Testing for Dead RAM

babadoctor

I got a 8GB coursair ram stick for my build and i tried turning on my build. Everything starts spinning BUT NO VIDEO. No MOBO broken pins, No disconnects in the system. The only possible error i see is dead ram. I ran the system without ram and with ram and they started exactly the same. I am 90% sure ram is dead. Can someone assure me?

PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/m49GD3
Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/m49GD3/by_merchant/

CPU: Intel Core i5-4440 3.1GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($189.99 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: MSI H81M-E33 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($45.60 @ Directron) 
Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($67.98 @ OutletPC) 
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($54.56 @ Amazon) 
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon R9 270X 4GB Dual-X Video Card  ($167.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Case: NZXT Source 210 Elite (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($47.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Power Supply: EVGA 500W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($39.99 @ Micro Center) 
Optical Drive: Samsung SH-224DB/BEBE DVD/CD Writer  ($14.93 @ Amazon) 
Total: $629.03
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-03-27 02:06 EDT-0400
(ram was 40$ at the time of purchase

OFF TOPIC: I suggest every poll from now on to have "**CK EA" option instead of "Other"

Try to boot without the GPU, maybe it's the GPU. To test your RAM, you can use Prime95 or Memtest86.

Where I hang out: The Garage - Car Enthusiast Club

My cars: 2006 Mazda RX-8 (MT) | 2014 Mazda 6 (AT) | 2009 Honda Jazz (AT)

PC Specs

Indonesia

CPU: i5-4690 | Motherboard: MSI B85-G43 | Memory: Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB | Power Supply: Corsair CX500 | Video Card: MSI GTX 970

Storage: Kingston V300 120GB & WD Blue 1TB | Network Card: ASUS PCE-AC56 | Peripherals: Microsoft Wired 600 & Logitech G29 + Shifter

Australia 

CPU: Ryzen 3 2200G | Motherboard: MSI - B450 Tomahawk | Memory: Mushkin - 8GB (1 x 8GB) | Storage: Mushkin 250GB & Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB
Video Card: GIGABYTE - RX 580 8GB | Case: Corsair - 100R ATX Mid Tower | Power Supply: Avolv 550W 80+ Gold

Try to boot without the GPU, maybe it's the GPU. To test your RAM, you can use Prime95 or Memtest86.

SYSTEM WONT BOOT... tried without graphics to no avail.

OFF TOPIC: I suggest every poll from now on to have "**CK EA" option instead of "Other"

Plug your monitor into the onboard video out on your MOBO, then load to BIOS to see if the ram is identified. 

sold

Plug your monitor into the onboard video out on your MOBO, then load to BIOS to see if the ram is identified. 

BIOS wont load. or post no matter what i do. no matter what i do it turns on once and stays on. even without ram.

It may be a defective motherboard, have you ruled that out?

IDK, i dont have any other mobos exept one with a bent pin.

IDK, i dont have any other mobos exept one with a bent pin.

Where did you buy the components?  You could try and return the Mobo and ram, the two most likely causes for failure.

sold

Where did you buy the components?  You could try and return the Mobo and ram, the two most likely causes for failure.

all from amazon becuz i thought this might happen.

AND WHADDAYA KNOW IT DOES

The system will not POST without RAM. That's the point of POST - to make sure you have working components that will allow (presumably) basic operation of the machine. Have you tried your DIMMs in each slot? Do you have other DIMMs to try?

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

The system will not POST without RAM. That's the point of POST - to make sure you have working components that will allow (presumably) basic operation of the machine. Have you tried your DIMMs in each slot? Do you have other DIMMs to try?

NERP. but i will test ram on friends PC. is all good

BIOS wont load. or post no matter what i do. no matter what i do it turns on once and stays on. even without ram.

Could be the Motherboard.

Where I hang out: The Garage - Car Enthusiast Club

My cars: 2006 Mazda RX-8 (MT) | 2014 Mazda 6 (AT) | 2009 Honda Jazz (AT)

PC Specs

Indonesia

CPU: i5-4690 | Motherboard: MSI B85-G43 | Memory: Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB | Power Supply: Corsair CX500 | Video Card: MSI GTX 970

Storage: Kingston V300 120GB & WD Blue 1TB | Network Card: ASUS PCE-AC56 | Peripherals: Microsoft Wired 600 & Logitech G29 + Shifter

Australia 

CPU: Ryzen 3 2200G | Motherboard: MSI - B450 Tomahawk | Memory: Mushkin - 8GB (1 x 8GB) | Storage: Mushkin 250GB & Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB
Video Card: GIGABYTE - RX 580 8GB | Case: Corsair - 100R ATX Mid Tower | Power Supply: Avolv 550W 80+ Gold