Deepcool N2 - Kawaii Style Notebook Cooler

nekomata

I was looking for a notebook cooler for my volcanic 2012 macbook pro, so here's what I think about it

Unboxing:

The cooler came in a fairly thin cardboard box that opens up from the top. Inside, there's the cooler itself in a plastic bag, and a manual (You'll need to go back to grade school if you don't know how to use this cooler). There's really nothing else. No padding of somesort, though you also need to consider its price (I got it at around $10)

The cooler itself:

-Construction

I'll be pretty honest here, I'm pretty surprised. This thing is pretty sturdy. It doesn't flex at all even when I try quite hard. The cable is on the thin side, so be careful about that. The stand is solid and snaps into place with a satisfying click. The metal mesh feel nice. It will of course flex considering how thin it is, but there's a stand under it to keep it from collapsing. There's enough heft in it that you won't worry about it breaking while having it in your bag thrown around, but still light enough for you to want to carry around. The only immediate thing that I want to change is to add more rubber on the stand.

-Design

The main reason why I bought the cooler in the first place. Sure, there are a bunch of colorful coolers, but I'm loving that bunny and the three debossed carrots! The backside is enclosed in a plastic enclosure that prevents fingers getting cut. The sides are slanted making it comfortable to have is sit on my lap. The cable is quite long for my taste, but they provide a slot for you to tuck the cable into. The flick stand is tall enough for a comfortable view.

tNf8Rpq.jpg

The box

gq6je1y.jpg

The bunny and barely visible carrots

iuoG4bC.jpg

The backside. Notice the cable routing

mK4lHGI.jpg

Its side with the legs up

-Performance

This is where the cooler doesn't shine. Its 180mm 1150 rpm fan doesn't really move much air. If I don't put the legs up, it can't even lift a 70 gr A5 paper, though it fares better when the legs are up though as the paper manages to hover. It still manages to keep my macbook slighty cooler, so it's doing something.

Conclusion

This isn't the best notebook cooler out there in terms of performance, but that's not the main reason why I bought it instead of Cooler Master's Notepal series which doesn't seem lap-friendly. The design is very nice, it's very well built. My macbook keeps slipping off, but I'm blaming that on Apple for giving this laptop such a shite rubber. 

*Sorry for the grainy photo. This is my first review, so criticise as you wish 

I was looking for a notebook cooler for my volcanic 2012 macbook pro, so here's what I think about it

I would have asked you prior to making this review, have you tried changing the thermal paste? I did that to my Late 2011 Mac Mini, and it made a world of difference in terms of temps even though I used a Hyper 212 EVO's stock thermal paste.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

I would have asked you prior to making this review, have you tried changing the thermal paste? I did that to my Late 2011 Mac Mini, and it made a world of difference in terms of temps even though I used a Hyper 212 EVO's stock thermal paste.

My dad lent me this laptop since he won't buy me a new one, so I can't do that even though i really want to