Worth buying a CM hyper 212 cooler

chamath

Hello guys,

I had a GTX 560 ti and a cheap casing. When tested for CPU temperatures, it won't go above 85C while gaming.

Recently I replace them with a twin frozr R9 290x and a corsair 760t casing (has 2 inrtake and 2 exhaust fans). Same day I replaced my motherboard due to a fault. Now my CPU temperature goes to 100C while gaming.

My problem is, "Is it worth buying an after martket CPU cooler or can it be due to bad heat paste when replacing motherboard or any other suggestions" (my processor is i5 3450)

Try redo your paste and mount and see if that fixes it.

A locked multiplier CPU shouldn't be hitting those temps in that environment

thats normal for a stock heatsink to get hot but not THAT hot

probably paste

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

Hello guys,

I had a GTX 560 ti and a cheap casing. When tested for CPU temperatures, it won't go above 85C while gaming.

Recently I replace them with a twin frozr R9 290x and a corsair 760t casing (has 2 inrtake and 2 exhaust fans). Same day I replaced my motherboard due to a fault. Now my CPU temperature goes to 100C while gaming.

My problem is, "Is it worth buying an after martket CPU cooler or can it be due to bad heat paste when replacing motherboard or any other suggestions" (my processor is i5 3450)

That is kind of hot. I would suggest cleaning the paste and reapply 1st to check if it's due to that.

Spoiler

[CPU] i5-4690K @ 4.5GHz with NZXT Kraken X61 [MOBO] Asus Z97-AR [Memory] HyperX Fury 32GB DDR3-1600 [Storage] Samsung 840 EVO 500GB & WD 1TB Black & Hitachi 1TB [GPU] Gigabyte GTX 1080 8GB Xtreme Gaming [Case] Corsair Air 540 [PSU] Cooler Master V1000 [Case Fan] Corsair SP140 LED Fan x 3 & SP120 LED Fan x 3 [Display] Main: Philips 31.5" FULL HD IPS | Side: Philips 28" 4K UHD [Keyboard] Razer Blackwidow Ultimate Stealth Edition [Mouse] Razer Ouroboros [Mouse Pad] Razer Firefly [Sound] BOSE Companion 5 Multimedia Speaker System

Buy a hyper 212 evo, it is silent, challenging to install, keeps your cpu very cool and is overall great!

Yeah, go ahead and get the CM Hyper 212 Evo.

Even though the Stock Cooler is okay, aftermarket coolers will keep your CPU running longer, and cooler.

The Hyper 212 is defiantly worth it, although your CPU shouldn't be reaching those temperatures anyways.

sold

Buy a hyper 212 evo, it is silent, challenging to install, keeps your cpu very cool and is overall great!

It's far from silent and barely quiet at best.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Hello guys,

Try re-applying the thermal paste and if that does not help then invest in a CPU Cool

I have the 212 EVO in my rig and my it is extremely quiet for me.

Main Rig - Case: Corsair 200R   Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z270-GAMING-K3  CPU: Intel i5 7600 RAM: Corsair H55 RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB 3000MHz SSD: Crucial MX500 1 TB 

HDD: 2TB WD Green  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1660 Ti 6GB Windforce  PSU: Corsair CX 600W  

HTPC - Case: CiT MTX-007B   Motherboard: Biostar H61MGV3, CPU: Intel i5 2400  RAM: Patriot 4GB 1333MHz SSD: 240GB Toshiba SSD PSU: 180W CIT (Came with case)

Corsair 200R Front Bezel Mod

I have the 212 EVO in my rig and my it is extremely quiet for me.

Loudness is subjective.

It's definitely quieter than the stock case fans from your 300R at lower speeds if that's what you're comparing them to but that's still no where close to silent.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Loudness is subjective.

It's definitely quieter than the stock case fans from your 300R at lower speeds if that's what you're comparing them to but that's still no where close to silent.

I compare them to my Corsair AF120 fans I have on my case. My case is a 200R not 300R

Main Rig - Case: Corsair 200R   Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z270-GAMING-K3  CPU: Intel i5 7600 RAM: Corsair H55 RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB 3000MHz SSD: Crucial MX500 1 TB 

HDD: 2TB WD Green  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1660 Ti 6GB Windforce  PSU: Corsair CX 600W  

HTPC - Case: CiT MTX-007B   Motherboard: Biostar H61MGV3, CPU: Intel i5 2400  RAM: Patriot 4GB 1333MHz SSD: 240GB Toshiba SSD PSU: 180W CIT (Came with case)

Corsair 200R Front Bezel Mod

Yup, perfect for playing or normal use at night

• 2 weeks later...

I reapplied the thermal paste now temperatures do not exceed 75C under load. Thanks for your suggestions

I reapplied the thermal paste now temperatures do not exceed 75C under load. Thanks for your suggestions

That's good.

You don't need to upgrade, unless you want to oc or think your stock is to loud.

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."