Budget build 500$

Tomic

Hi I'm looking to build my first pc on a budget (I'm a bit of a noob) and don't know what to pick so I thaugt about this http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/YmVmvKBut I'm not sure so all help is appreciated thanks

Red Fury: Cpu intel i5 4960k GPU 1060 6gb, Cooling  noctua dh15 storage 1tb sshd 250gb ssd mobo gigabyte z97p-3 case fractal r4 ram hyper x fury red 8 gb psu 550w xfx ts os win 10 monitor lg 25um56 

what games you are playing?

do you only need the tower PC?

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

CPU: Intel Core i3-4150 3.5GHz Dual-Core Processor  (£84.16 @ Scan.co.uk) 

Motherboard: MSI H97M-E35 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  (£59.96 @ Scan.co.uk) 

Memory: Crucial 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  (£47.14 @ Amazon UK) 

Video Card: XFX Radeon R7 260X 2GB Core Edition Video Card  (£83.99 @ Scan.co.uk) 

Case: Cooler Master K350 ATX Mid Tower Case  (£22.99 @ CCL Computers) 

Power Supply: EVGA 500W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  (£37.98 @ Scan.co.uk) 

Optical Drive: Lite-On iHAS124-14 DVD/CD Writer  (£9.96 @ Aria PC) 

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 (OEM) (64-bit)  (£74.34 @ Aria PC) 

Total: £458.86

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-03-27 07:11 GMT+0000

much better

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

My personal suggestion is to go second hand. You'll get better bang for buck and if you can negotiate well then you'll get a bloody good deal. I'm down to less than $200AUD for my rig by buying and selling parts and it's got a quad core CPU and a 660ti.

no wait

Video Card: PowerColor Radeon R9 270 2GB TurboDuo Video Card  (£113.99 @ Amazon UK) 
Power Supply: EVGA 500W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  (£37.98 @ Scan.co.uk) 
Total: £488.86
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-03-27 07:12 GMT+0000

with a 270

it looks good but if you what to play some games you might what a better GPU

IAN :o

ntel Pentium G3258: http://amzn.to/1xsW92J

MSI Radeon R7 250X: http://amzn.to/1CLhRPU

MSI H81M-E34: http://amzn.to/1HtBBGU

8GB Crucial Ballistix Sport: http://amzn.to/1EDDvlz

1TB Western Digital Blue: http://amzn.to/1yfAaGK

430W Corsair CX430: http://amzn.to/1HtCjDY

Fractal Design Core 1100: http://amzn.to/1FSj6xp

400$

500 quid budget

Thanks dragoon20005 I think I might do that

Red Fury: Cpu intel i5 4960k GPU 1060 6gb, Cooling  noctua dh15 storage 1tb sshd 250gb ssd mobo gigabyte z97p-3 case fractal r4 ram hyper x fury red 8 gb psu 550w xfx ts os win 10 monitor lg 25um56 

Try and stay away from the low tier AMD cpus, their price/performance isn't so good anymore.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i3-4150 3.5GHz Dual-Core Processor  (£84.16 @ Scan.co.uk)
Motherboard: ASRock H97 Anniversary ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  (£60.34 @ Amazon UK)
Memory: Kingston Fury Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 Memory  (£49.60 @ Amazon UK)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  (£38.34 @ Aria PC)
Video Card: MSI Radeon R9 280X 3GB TWIN FROZR Video Card  (£175.54 @ Scan.co.uk)
Case: Cooler Master K280 ATX Mid Tower Case  (£21.48 @ Amazon UK)
Power Supply: EVGA 500W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  (£37.98 @ Scan.co.uk)
Total: £467.44
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-03-27 07:13 GMT+0000

If possible buy the GPU, memory, case, and storage used.  Get the OS on /r/softwareswap and you'll be under your budget.

sold

Hold on a second is it in dollars or pounds now.

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

Hold on a second is it in dollars or pounds now.

pounds aka quid

Ill give my opinions on the two current builds in the thread currently.

Video Card: PowerColor Radeon R9 270 2GB TurboDuo Video Card  (£113.99 @ Amazon UK) 
Total: £488.86
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-03-27 07:12 GMT+0000

with a 270

This is a not bad build for a $500 Build, However, since its budget, I would recommend getting a 1x8GB stick first, Incase you need to upgrade to 16GB (not really needed now?) Later. Your decision. Also, with the H97 Mobo, you can upgrade to an i5 /i7 later down the road.

