Screwless Side Panel Mod

Swampfox1776

So, I'm new to the forums, so I hope I'm posting in the right forum/thread.

Does anyone know if it's possible to make a latch design for the side panels on something like the Phanteks Enthoo Luxe or Primo? They're more around my price point and I also really like the top radiator fan area for water cooling. I like the Corsair 800D and 900D's tool-less design for the side panels opening up, which is a huge selling point but the price is a bit steep and it doesn't have the top part for radiator fans which I'm very partial to.

How often are you planing to open your side panel ?

CPU: Xeon 1230v3 - GPU: GTX 770  - SSD: 120GB 840 Evo - HDD: WD Blue 1TB - RAM: Ballistix 8GB - Case: CM N400 - PSU: CX 600M - Cooling: Cooler Master 212 Evo

Update Plans: Mini ITX this bitch

Well, I tend to tweak my current case a good bit and I clean it out regularly, about once a week. I usually like to take many of the components off and clean them individually. That and I enjoy making mods a little bit at a time, so getting the tool-less side panel opening design would be ideal.

Well, I tend to tweak my current case a good bit and I clean it out regularly, about once a week. I usually like to take many of the components off and clean them individually. That and I enjoy making mods a little bit at a time, so getting the tool-less side panel opening design would be ideal.

if your cleaning once a week , invest in fan filters and vacuum more lol  

Please quote me or tag me if your trying to talk to me , I might see it through all my other notifications ^_^

Spoiler
Spoiler
the current list of dead cards is as follows 2 evga gtx 980ti acx 2.0 , 1 evga gtx 980 acx 2.0 1600mhz core 2100mhz ram golden chip card ... failed hardcore , 1 290x that caught fire , 1 hd 7950 .

may you all rest in peaces in the giant pc in the sky

Once a week.....

So hows that dust going there mate?

So, I'm new to the forums, so I hope I'm posting in the right forum/thread.

Does anyone know if it's possible to make a latch design for the side panels on something like the Phanteks Enthoo Luxe or Primo? They're more around my price point and I also really like the top radiator fan area for water cooling. I like the Corsair 800D and 900D's tool-less design for the side panels opening up, which is a huge selling point but the price is a bit steep and it doesn't have the top part for radiator fans which I'm very partial to.

my only complaint about the 900D it's hard as hell to screw in my graphics cards. even with thumb screws

We can't Benchmark like we used to, but we have our ways. One trick is to shove more GPUs in your computer. Like the time I needed to NV-Link, because I needed a higher HeavenBench score, so I did an SLI, which is what they called NV-Link back in the day. So, I decided to put two GPUs in my computer, which was the style at the time. Now, to add another GPU to your computer, costs a new PSU. Now in those days PSUs said OCZ on them, "Gimme 750W OCZs for an SLI" you'd say. Now where were we? Oh yeah, the important thing was that I had two GPUs in my rig, which was the style at the time! They didn't have RGB PSUs at the time, because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big green ones. 

Once a week.....

So hows that dust going there mate?

I've got 3 dogs that shed a good bit, and I've got 4 intake fans right now. It's a Rosewill Blackhawk that has a H100i mounted on the front of it, since there was a tiny clearance issue with the AMD Crosshair V Formula - Z mobo I had inside. I ended up removing the hard drive cages via drilling the rivets out to be able to utilize both 120mm fans on the 240mm rad. And two 140mm fans on the top.

I've got 3 dogs that shed a good bit, and I've got 4 intake fans right now. It's a Rosewill Blackhawk that has a H100i mounted on the front of it, since there was a tiny clearance issue with the AMD Crosshair V Formula - Z mobo I had inside. I ended up removing the hard drive cages via drilling the rivets out to be able to utilize both 120mm fans on the 240mm rad. And two 140mm fans on the top.

You really should still be doing more than just a weekly clean. I live in an inner city apartment that I keep pristine and my case still gets dusty as hell after 2 days or so. Yet alone having 3 dogs.

You really should still be doing more than just a weekly clean. I live in an inner city apartment that I keep pristine and my case still gets dusty as hell after 2 days or so. Yet alone having 3 dogs.

Thanks for suggestion, Smack. I'll try to clean it out more often.

Got any suggestions for my original question?

Thanks for suggestion, Smack. I'll try to clean it out more often.

Got any suggestions for my original question?

Have a look at the old Corsair 600T's latch system, It was just a single one in the roof of the case. It may take a significant amount of modding to make it work. But the latches are cheap to get (at least they used to be, not sure now). You could remove your slider style tabs from the inside of the door and fashion yourself a lip to go over the bottom of your case and then install the latch at the top. It will basically reduce your action to a pinch on the latch and lift the panel off.

If you're interested in going the mATX route I would also have a look at the Phanteks Enthoo Evolv, I'm running one now and the hinged side panels are a godsend as I swap my graphics cards almost weekly and clean my rig every other day :)

Have a look at the old Corsair 600T's latch system, It was just a single one in the roof of the case. It may take a significant amount of modding to make it work. But the latches are cheap to get (at least they used to be, not sure now). You could remove your slider style tabs from the inside of the door and fashion yourself a lip to go over the bottom of your case and then install the latch at the top. It will basically reduce your action to a pinch on the latch and lift the panel off.

If you're interested in going the mATX route I would also have a look at the Phanteks Enthoo Evolv, I'm running one now and the hinged side panels are a godsend as I swap my graphics cards almost weekly and clean my rig every other day :)

Awesome, I'll have a look and see what I can find. Hadn't thought of that.

What about magnets? You could get strong ones from hard-drives  :P

CPU: i5 4670k @ 3.4GHz + Corsair H100i      GPU: Gigabyte GTX 680 SOC (+215 Core|+162 Mem)     SSD: Kingston V300 240GB (OS)      Headset: Logitech G930 

Case: Cosair Vengance C70 (white)                RAM: 16GB TeamGroup Elite Black DDR3 1600MHz       HDD: 1TB WD Blue                              Mouse: Logitech G602

OS: Windows 7 Home Premium                       PSUXFX Core Edition 750w                                                Motherboard: MSI Z97-G45               Keyboard: Logitech G510