Good Morning all,

Question: The advice to use Dual Channel, but a MB with Four slots ? Is there a less expensive MB that has only two slots for Ram ?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813132052

I have a Kingston Hyperx 3k 240Gb SATA III SSD already.

Intended Use: COD UO, Steam Games

Goal: Minimal Cost 

AMD Original Build  http://pcpartpicker.com/user/Diozark/saved/CwrnTW

Intel Original Build:  http://pcpartpicker.com/user/Diozark/saved/wqqQzy

Intel Modified Build based on suggestions:  http://pcpartpicker.com/user/Diozark/saved/sJxPxr

Here is some help I received from dmanschramm

I think the build is great, and the 750Ti will play 1080p at roughly 60fps (maybe not ultra but high settings definitely -> it'll play BF4 at roughly 35fps on ultra)

But I do recommend going with a Pentium G3258 (which is EXTREMELY overclockable) and a Z97 board (whichever you want, motherboard doesn't impact performance, but I personally prefer Asus) which will get you drastically improved performance for minimal cost.

Looks great! You might want to get a dual channel 8x2 RAM for expandability. Also, a better PSU would allow for upgrading and better overclocking for better processors.

Thank You

Make sure that ram is not defective! i got defective ram and coursair wont refund me. DAM YOU COURSAIR

OFF TOPIC: I suggest every poll from now on to have "**CK EA" option instead of "Other"

Good Morning all,

Question: The advice to use Dual Channel, but a MB with Four slots ? Is there a less expensive MB that has only two slots for Ram ?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813132052

I have a Kingston Hyperx 3k 240Gb SATA III SSD already.

Intended Use: COD UO, Steam Games

Goal: Minimal Cost 

Original Build:  http://pcpartpicker.com/user/Diozark/saved/wqqQzy

Modified Build based on suggestions:  http://pcpartpicker.com/user/Diozark/saved/sJxPxr

Here is some help I received from dmanschramm

I think the build is great, and the 750Ti will play 1080p at roughly 60fps (maybe not ultra but high settings definitely -> it'll play BF4 at roughly 35fps on ultra)

But I do recommend going with a Pentium G3258 (which is EXTREMELY overclockable) and a Z97 board (whichever you want, motherboard doesn't impact performance, but I personally prefer Asus) which will get you drastically improved performance for minimal cost.

Looks great! You might want to get a dual channel 8x2 RAM for expandability. Also, a better PSU would allow for upgrading and better overclocking for better processors.

Thank You

i think maybe if you found a smalle board maybe? but no most have 4 slots as far as ive seen.

askdjfasdf

Make sure that ram is not defective! i got defective ram and coursair wont refund me. DAM YOU COURSAIR

thats why im going g skills 

askdjfasdf

why you want to limit your build with only 2 RAM slots?

ZOMG Celeron with Z97 board???!!!  :blink:  :blink:

and 16GB for your use is overkill

8GB is more than enough

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

Each manufacturer has sold defective parts, hating on one will just start a flame war.

sold

Each manufacturer has sold defective parts, hating on one will just start a flame war.

Okay ): could you take the time to look at my most recent post pls? i cant figure out whats wrong

OFF TOPIC: I suggest every poll from now on to have "**CK EA" option instead of "Other"

Okay ): could you take the time to look at my most recent post pls? i cant figure out whats wrong

I have had my own experience with defective products, and I have no problem sharing my prior knowledge, however 90% of brands have sold defective products.  It happens, that's why buying from name brands is recommended. 

I'll check out your post, although RAM is difficult to diagnose unless you are experienced and have the tools.

sold

if you suspect for RAM issues 

take it to your buddy with a working PC and test it

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

if you suspect for RAM issues 

take it to your buddy with a working PC and test it

thas what ill do :D

good lord!!!

you need to re-think you build 

it horrible it burn my eyes

Should have taken Kingston...They have a nice warranty :). I bought my 32GB of Kingston HyperX Predator and couldn't be happier :), plus they look really cool with those big metal heatsinks

Specs: 

Spoiler

PC:CASE: FD Define r6 | CPU:Intel Core i7-8700k | MB: MSI z370 PC Pro RAM: 32GB Corsair vengance LPX 3000 GPU: Asus rx 6900xt Tuf STORAGE: nand 500GB Samsung 970Evo plus ; Game Storage: 2TB Samsung 860QVO Storage: 2 x WD Green 4TB | PSU: Corsair RM850x | CPUCooler: Noctua NH-D15   DISPLAY: LG 27GL850

Should have taken Kingston...They have a nice warranty :). I bought my 32GB of Kingston HyperX Predator and couldn't be happier :), plus they look really cool with those big metal heatsinks

sniff-sniff-i-smell-a-flamewar.jpg