Dxtory good codec for recording gameplay {Please help!}

lovingGamer

okay I'm a noob at this stuff..  And this is only a start, I don't want to go big, buying 500$ CPU.. I have one and it's I3 4130

First specs:

RAM 8 GB

I3 4130

R9 280X

465GB Hitachi HDP725050GLA360 ATA Device (SATA)

Now i want to record two Games: BF4 (Maybe hardline), GTA V (If it ever comes out)

Now quality 30 FPS 720P max 15 Minutes gameplay

And i want to end up with 700MB file, i'm also fine with 750MB

And i know Video files will need compression,.. Handbrake I have really bad experience with it, every time i use handbrake quality was shitty so shitty!

And with Dxtory i heard about H.264 is that good codec?

I also heard about AMD DVR, but it's bad.. choppy

I'm not sure that DxTory would be the best option. You might want to try OBS with Intel Quick Sync.

Sig under construction.

I'm not sure that DxTory would be the best option. You might want to try OBS with Intel Quick Sync.

u sure?

Bandicam has AMD VCE x264(GPU Capturing/Encoding) support for capturing which might work better in your case because your CPU is balls.

Handbrake is very powerful once you understand how x264 works.

EDIT

I believe you can also use AMD VCE with dxTory

Bandicam has AMD VCE x264(GPU Capturing/Encoding) support for capturing which might work better in your case because your CPU is balls.

Handbrake is very powerful once you understand how x264 works.

EDIT

I believe you can also use AMD VCE with dxTory

My goal is to end up with 700MB file you know that right?

You don't have the CPU to capture x264 and QuickSync looks like crap at low bitrates.  You are going to have to capture at a higher bitrate then compress if you want to use QuickSync.  

If you had a better hard drive I would suggest capturing Lossless with Lagarith or UT Video then compressing

You don't have the CPU to capture x264 and QuickSync looks like crap at low bitrates.  You are going to have to capture at a higher bitrate then compress if you want to use QuickSync.  

If you had a better hard drive I would suggest capturing Lossless with Lagarith or UT Video then compressing

What about H.264? Lossless with Lagarith, 15 minutes is 20GB

I never compressed a video.

What i should use?

x264 only does 30fps right?

why do so many good cases only come in black and white

H.264 is the broadcasting standard codec, x.264 is an open source version of H.264

For compressing

Handbrake is good, is free and very powerful once you understand how to use it

Adobe Media Encoder is very simple to use but is not free, it comes with Premier but I believe is also available standalone

H.264 is the broadcasting standard codec, x.264 is an open source version of H.264

For compressing

Adobe Media Encoder is very simple to use but is not free, it comes with Premier but I believe is also available standalone

You said that i can't use x.264 cause my CPU is Sh!t

So what now?

What do you think about AMD DVR?

H.264 = Video is already compressed?

I would recommend using OpenEncodeVFW with Dxtory. It will leverage hardware accelerated H.264 encoding to alleviate CPU load.

With the right settings you can record 1 hour of decent quality 1080p 30 FPS gameplay into 16GB.

For compressing

What do you think about this

https://sokosensei.wordpress.com/2013/02/25/how-to-properly-configure-dxtory-h264-encoder-mp3-lame-encoder/

You said that i can't use x.264 cause my CPU is Sh!t

So what now?

What do you think about AMD DVR?

H.264 = Video is already compressed?

You can't live encode/capture x.264 but you can compress the file afterwards in x.264.  AMD DVR uses your GPU just like dxTory AMD VCE using OpenEncodeVFW which will most likely be your best bet

I would recommend using OpenEncodeVFW with Dxtory. It will leverage hardware accelerated H.264 encoding to alleviate CPU load.

With the right settings you can record 1 hour of decent quality 1080p gameplay into 16GB.

are you FUC*ING sirius, you just made me smile i'm so happy! i'm so happy!

But my Quality will still be good right?

are you FUC*ING sirius, you just made me smile i'm so happy! i'm so happy!

But my Quality will still be good right?

Quality seems to be fine to me...

You can't live encode/capture x.264 but you can compress the file afterwards in x.264.  AMD DVR uses your GPU just like dxTory AMD VCE using OpenEncodeVFW which will most likely be your best bet

How to compress it afterwards?

Please help me out if you have time

How to compress it afterwards?

Please help me out if you have time

If you aren't editing them in Premier or Vegas use Handbrake, it's your best bet.  There's lots of tutorials on Youtube for getting the best quality BUT no matter what, youtube destroys video quality when you upload

A 1080p video on Youtube is max 4000Kbps after you upload, I think 720p Is 2500

Quality seems to be fine to me...

yes it is..

Have you ever used OpenEncodeVFW

And you saw my specs right?

If you aren't editing them in Premier or Vegas use Handbrake, it's your best bet.  There's lots of tutorials on Youtube for getting the best quality BUT no matter what, youtube destroys video quality when you upload

OpenEncodeVFW I believe compresses the video on the fly (correct me if I'm wrong).

not really, when i searched last 3-4 weeks.. it sucked..

What do you think about OpenEncodeVFW

Would it be worth it?

not really, when i searched last 3-4 weeks.. it sucked..

What do you think about OpenEncodeVFW

Would it be worth it?

I would just try it and let us know how it works out for you. All you need to do is download this, extract it, and run install.bat as an administrator.

After that you can go into Dxtory codec settings and change the encoder to OpenEncodeVFW and then customize the encoder options.

I've never used it as I don't have a GCN based GPU although my APU does support VCE.

OpenEncodeVFW I believe compresses the video on the fly (correct me if I'm wrong).

It will capture at whatever Kbps you set it to but it is always better to capture at a higher bitrate then compress after.  GPU encoding isn't as good as CPU encoding in terms of quality and tends to artifact a lot at lower bitrates

It will capture at whatever Kbps you set it to but it is always better to capture at a higher bitrate then compress after.  GPU encoding isn't as good as CPU encoding in terms of quality and tends to artifact a lot at lower bitrates

hey more question lol sorry

So first i should record my gameplay with higher bitrate and then compress it in handbrek?, Compress it with what?: OpenEncodeVFW, H264???

OpenEncodeVFW can capture up to 50,000Kbps, but your hard drive needs to be fast enough to write as well.  You then take Handbrake(x.264) and compress it down to around 8000Kbps VBR(2-Pass) which is what Youtube recommends

https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/1722171?hl=en

Ideally when you capture with dxTory you want your Video FPS and File FPS to be the same.  If you can't hold 60FPS while capturing there's no point in capturing @ 60FPS