turtlebeach headset!

If you could spare a little bit more money I would get a Intel i3 4160 and a h81m mobo. Performs better in gaming situations than the FX chip.

What are your uses?

The GPU should fit into the case, mind telling what it is?

This may work.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Pentium G3258 3.2GHz Dual-Core Processor  ($64.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Motherboard: ASRock Z97M Anniversary Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($74.99 @ Newegg)
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon R9 280X 3GB Tri-X Video Card  ($229.99 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: EVGA 600B 600W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($39.99 @ NCIX US)
Total: $409.96
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-03-28 01:05 EDT-0400

sold

Sorry! I don't know any rules or anything. It's just that I already have everything except the four parts. The CPU, GPU, PSU, or MOBO. I already had everything else laying around. The main thing is that I don't know if the 770 will fit in the case.

What are your uses?

The GPU should fit into the case, mind telling what it is?

This may work.

CPU: Intel Pentium G3258 3.2GHz Dual-Core Processor  ($64.99 @ SuperBiiz)

Motherboard: ASRock Z97M Anniversary Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($74.99 @ Newegg)

Video Card: Sapphire Radeon R9 280X 3GB Tri-X Video Card  ($229.99 @ Newegg)

Power Supply: EVGA 600B 600W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($39.99 @ NCIX US)

Total: $409.96

Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-03-28 01:05 EDT-0400

Thank's but I can't afford that GPU. The one I have in my list is only $150 from a buddy.

Thank's but I can't afford that GPU. The one I have in my list is only $150 from a buddy.

Which GPU is it?

sold

Which GPU is it?

The nvidea(?) gtx 770.

It's usually $400

CPU: Intel Core i3-4150 3.5GHz Dual-Core Processor  ($104.95 @ SuperBiiz)
Motherboard: ASRock H97 Anniversary ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($71.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 770 2GB TWIN FROZR Video Card  ($150.00)
Total: $366.93
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-03-28 01:17 EDT-0400

sold

Yes get it.

I'm just worried that the case won't fit the card. There is an issue with the compatibility according to the website. Is it right?

I'm just worried that the case won't fit the card. There is an issue with the compatibility according to the website. Is it right?

No its good, its a full tower atx case, the card will fit.

sold

No its good, its a full tower atx case, the card will fit.

Okay. Thanks dude.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/vN6y7P

Here's what I put together based on the price of your original part list:

Sorry but I can't do that. I already have everything in my position except for the GPU, PSU, CPU, and MOBO. I already owned everything else.

I need these four parts for less than 350  t0 375. And I'm probably buying a Nvidia gtx 770 for $150.

OK sorry about that, was confused. Here's this then, fits your budget perfectly http://pcpartpicker.com/p/WqmWCJ

Thanks dude. Do you think I could swap the GPU with an NVidia 770 2GB with the one in your list? I can get it for $150 from a coworker.

OMG,definitely do it. The stock cooler design (on your coworker's card) is beautiful and people pay a lot more money to get it. $150 is a steal!

Okay. I'll get that one. And I found a modular PSU just now that's 630W 80+ bronze for $30.

I'm Just hoping the card will fit in my case. My coworker is upgrading to dual GTX 980's.

The PSU is here http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817152035&utm_medium=Email&utm_source=IGNEFL032715&nm_mc=EMC-IGNEFL032715&cm_mmc=EMC-IGNEFL032715-_-EMC-032715-Latest-_-PowerSupplies-_-17152035-S2A4D

It comes with a mail in rebate. Is it a decent one?

Sorry about all the questions. I didn't even know anything about computer hardware two weeks ago. Please help?

Considering those reviews, it is definitely worth getting. Also, the questions are completely fine/normal, this is what happens when everyone builds a PC. I built mine in July last year and it took me like a month before I knew what to buy.

Considering those reviews, it is definitely worth getting. Also, the questions are completely fine/normal, this is what happens when everyone builds a PC. I built mine in July last year and it took me like a month before I knew what to buy.

The only thing I'm worried about is that the PSU isn't certified by anybody. Is this a problem?

If you're concerned about it, I would just buy a Corsair CX600M, they're reliable and have great reviews and I'm sure will last through several builds. The comments on that PSU you sent me were very mixed, some said it died after a couple years or were DOA but some also said they loved it. If that doesn't bother you, then go for it.

If you're concerned about it, I would just buy a Corsair CX600M, they're reliable and have great reviews and I'm sure will last through several builds. The comments on that PSU you sent me were very mixed, some said it died after a couple years or were DOA but some also said they loved it. If that doesn't bother you, then go for it.

Okay. Thanks for all of your help!