Upgrade to two titan x's?

REDARROWS1

I was thinking should i upgrade to two titan x's or stick with 3 780 ti windforce's?

Any suggestions are welcome

<p>Pc specs: cpu: i7 4960x: gpu: windforce 780ti x3: cpu cooler: h100i: ram: 32gb corsair vengence pro red: motherboard: asus iv rampage black edition: case: 900d: ssd: 1tb 840 evo: hdd 4tb wb black: psu: corsair ax1200i: os: windows 7 ultimate: monitor: asus pb287q 4k

I was thinking should i upgrade to two titan x's or stick with 3 780 ti windforce's?

A single titan-x is enough for 4k so..

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

As long is your monitor is 4K or bigger

Easy answer to that, you want to play in 4K then go for it, because the 3GB VRAM aren't sufficient for 4K.

Intel i7 7820X (delidded) @ 4.9GHz - MSI X299 M7 ACK + EKWB Fullcover Block - G.Skill Trident Z 32GB @ 3466MHz - nVidia Titan Xp + EKWB Fullcover Block @ 2.1GHz - Samsung 960Pro 2x - WDD Blue 2TB - Seasonic 750W Platinum - modded Corsair 600C - Hardtubed Custom Watercooling

A single titan-x is enough for 4k so..

No harm in SLIin' lol

Regular human bartender...Jackie Daytona.

Ahhhh, truthfully Nvidia screwed up the 780 Ti by gimping it with 3GB of RAM.  Hard call bro but if you have the money, I would lean towards the Titan X but recommend putting those bad boys under water.

I have a potato!

Obviously the Titan X sli is better.  But man, what a waste of money!!

i7 4790k @4.7 | GTX 1070 Strix | Z97 Sabertooth | 32GB  DDR3 2400 mhz | Intel 750 SSD | Define R5 | Corsair K70 | Steel Series Rival | XB271, 1440p, IPS, 165hz | 5.1 Surround
PC Build

Desk Build

Obviously the Titan X sli is better.  But man, what a waste of money!!

And how is this exactly wasting money?

Intel i7 7820X (delidded) @ 4.9GHz - MSI X299 M7 ACK + EKWB Fullcover Block - G.Skill Trident Z 32GB @ 3466MHz - nVidia Titan Xp + EKWB Fullcover Block @ 2.1GHz - Samsung 960Pro 2x - WDD Blue 2TB - Seasonic 750W Platinum - modded Corsair 600C - Hardtubed Custom Watercooling

Depends on your wallet :P

If interested i know that JayzTwoCents is getting a tri SLI Titan X pretty soon, so if you want some benchmarks and comments he can give it to you.

But honestly i would stick with your current setup unless you really want to burn some money. At least wait to see how the 390x is going to stand. The release of the 390x might even bring a price drop on the Titan x?

All in all i would wait a little more, make sure you're ready to feel the burn in your pocket though :P

When in doubt: C4

Depends on your wallet :P

If interested i know that JayzTwoCents is getting a tri SLI Titan X pretty soon, so if you want some benchmarks and comments he can give it to you.

But honestly i would stick with your current setup unless you really want to burn some money. At least wait to see how the 390x is going to stand. The release of the 390x might even bring a price drop on the Titan x?

All in all i would wait a little more, make sure you're ready to feel the burn in your pocket though :P

If he is looking for 4K benchmarks I've submitted my results with the 2way SLI already in our forum. Just look in the Unigine Valley and 3D Mark threads. There you find the asnwers how good a Titan X 2way SLI with mild OC and air cooler performs.

And how is this exactly wasting money?