Try and stay away from the low tier AMD cpus, their price/performance isn't so good anymore.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i3-4150 3.5GHz Dual-Core Processor  (£84.16 @ Scan.co.uk)
Motherboard: ASRock H97 Anniversary ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  (£60.34 @ Amazon UK)
Memory: Kingston Fury Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 Memory  (£49.60 @ Amazon UK)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  (£38.34 @ Aria PC)
Video Card: MSI Radeon R9 280X 3GB TWIN FROZR Video Card  (£175.54 @ Scan.co.uk)
Case: Cooler Master K280 ATX Mid Tower Case  (£21.48 @ Amazon UK)
Power Supply: EVGA 500W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  (£37.98 @ Scan.co.uk)
Total: £467.44
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-03-27 07:13 GMT+0000

If possible buy the GPU, memory, case, and storage used.  Get the OS on /r/softwareswap and you'll be under your budget.

Same as ealier, the H97 board enables you to upgrade down the road. However in this build, the difference is the more powerful GPU (280X compared to the 270), and a different case (Apparently 1 Pound cheaper? :P), though for the case you can check the differences yourself. In this build too, there is No Optical Drive, however with platforms such as Steam, Origin, etc nowadays, a optical drive is not really needed. (You can always get a USB - Optical drive later if you need one urgently) OS on softwareswap? Not sure what it is, I did take a glance at it though.

Quote me if you want me to see your message. Like my post if it helped. Click "Show More" to see things that I use.

Desktop (2014): CPU: Intel Core i5 4690k @ 3.50GHz | GPU: MSi GTX 970 Gaming 4G | Motherboard: MSi Z97 Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x4GB G.Skill RipJaws X 1600MHz + 2x4GB HyperX Black 1600MHz | SSD: Samsung 750 Evo 120GB | HDD: WD Black 1TB | Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212x | PSU: Corsair VS650 | Case: Cooler Master Elite 431 Plus | OS: Windows 10 Home

Laptop (2017): Model: Asus UX310U

Peripherals: Monitor: Samsung S24D300 OC@75Hz + Viewsonic XG2401 (144Hz) | Mouse: Logitech G305 | Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Chroma V2 | Headset: HyperX Cloud Core | Speakers: Logitech Z333 | Additional: Logitech G29

Mobiles: Samsung Pixon (2010-2012) | Samsung Galaxy Ace (2012-2013) | Samsung Galaxy S3 (2013-2016) | Samsung Note 4 (2015)(Lost) | Samsung Galaxy S7 (2016-2019) | Samsung Galaxy S10 (2019 - Current) | Additional: ASUS Zenwatch 2 (2016)

Same as ealier, the H97 board enables you to upgrade down the road. However in this build, the difference is the more powerful GPU (280X compared to the 270), and a different case (Apparently 1 Pound cheaper? :P), though for the case you can check the differences yourself. In this build too, there is No Optical Drive, however with platforms such as Steam, Origin, etc nowadays, a optical drive is not really needed. (You can always get a USB - Optical drive later if you need one urgently) OS on softwareswap? Not sure what it is, I did take a glance at it though.

Ill give my opinions on the two current builds in the thread currently.

This is a not bad build for a $500 Build, However, since its budget, I would recommend getting a 1x8GB stick first, Incase you need to upgrade to 16GB (not really needed now?) Later. Your decision. Also, with the H97 Mobo, you can upgrade to an i5 /i7 later down the road.

Microsoft operating systems.

sold

in build PSU are a fire hazard

Z97 and a locked i5 

nope

Still need a windows licens

i did 

look at post number 3

in build PSU are a fire hazard

Z97 and a locked i5 

nope

and what chip set do you want ?

and what chip set do you want ?

for locked CPU go with H97

Hi I'm looking to build my first pc on a budget (I'm a bit of a noob) and don't know what to pick so I thaugt about this http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/YmVmvKBut I'm not sure so all help is appreciated thanks

TBH I'd highly recommend saving up for a while and build something a little more high-end. It is definitely worth the wait

Go on eBay and have a look for one you can get a decent build and then upgrade the Gpu when you have some more money

i3-4150 is much better then a fx-6300 in my opinon. much better upgradeablity, fx-6300 runs on a dead socket.