290X Faster As Fast As the Titan X w/ ->Draw Calls<- w/ DX12 Enabled

MrMineHeads

At least is nice that developers are improving their API's, they're starting to give a fuck about PC.

Imagine a world where PC games gets API's and games optimized like consoles. We wouldn't need so much power to run stuff.

If we get console-like optimization the PC will become the real glorious master race.

This test doesnt show GPU performance, it rather just shows how many DrawCalls are distributed to the GPU by the CPU, using different APIs. That website is blacklisted on many tech forums for a reason. . . . 

And it's entirely possible that the draw calls are still being limited by the CPU in this scenario given how similar they are.  I'd expect to see similar result testing any relatively high end gpu.

4K // R5 3600 // RTX2080Ti

Sorry about the misleading EVERYTHING. I hope I fixed it. I'm not really advanced in GPU tech, so that is why I asked for help at first. Thanks!

My Current Build:

CPU: Intel Core i5 4690K @ 4.5 GHz MOBO: ASUS Z97M mATX RAM: Samsung 8GB (2 x 4 GB) @ 1600 MHz Storage #1: Seagate Barracuda 1 TB HDD Storage #2: Kingston SSDNow V300 Series 120 GB SSD GPU: Gigabyte Radeon R9 280X WINDFORCE Case: Cooler Master N200 PSU: EVGA 80+ Bronze 600B 600W Monitor: AOC 2367 23" IPS Display 

Future Upgrades
RAM: Samsung 8GB (2 x 4 GB) @ 1600 MHz (for a total of 16 GB) Storage #3: Sansung 850 Pro Series 256 GB SSD GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 970 Twin Frozer V Case: Corsair 350D Window mATX PSU: Cooler Master VSM 80+ Gold  650W
Add me on Steam:
Click me!

That's not how this works, that's not how any of this works.

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

WCCFTech is love, WCCFTech is life.

DAC/AMPs:

Klipsch Heritage Headphone Amplifier

Headphones: Klipsch Heritage HP-3 Walnut, Meze 109 Pro, Beyerdynamic Amiron Home, Amiron Wireless Copper, Tygr 300R, DT880 600ohm Manufaktur, T90, Fidelio X2HR

CPU: Intel 4770, GPU: Asus RTX3080 TUF Gaming OC, Mobo: MSI Z87-G45, RAM: DDR3 16GB G.Skill, PC Case: Fractal Design R4 Black non-iglass, Monitor: BenQ GW2280

Sorry about the misleading EVERYTHING. I hope I fixed it. I'm not really advanced in GPU tech, so that is why I asked for help at first. Thanks!

Not your fault, I wouldnt expect the average user to understand what that is. To be fair the article was extremely misleading and the source, a really unreliable one.

Im so patriotic, I piss red white and blue. My doctor told me it was pancreatic cancer, I told him to SHUT HIS COMMIE MOUTH.

-A shotgun wielding redneck

That title is still extremely misleading. Change it to "290X as many draw calls as Titan X with DX12" or something similar. 

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

One conclusion that we can establish from this is that AMD drivers have gotten substantially better. The benchmarks done expose the inevitable of how the DirectX 11 driver is pretty much single threaded straight through the graphics stack regardless of core count. On the other hand look how Nvidia's DirectX 11 driver scales with each additional core. AMD hardware will see a much more noticeable performance uplift with DirectX 12 than Nvidia.

Would everyone get a clue? All this bench does is show how MANY draw calls a GPU can process. No one designs games with draw call counts anywhere near this high or have draw calls this simple. This bench is useless and sends the wrong message. Let's see better game performance and a good compliment benchmark that shows what can be done in actual complexity terms with those draw calls.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

While the new API's will definitly help out graphic cards, that definitly won't mean you're going to be beating TitanX with a 780 or a some other silly nonsense. Remember that shaders and AA still take a huge toll on the gpu's and that's how everything will still be in basically the same ranking it is right now. Sure amd and nvidia will trade blows but it won't mean card herierchy will be much differnt.

However, I believe the big winners from this will be the amd FX processors and the i7's. No longer will the i5 be the "best" for gaming rigs but this will push high end gamers to actually want to upgrade to the i7 with its 2/4 extra cores. The FX hopefully will a supreme gaming beast. For the price, and the new DX12, i'm really hoping this constantly shunned cpu will become the absolute best bargain in the near future. And all these new advancements and implementations is why i'm waiting another year to upgrade my pc for VR. Can't wait :D

Would everyone get a clue? All this bench does is show how MANY draw calls a GPU can process. No one designs games with draw call counts anywhere near this high or have draw calls this simple. This bench is useless and sends the wrong message. Let's see better game performance and a good compliment benchmark that shows what can be done in actual complexity terms with those draw calls.

Hey, my Minecraft clone peaks around 200 batches a second don't hate :3

The words "nvidia" and "trust" don't belong in the same sentence. Not after gameworks and the 970 memory bug.

Also read the friggin article before grabbing each other's throats.

I should remind everyone that these are synthetic benchmarks which should not be taken as the be-all end-all performance metric. Also please keep in mind that the race for faster, more efficient DX12 drivers is still in its infancy and very much represents a leapfrog pattern at this point.

All in all as mentioned previously, synthetic benchmarks are very rarely the ideal metric to reflect real world performance. So the numbers you see above should only be taken as a rough estimate of how much superior lower level APIs such as DX12 and Mantle are compared to established traditional approaches which is what DX11 represents today.

They even said that these numbers are just numbers, its not indicative of performance unless you are comparing the same card with DX12 vs DX 11

Misleading 

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

When will we actually see DX12 implemented? They can throw benchmarks at us all day, but until I see it in action, it means nothing.

Anyone care to bet what major franchise will see it first?

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

When will we actually see DX12 implemented? They can throw benchmarks at us all day, but until I see it in action, it means nothing.

Anyone care to bet what major franchise will see it first?

I'm guessing we're waiting on the Windows 10 launch as there are a few titles that are shipping with DirectX 12 support.

I'm guessing we're waiting on the Windows 10 launch as there are a few titles that are shipping with DirectX 12 support.

Which titles? Haven't heard of any.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Which titles? Haven't heard of any.

Ashes of the Singularity and Fable Legends are the first two off the top of my head.

it's basically wccftech make a thread from other sources