POssible to overheat wii?

spwath

Is it possible to overheat a wii if i turn it on with no heatsink?

Can i overheat it to the point of physical damage?

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

most likely if there is no cooling for but i'm not too sure about it

Spoiler

My system is the Dell Inspiron 15 5559 Microsoft Signature Edition

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

i got 477 posts in my first 30 days on LinusTechTips.com

most likely if there is no cooling for but i'm not too sure about it

Like will it turn off?

Or can i make it burn?

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Is it possible to overheat a wii if i turn it on with no heatsink?

Can i overheat it to the point of physical damage?

Yes you can overheat the console if  you remove the heatsink

No it won't likely cause damage because like a PC it will shutoff at a certain temp to protect itself. 

That being said.. don't do it.... just.. don't. 

@TechBenchTV

Ex-NCIX Tech Tips Producer.  Linus hates my scripts. 

The Wii gets quite hot while gaming as it is, so I doubt it is a good idea.

Bu I dont think it will turn of or something..

Are you planning on still having the fan on it or nah?

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Yes you can overheat the console if  you remove the heatsink

No it won't likely cause damage because like a PC it will shutoff at a certain temp to protect itself. 

That being said.. don't do it.... just.. don't. 

Darn, i wish it wouldent auto shut offf

The Wii gets quite hot while gaming as it is, so I doubt it is a good idea.

Bu I dont think it will turn of or something..

Are you planning on still having the fan on it or nah?

I want to make it burn.

But if it will turn off before it gets to hot, then :(

I want to make it burn.

just throw it in a fire it will burn then
Spoiler

My system is the Dell Inspiron 15 5559 Microsoft Signature Edition

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

i got 477 posts in my first 30 days on LinusTechTips.com

just throw it in a fire it will burn then

I want it to burn itself

OP stop being an ***.  Lately I have seen posts about people destroying stuff to just get their jollies off and it is ridiculous.  Give the Wii away to someone who would make use of it or heck sell it for something and use the money to get yourself something you need or something nice or maybe get something for someone close to you.  Heck the money you could get for it could be put towards a long term goal you have or something you are not even thinking about right now so put the money you get from selling it into savings.  Grow up OP.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

I want to make it burn.

You want to make it burn? LOL

There's probably some connector monitoring the temps which you have to disconnect

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

OP stop being an ***. Lately I have seen posts about people destroying stuff to just get their jollies off and it is ridiculous. Give the Wii away to someone who would make use of it or heck sell it for something and use the money to get yourself something you need or something nice or maybe get something for someone close to you. Heck the money you could get for it could be put towards a long term goal you have or something you are not even thinking about right now so put the money you get from selling it into savings. Grow up OP.

It doesn't work, I should note that.

It stopped working, but still could turn on, so I took it apart.

No one could get use out of it, it won't work

You'll probably find it will go in to a state of "red ring of death " like the Xbox

I say if it's broken do it and post pictures (maybe do it outside)

I think it has been answered but im interested why you would want to run a Wii without a heatsink ?

Is it a secret water cooled Wii ?

or you want it to burn ? 

You'll probably find it will go in to a state of "red ring of death " like the Xbox

I say if it's broken do it and post pictures (maybe do it outside)

IF it wont burn, ill try it again putting it in a dish of water.

Then see what happens.

I think it has been answered but im interested why you would want to run a Wii without a heatsink ?

Is it a secret water cooled Wii ?

or you want it to burn ? 

I want it to burn!

1.re-attach fan

2.make a fire

3.turn on wii

4.make the fan suck up the fire

5. profit

May the light have your back and your ISO low.

-sigh-

Electrical fires are no joke. Why would you purposefully make something burn?

IF it wont burn, ill try it again putting it in a dish of water.

Then see what happens.

you could probably mix the water with olive oil and turn it on to see how the heat disperses off the chips. That might work and would probably be quite cool to see it would be like a Nintendo lava lamp

I still like the idea of a water cooled Wii !

Hmm...

I have a custom loop, that would be cool if I just tested it

-sigh-

Electrical fires are no joke. Why would you purposefully make something burn?

He's talking about overheating and killing it, not starting an electrical fire.

Intel i5-3570K/ Gigabyte GTX 1080/ Asus PA248Q/ Sony MDR-7506/MSI Z77A-G45/ NHD-14/Samsung 840 EVO 256GB+ Seagate Barracuda 3TB/ 16GB HyperX Blue 1600MHZ/  750w PSU/ Corsiar Carbide 500R