Well, no offense, but if you don't see how it's a waste, it won't do much good having me explain it.  And I don't mean that you are dumb, I just mean you can't learn good financial sense on LTT forums.

i7 4790k @4.7 | GTX 1070 Strix | Z97 Sabertooth | 32GB  DDR3 2400 mhz | Intel 750 SSD | Define R5 | Corsair K70 | Steel Series Rival | XB271, 1440p, IPS, 165hz | 5.1 Surround
PC Build

Desk Build

Well, no offense, but if you don't see how it's a waste, it won't do much good having me explain it.  And I don't mean that you are dumb, I just mean you can't learn good financial sense on LTT forums.

For me it's not a waste at all. For me it is finally 4K enjoyable without exceptions. And without being mean, I think my financial status is and will never be here for discussion :).

For me it's not a waste at all. For me it is finally 4K enjoyable without exceptions. And without being mean, I think my financial status is and will never be here for discussion :).

ha I lol'd at the last part!

for me the price to performance scale of the titan x isn't quite there. but I do I've in England and the price of the titan x converts to like $1400 instead of the 999 it should be. yes sli Titans are awesome and its the kind of setup I need for my 4k monitor. I just don't want to drop £1800 on gpus!

if the 390x can be bought for ~£600 and perform 90% of the titan x or even better than it.. I'm sold on crossfiring them!!

Gaming PC: • AMD Ryzen 7 3900x • 16gb Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200mhz • Founders Edition 2080ti • 2x Crucial 1tb nvme ssd • NZXT H1• Logitech G915TKL • Logitech G Pro • Asus ROG XG32VQ • SteelSeries Arctis Pro Wireless

Laptop: MacBook Pro M1 512gb

Here is the thing:  If you are worrying about price to performance ratio THIS CARD IS NOT FOR YOU!  If a person can afford to live this lifestyle and could give a damn about price to performance to ratio, then nothing but the best is probably what you are looking for.  If you have YOUR priorities straight, then you know what you can or can't afford.  To say something is a waste of money because YOU can't afford or YOU think the price to performance ratio is shit is irrelevant. 

I have a potato!

Guys lets not argue about cost. I'm just looking for the best possible 4k gaming experience.

<p>Pc specs: cpu: i7 4960x: gpu: windforce 780ti x3: cpu cooler: h100i: ram: 32gb corsair vengence pro red: motherboard: asus iv rampage black edition: case: 900d: ssd: 1tb 840 evo: hdd 4tb wb black: psu: corsair ax1200i: os: windows 7 ultimate: monitor: asus pb287q 4k

Guys lets not argue about cost. I'm just looking for the best possible 4k gaming experience.

Then, go for 2 titan x

Cpu:i5-4690k Gpu:r9 280x with some other things

Then, go for 2 titan x

If cost is no issue. Go with 4 titan x. best there is. :P

Rob

The people that can't afford it are the first to claim it's a waste of money without regard to any other spec, performance desire, etc. Not everyone puts price per performance as top priority, and each time I read comments about something being a waste of money, it just irritates me.

Well 2 Titan X can do 5K gaming (watch Linus's video), so go for it if you can afford them.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

And it looks so damn delicious... nom nom nom ;).

IMG_3242_zpslncbk8i3.jpg

And it looks so damn delicious... nom nom nom ;).

-snip-

That's some Yoda koolaid right there

Cpu:i5-4690k Gpu:r9 280x with some other things

Go with TitanX Sli and you will have all the power you will ever need

Also could it run Hexa 1080p Monitors like this?

• is monitor

•••

•••

Because he had a hard drive.

Why not wait for AMD's 300 series?

Current System Setup | Case: Corsair Obsidian 650D | CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K @4.0GHz | CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i Hydro Series | Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 | RAM: Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz 8GB (2x4GB) | Graphics Card: MSI Radeon R9 290X | SSD: Samsung EVO 840 250GB | HDD: Western Digital Blue 1TB 7200rpm | PSU: Corsair HX750W 80+ Gold | Display: Dell UltraSharp 24" U2414H | Headset: Tritton Kunai | Mouse: EtekCity Scroll X1 | Keyboard: Microsoft SideWinder X4 RED LED