Please help! Something is wrong

cubby208

Hello. So I had a perfectly working computer. Until... Today. So here are some recent things I have been doing.

So I was trying to install hackintosh with unibeast and have still been unsuccessful. So here's what I did.

1. I used to have hdmi from the gpu to my display.

2. Switched it to a dvi connection.

3. Switched it back to hdmi

4. Unsuccessfully tried installing hackintosh

5. Removed the wireless card from a pci slot

6. Tried to do hackintosh... Failed

7. Put the wireless card back in.

And now here's what happening. If you look at the bios instead of showing as a GTX 980 it shows.

NVIDIA Corporation. VGA-compatible controller, running at x16

And when Windows runs it has an error.

How can I fix this?

Hello. So I had a perfectly working computer. Until... Today. So here are some recent things I have been doing.

So I was trying to install hackintosh with unibeast and have still been unsuccessful. So here's what I did.

1. I used to have hdmi from the gpu to my display.

2. Switched it to a dvi connection.

3. Switched it back to hdmi

4. Unsuccessfully tried installing hackintosh

5. Removed the wireless card from a pci slot

6. Tried to do hackintosh... Failed

7. Put the wireless card back in.

And now here's what happening. If you look at the bios instead of showing as a GTX 980 it shows.

NVIDIA Corporation. VGA-compatible controller, running at x16

And when Windows runs it has an error.

How can I fix this?

Reinstall Windows and do a clean driver install then.

Intel i7 7820X (delidded) @ 4.9GHz - MSI X299 M7 ACK + EKWB Fullcover Block - G.Skill Trident Z 32GB @ 3466MHz - nVidia Titan Xp + EKWB Fullcover Block @ 2.1GHz - Samsung 960Pro 2x - WDD Blue 2TB - Seasonic 750W Platinum - modded Corsair 600C - Hardtubed Custom Watercooling

How do I do that? I do have the install disk and the key. Won't this ruin all the windows software I have put on it?

How do I do that? I do have the install disk and the key. Won't this ruin all the windows software I have put on it?

Of course it will. It will basically format your main hard drive or SSD if you have more than one. And you should probably save all data first that you want to save.

Intel i7 7820X (delidded) @ 4.9GHz - MSI X299 M7 ACK + EKWB Fullcover Block - G.Skill Trident Z 32GB @ 3466MHz - nVidia Titan Xp + EKWB Fullcover Block @ 2.1GHz - Samsung 960Pro 2x - WDD Blue 2TB - Seasonic 750W Platinum - modded Corsair 600C - Hardtubed Custom Watercooling

Could I mabye use another drive a new one? And then install it on the new one then update the drivers from that Windows. Then wipe it and go back to the old one?

I plan to use that drive for os x once I have wiped it.

Could I mabye use another drive a new one? And then install it on the new one then update the drivers from that Windows. Then wipe it and go back to the old one?

I plan to use that drive for os x once I have wiped it.

No that's impossible. You can only get a new drive do a fresh install and copy all necessary data to the new OS. But to draw any files over from the system itself will not work.

Alright since it seems like your GPU driver is screwed up (but there could be more affected) try this:

http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html

This programm does a complete GPU driver removal and then install the nVidia driver completely new.

What will be the fastest way to fix the gpu and get Windows installed and all the programs I have on it?

How do I wipe the old Windows drive.

What will be the fastest way to fix the gpu and get Windows installed and all the programs I have on it?

How do I wipe the old Windows drive.

Did you try to do a complete driver removal and clean install already? If not please follow the link I posted you and remove your GPU driver and install if fresh.

You know Windows did say it wanted to restart after it collected info then it had 0%... Should I leave that then mabye it will go to Windows and let me fix drivers?