Best Android Phone Under $500

Go to solution Solved by beebskadoo,

Moto X, quick updates, stock android and great ROM support.

I am looking for an Android smartphone under $500. I think the two main contestants in this price bracket are the OnePlus One and the Moto X, although I am open to suggestions. Which one is the best? I am leaning more towards the Moto X because it is only $400 now and also the superior design and uniqueness of leather or wood in your phone are pretty appealing. I would like some second opinions and other thoughts so please help me out. Thanks.

The Sony Xperia Z2 is my favorite android phone under $500, and my favorite android phone in general.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

Moto X, quick updates, stock android and great ROM support.

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

1+1

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

I am looking for an Android smartphone under $500. I think the two main contestants in this price bracket are the OnePlus One and the Moto X, although I am open to suggestions. Which one is the best? I am leaning more towards the Moto X because it is only $400 now and also the superior design and uniqueness of leather or wood in your phone are pretty appealing. I would like some second opinions and other thoughts so please help me out. Thanks.

For $400 the Moto X is definitely a great choice but IMO the OPO is still better feeling in the hand, leather or wood might feel nice but it's nowhere near as good of a texture to have on the back of a phone as the OnePlus's Sandstone back. The OPO also has the benefit of better battery life. If you can find the features of the Moto X useful like Google voice search when the phone is off then go for the Moto X, otherwise the OnePlus One gets my vote.

"Rawr XD"

This is 100% personal preference to be honest. 

I like my Z3v, I liked my moto X. I liked my turbo. 

I held a S6 at the store today and loved it. 

It's all good man. Just as long as they have the features I want.

D3SL91 | Ethan | Gaming+Work System | NAS System | Photo: Nikon D750 + D5200