"Affordable" and compact mechanical keyboard

Ryou-kun

Hello guys,

I am looking for an "affordable" yet compact mechanical keyboard. The one that you can stuff in your backpack and take it anywhere.

I prefer Brown switches, and I don't care about backlit but it is optional if the price are similar to non-backlit.

It is for my Lenovo IdeaPad Y580, and it is difficult to play games with a keyboard such as CS:GO.

Hello guys,

I am looking for an "affordable" yet compact mechanical keyboard. The one that you can stuff in your backpack and take it anywhere.

I prefer Brown switches, and I don't care about backlit but it is optional if the price are similar to non-backlit.

It is for my Lenovo IdeaPad Y580, and it is difficult to play games with a keyboard such as CS:GO.

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&es_th=1&ie=UTF-8#q=ibm+keyboard&safe=off&tbm=shop

(jk)

Affordable and Compact actually in the mechanical keyboard world are opposites.  You generally pay a premium for a 60% or TLK (ten-keyless) keyboards.  

Save your money and get something good and you can use it forever.  Always spend more on monitor, mouse, keyboard because it can last you for years if you get something quality.

@TechBenchTV

Ex-NCIX Tech Tips Producer.  Linus hates my scripts. 

"affordable" as in for someone with a job? or "affordable" as in a teen who leeches off his parents. Because for someone with a job, 100-200 is plenty affordable.

CPU: Intel Core i7 2600k | Mootherboard: ASUS P8z68v-Pro | GPU: EVGA GTX780Ti 3GB | RAM: Kingston HyperX Genesis 8GB (4GBx2) 1600mhz | PSU: Corsair AX760 | STORAGE: Samsung 840 Pro 512GB | COOLER: Noctua NH-C14 | CASE: Fractal Design Define R4 Pearl Black | Operating SystemWindows 7 Professional 64-bit |

almost any 60% keyboard should do the job, most are about $100-$150

Like @XTankSlayerX 's suggestions, I'd recommend Cooler Master's  CM Storm line of keyboards. According to reviews I've seen, they seem to be build pretty solid for a plastic construction and they come at pretty affordable prices. If you still want a number pad, I'd look into their tk series that has a unique layout that combines the the numpad and arrow keys.

And if you don't like CM storm, Rosswill seem to always be overlooked even tho they make some decent keyboards

Affordable and Compact actually in the mechanical keyboard world are opposites.  You generally pay a premium for a 60% or TLK (ten-keyless) keyboards.  

Save your money and get something good and you can use it forever.  Always spend more on monitor, mouse, keyboard because it can last you for years if you get something quality.

True. But spending more does not mean it is better or last longer, lol.

If so, then I guess buying Beats headphone is "better" than other Sennheiser, AKG, AudioTechnica, Beyerdynamic, etc headphone's prices that are under. :P

Anyway, I should stop there. Don't want ton of audiophile people start lecturing me about it, lol.

Yeah, I can see what you mean, but I don't tend to use it a lot so spending a lot on a product that you don't tend to use it often is kind of waste of money IMO.

"affordable" as in for someone with a job? or "affordable" as in a teen who leeches off his parents. Because for someone with a job, 100-200 is plenty affordable.

Nah, "affordable" as in a college student working as a work-study student that doesn't make as much compare to a part-timers or full-timers.

Well, the reason I choose the word "affordable" is because I was expecting it to have a similar meanings as in a best bang for your buck.

Like @XTankSlayerX 's suggestions, I'd recommend Cooler Master's  CM Storm line of keyboards. According to reviews I've seen, they seem to be build pretty solid for a plastic construction and they come at pretty affordable prices. If you still want a number pad, I'd look into their tk series that has a unique layout that combines the the numpad and arrow keys.

And if you don't like CM storm, Rosswill seem to always be overlooked even tho they make some decent keyboards

Interesting. It compact CM looks quite affordable. I will think about it.

Price?

I don't have any particular pricing. I would say if you can find the best bang for the buck type of mechanical blue switches compact keyboard as cheap as possible. 

I am not saying finding a $20 dollar mechanical keyboard or anything just the least expensive.

Nah, "affordable" as in a college student working as a work-study student that doesn't make as much compare to a part-timers or full-timers.

Well, the reason I choose the word "affordable" is because I was expecting it to have a similar meanings as in a best bang for your buck.

Well terms like "affordable" or "budget" doesnt mean anything... its better to state a maximum price. Then people would suggest keyboards under that price. Budget could mean anything,  300 dollar keyboard could be considered a budget keyboard as much as a 20 dollar keyboard.

CPU: Intel Core i7 2600k | Mootherboard: ASUS P8z68v-Pro | GPU: EVGA GTX780Ti 3GB | RAM: Kingston HyperX Genesis 8GB (4GBx2) 1600mhz | PSU: Corsair AX760 | STORAGE: Samsung 840 Pro 512GB | COOLER: Noctua NH-C14 | CASE: Fractal Design Define R4 Pearl Black | Operating SystemWindows 7 Professional 64-bit |

Well terms like "affordable" or "budget" doesnt mean anything... its better to state a maximum price. Then people would suggest keyboards under that price. Budget could mean anything,  300 dollar keyboard could be considered a budget keyboard as much as a 20 dollar keyboard.

Hmm, maybe less than $100 dollar?

I don't need any fancy features or anything.

As long it is mechanical, is brown switch, compact (don't need numpad) and is optional for backlit. :P