Phanteks fan hub makes my fans run at 100%. Defective?

zerge

Hello,

I've got a Phanteks PWM Fanhub but I've got an issue with it - my fans runs at highest speeds all the time and never spins down to low speeds at all. I've followed the instructions that were included with it, and everything is connected like it should be but the issue is still there. I've tried changing settings in BIOS related to the fans, but without any difference whatsoever.

Anything more I can try doing? Or is the fanhub defective maybe?

Hello,

I've got a Phanteks PWM Fanhub but I've got an issue with it - my fans runs at highest speeds all the time and never spins down to low speeds at all. I've followed the instructions that were included with it, and everything is connected like it should be but the issue is still there. I've tried changing settings in BIOS related to the fans, but without any difference whatsoever.

Anything more I can try doing? Or is the fanhub defective maybe?

no molex, pluged into cpu header? Also is the fan plugged into fan slot 1 on the hub pwm. Not sure if that matters my 3 pins change rpm. Sometimes it read them as 0 below 600 rmp.

no molex, pluged into cpu header?

Yes, I've plugged it into the CPU fan header and it's running at full speeds. I've tried having it connected with SATA power and without, with no difference what so ever.

Yes, I've plugged it into the CPU fan header and it's running at full speeds. I've tried having it connected with SATA power and without, with no difference what so ever.

do the fans change when not in the hub? If they do i would contact support.

do the fans change when not in the hub? If they do i would contact support.

The fans does spin up and down if I have them connected directly to my motherboard, so the fan hub seems to be the issue in this case. All fans that I've got are 4 pin PWM fans, so that's probably not the issue either.

The fans does spin up and down if I have them connected directly to my motherboard, so the fan hub seems to be the issue in this case. All fans that I've got are 4 pin PWM fans, so that's probably not the issue either.

That Phanteks fan hub operates by taking a PWM signal and converting it into DC voltage control. What fan and what motherboard are you using?

Titan: Intel Core i7-5820K | ASUS X99-A | Crucial Ballistix Sport 4x4GB DDR4-2400 | ASUS Strix GeForce GTX 970 | OCZ Arc 100 2x256GB in RAID 0 | Seagate Barracuda 2x2TB in RAID 1

EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2 | Fractal Design Define R5 Titanium Window | Phanteks PH-TC14PE | ASUS BW-12B1ST

That Phanteks fan hub operates by taking a PWM signal and converting it into DC voltage control. What fan and what motherboard are you using?

Just a rather generic ASUS motherboard, ASUS M5A97 LE R2.0, and it does support PWM.

I'm using Phanteks fans (140mm, 200mm) and 2 Cooler Master fans that came with my radiator.

Just a rather generic ASUS motherboard, ASUS M5A97 LE R2.0, and it does support PWM.

I'm using Phanteks fans (140mm, 200mm) and 2 Cooler Master fans that came with my radiator.

Try playing with the fan speeds in BIOS or Fan Xpert with just one fan plugged into the fan hub (in the white connector)?

Titan: Intel Core i7-5820K | ASUS X99-A | Crucial Ballistix Sport 4x4GB DDR4-2400 | ASUS Strix GeForce GTX 970 | OCZ Arc 100 2x256GB in RAID 0 | Seagate Barracuda 2x2TB in RAID 1

EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2 | Fractal Design Define R5 Titanium Window | Phanteks PH-TC14PE | ASUS BW-12B1ST

Try playing with the fan speeds in BIOS or Fan Xpert with just one fan plugged into the fan hub (in the white connector)?

That's what I've been trying to do earlier, but it's not working still. To me, it almost seem's like my fanhub is defective

I was having the same issue plug in only 1 fan and ensure the sata power is not plugged in then test if it works increase fan count by one and keep testing till you have all plugged in. Worked for me, took me about 4 months to figure it out.... it sucked having all at 100%.