[Massdrop] Superlux HD668B [$38.36]

https://www.massdrop.com/buy/superlux-hd668b-headphones

They're pretty darn clear sounding headphones for the price.

I enjoy the ones I have already and committed to grab another for a friend.

ba3dab805b40458be817d0f1aea1c610.png

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

if only the bass was a bit better..

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

Oh yeah--very little bass. That's what I have speakers for. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Repost

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

Repost

Where..?

--not exactly helpful to just say repost without a link redirecting to the original.

how' s the build quality on them ?

It's a bit flimsy compared to more robust headphones but I haven't had any issues wearing them in the rain while on the go.

I have them and there is a very easy fix to the low bass. Get an amp and EQ down everything but the bass and it sounds fantastic.

Edit* Also you can do a mod to close off half of the ports and that deepens the stock EQ bass.

Sky Pollution | i5 3570k @4.8Ghz | MSi z77a g45 | MSi GTX 770 Gaming 2gb | Samsung 840 Evo 250gb, Samsung OEM 500gb HDD | Corsair CX750m | Corsair 760t White Edition |
Corsair M95 | SuperLux 668b's | Logitech C615 | ViewSonic VX2250wm | Random OEM keyboard until I rage break it and grab another random OEM keyboard from my pile.
Build Log: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/186413-sky-pollution-my-white-760t-build-rebuildupgrade/

@WoodenMarker

I might actually pitch in . I'm currently using Razer hammerhead , but i'd like to use them only for my phone. do you think it would be an upgrade for my use case ( mainly cs:go and some bass heavy music )

I have them and there is a very easy fix to the low bass. Get an amp and EQ down everything but the bass and it sounds fantastic.

Edit* Also you can do a mod to close off half of the ports and that deepens the stock EQ bass.

1. requires money which could be use to get a better pair in the first place

2. ermm could wreck stuff and voids warranty im guessing

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

@WoodenMarker

I might actually pitch in . I'm currently using Razer hammerhead , but i'd like to use them only for my phone. do you think it would be an upgrade for my use case ( mainly cs:go and some bass heavy music )

Oh yeah--very little bass. That's what I have speakers for. 

@WoodenMarker

It would be an upgrade for anything but bass. I find it great for gaming though. 

That might work.

1. requires money which could be use to get a better pair in the first place

2. ermm could wreck stuff and voids warranty im guessing

1. You should have an amp/dac anyway if you're into audio.

2. If you wreck a pair of headphones by covering a circular hole you might need to go back to preschool and practice putting the wooden cube in the square hole...

Sky Pollution | i5 3570k @4.8Ghz | MSi z77a g45 | MSi GTX 770 Gaming 2gb | Samsung 840 Evo 250gb, Samsung OEM 500gb HDD | Corsair CX750m | Corsair 760t White Edition |
Corsair M95 | SuperLux 668b's | Logitech C615 | ViewSonic VX2250wm | Random OEM keyboard until I rage break it and grab another random OEM keyboard from my pile.
Build Log: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/186413-sky-pollution-my-white-760t-build-rebuildupgrade/

1. You should have an amp/dac anyway if you're into audio.

2. If you wreck a pair of headphones by covering a circular hole you might need to go back to preschool and practice putting the wooden cube in the square hole...

1. if your into audio you probably wont be using $30 headphones

2. I thought you meant audio ports something nvm..

It would be an upgrade for anything but bass. I find it great for gaming though. 

That might work.

Yea I easily fixed the bass issues when using them on pc with EQ but when using them with my phone there wasn't anything I could do so I figured I'd try covering half the ports and it helped a lot actually. You can even change the characteristic of the bass with how many you cover and the pattern you cover them.

They'd be such a steal at $30. Sadly, they're usually closer to $40-50.

2. I thought you meant audio ports something nvm..

Well I'm into audio and I use them. Getting a pair of really nice headphones that are as good as any other $100 pair for $40 is what I call being smart. That and being able to get a full audio setup (headphones, amp/dac, standalone mic) for under $200 is a damn good deal to me.

Well I'm into audio and I use them. Getting a pair of really nice headphones that are as good as any other $100 pair for $40 is what I call being smart. That and being able to get a full audio setup (headphones, amp/dac, standalone mic) for under $200 is a damn good deal to me.

alright I give up you win

just too much of a hassle for the average non audiophile that wont spend more than $50 on a complete audio setup...

just too much of a hassle for the average non audiophile that wont spend more than $50 on a complete audio setup...

They still sound fine on their own if that's what you were wondering. 

They still sound fine on their own if that's what you were wondering. 

ive tried them on and there just wasnt enough bass. im that guy that turns the bass to max..

I own these headphones, once you've worn them in the bass is good, I much prefer a slightly quiter, better controlled bass than loud and sloppy bass.

They grip pretty tightly to your head at first but again, if you leave them overnight stretched over the box they came in this is solved, I barely notice them now.

Build quality is fine, the design is a bit crap, ie, they're not fashion headphones, but they're well made for the price.

Here's a short review I did about a year ago on them, what I said is still pretty much true with them now http://spicychickencows.weebly.com/rob/review-superlux-hd-668b-headphones

Would they be any better than my Sennheiser hd 419's? I play games and listen to classical/jazz and some easy rock.

Would they be any better than my Sennheiser hd 419's? I play games and listen to classical/jazz and some easy rock.

Your Sennheisers probably have better bass, but there are other aspects of the Superluxs that might be better. I haven't tried the H419s other than in store, I wasn't impressed with them at all.

For $40 its not that big of an expense, so if you don't like them you could gift them. I'll be purchasing my 3rd pair through MD of these headphones because they are that amazing. Not as good as when they were only $30, but still fantastic at $40.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

ordered these yesterday on Massdrop, not that much of an audiophile, but it'll

get me off the USB headsets for now. later an antlion mic.

Your Sennheisers probably have better bass, but there are other aspects of the Superluxs that might be better. I haven't tried the H419s other than in store, I wasn't impressed with them at all.

For $40 its not that big of an expense, so if you don't like them you could gift them. I'll be purchasing my 3rd pair through MD of these headphones because they are that amazing. Not as good as when they were only $30, but still fantastic at $40.

If i was to splurge 100$ for ath m40x how much of a better experience would i get for 3x the cost?

I also have another question but about massdrop in general, if i purchase two will i have to pay shipping on each? Also if anyone is from EU can i get a confirmation there is no tax/customs complictions.

Thanks!

The lowest I've seen... Can't decide between these or the Samson Meteorite, tough choices.

[witty signature]