Corsair Customer Service

Muffinmaddness

Hi, 

I was changing my cpu, and then installing my H105 AIO cooler,. and it was really loose ( like the backplate needed washers under the screws) I didnt recieve any in the box, so i assumed it didn't need them, so I carried on, but while screwing in the thumb screws (by hand) the heatsink felt loose still so i hand tightened it, the thumb screw snapped the Intel screw with it still inside the thumb screw, (damn it!) so im wondering do you think corsair will help me out, their customer service seems good as iv used them before, but would they be able to send me 

1x thumb screw

1x intel screw

pack of washers ( as im pretty sure the H105 should have come with them) 

just wondering what your guys experience with corsair support has been like?

Specs 

CPU-Intel I7 4790K- @ 4.5Ghz / Mobo - Asus Maximus Hero VII / GPU - GTX 980 @ 1592MHz / RAM - 16Gb Corsair Vengeance Pro @ 2400Mhz / Cooler - Corsair H105 / SSD - Samsung 250gb 840 EVO / HDD - 2x 2tb Seagate/3x 3tb Seagate / PSU - Corsair RM1000 / Keyboard - Corsair K70 / Mouse - Corsair M65 / Case - Custom Glass panel Corsair Obsidian 750D -  Still saving for upgrades =)

Hi, 

not sure but I fit washers on the back of my h100i and it fits so much better than without (they dont come with them)

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Hi, 

I was changing my cpu, and then installing my H105 AIO cooler,. and it was really loose ( like the backplate needed washers under the screws) I didnt recieve any in the box, so i assumed it didn't need them, so I carried on, but while screwing in the thumb screws (by hand) the heatsink felt loose still so i hand tightened it, the thumb screw snapped the Intel screw with it still inside the thumb screw, (damn it!) so im wondering do you think corsair will help me out, their customer service seems good as iv used them before, but would they be able to send me 

1x thumb screw

1x intel screw

pack of washers ( as im pretty sure the H105 should have come with them) 

just wondering what your guys experience with corsair support has been like?

My experience with Corsair was the best imaginable !

My h100i failed on me created a ticket in the middle of the night, Got a reply back when I woke up with a shipping label, I shipped it at my own cost.

Got a new h100i 2 days later in the mail. 

All this was possible since the RMA centere is in my country 

But I would try some random washers it will work just fine.

They don't actually come with washers. The backplate's meant to be loose because when you tighten down the waterblock, it'll be tight. But I've seen some people use washers to fix it.

As for the thumbscrew, they should replace it for you. You can ask customer support.

~~~SnapDragon~~~

| CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X @ PBO & -0.06v offset | CPU Cooler: Scythe Ninja 5 |RAM: 32GB G.Skill Flare X 3200MHz @ 3600MHz 1.45V| Mobo: Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite  | Storage: Crucial MX300 500GB + Western Digital Blue M.2 250GB + Seagate Barracuda 2TB + Western Digital 1TB Blue | Graphics Card: Asus ROG Strix RTX 2070 Super Advanced 8G | Case: Cooler Master HAF X | PSU: Superflower Leadex Silver 650W |

Corsair's customer service has been nice.One of my psu's failed and they replace it immediately within 24 hours and instead of my cx600 i got a cx750m

When everything else Fails,Crowbar IT. - Half-life

Being a Linux user is sort of like living in a house inhabited by a large family of carpenters and architects. Every morning when you wake up, the house is a little different. Maybe there is a new turret, or some walls have moved. Or perhaps someone has temporarily removed the floor under your bed." - Unix for Dummies, 2nd Edition (Found in the .sig of Rob Riggs) 

Gave me a new k70 wrist wrest when I sat on mine :)

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Well I emailed/sent a support ticket to  corsair, they replied back withing 4 hours and they sent out everything except the H105 cooler itself, full replacements of all brackets/ screws etc, and they are sending me some washers and put my warranty on the cooler for another year.....wow they sure know how to treat their customers, fantastic!  

Specs 

CPU-Intel I7 4790K- @ 4.5Ghz / Mobo - Asus Maximus Hero VII / GPU - GTX 980 @ 1592MHz / RAM - 16Gb Corsair Vengeance Pro @ 2400Mhz / Cooler - Corsair H105 / SSD - Samsung 250gb 840 EVO / HDD - 2x 2tb Seagate/3x 3tb Seagate / PSU - Corsair RM1000 / Keyboard - Corsair K70 / Mouse - Corsair M65 / Case - Custom Glass panel Corsair Obsidian 750D -  Still saving for upgrades =)

Well I emailed/sent a support ticket to  corsair, they replied back withing 4 hours and they sent out everything except the H105 cooler itself, full replacements of all brackets/ screws etc, and they are sending me some washers and put my warranty on the cooler for another year.....wow they sure know how to treat their customers, fantastic!  

Told ya.

Corsair really takes good care of their customers. Main reason why my PSU, Case, fans and cooler's from Corsair.

~~~SnapDragon~~~

| CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X @ PBO & -0.06v offset | CPU Cooler: Scythe Ninja 5 |RAM: 32GB G.Skill Flare X 3200MHz @ 3600MHz 1.45V| Mobo: Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite  | Storage: Crucial MX300 500GB + Western Digital Blue M.2 250GB + Seagate Barracuda 2TB + Western Digital 1TB Blue | Graphics Card: Asus ROG Strix RTX 2070 Super Advanced 8G | Case: Cooler Master HAF X | PSU: Superflower Leadex Silver 650W |

u shouldnt need washers

i have a h105

the mounting bracket thing is loose before u put the water block on

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.1 Corinthians 13:4

They really do have an awesome support team! When I got my 760T case, the left side panel, which was supposed to be a solid glossy black, had a weird texture to it, like they had mixed in some transparent plastic during casting.

I contacted Corsair support, and received a new side panel not two days later, which was pretty awesome. In my haste, I had ticked the wrong box in the process, and got an all black panel in stead of a white one. Contacted them again, and they were really understanding, and two days later again, bam, proper white side panel. They care, like, a lot.  :wub:

c u r r e n t  /  ROG MAXIMUS Z690 FORMULA  /  I7-12700K  /  2080TI  /  32GB DDR5  /  LIAN LI PC-O11 DYNAMIC

Z170 STINGER  /  6700K  /  TITAN X  /  32GB DDR4  /  NZXT MANTA  /  j u i c e b o x  build log

nohasslemods 

u shouldnt need washers

i have a h105

the mounting bracket thing is loose before u put the water block on

I know, but I did try putting washers on my Girlfriends H105 and the temp dropped around 8-15 degrees, whether this was a mounting issue (she did it as her first ever build) or the washers im not sure, but it did feel more secure when we had finished =) , so might be the placebo effect lol im not sure =) 

Specs 

They have always been good for me.  Most recently last week I opened an RMA for the top Mesh filter on my 750D.   I figured they would not replace it.   Within 30 minutes I had an email saying the RMA was approved and the next afternoon I had an email with a tracking number for the replacement part.    

This has been my experience in general with them.  

Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly; the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly.