How bad/good is this PC for the money

My friend recently bought a ready made PC from CurrysPC world in Ireland. Its an Asus orientated , peripherals and all. He wont open it as it will void the warranty. It was €980 to start but he had a voucher so he got it for €880. Then got an acer monitor for about €120

Just looking to see how badly he bought or not.

The specs:

Intel i5 3300 (all i remember is that its a 3000 series i5)

gt 720

PSU -?

MOBO - ?

Case - just some bog standard asus case

2TB hard-drive

Don't even know if he has an SSD

Been playing on a laptop for 6 years, I play Dota 2 with 10fps. Some might say this is impossible, I say its just annoying

SNIP

Terrible

absolutely terrible

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Did he seriously pay 880 USD for it?

Seems like a rip off.. The CPU is ok.. but the GPU is not.. It's terrible.

Other than that, can't say much about it, but he could have done much better.

A pre built wasn't it?

@UnofficialPotato

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

thats not a gaming pc

its barely a office pc

If you need remote help fixing something on your computer

I can help over Teamviewer if you wish

just msg me on my profile

My friend recently bought a ready made PC from CurrysPC world in Ireland. Its an Asus orientated , peripherals and all. He wont open it as it will void the warranty. It was €980 to start but he had a voucher so he got it for €880. Then got an acer monitor for about €120

Just looking to see how badly he bought or not.

The specs:

Intel i5 3300 (all i remember is that its a 3000 series i5)

gt 720

PSU -?

MOBO - ?

Case - just some bog standard asus case

2TB hard-drive

Don't even know if he has an SSD

What? a GT 720? i5 3300 at that price? absolutely terrible... You could easily got a 280 along with an i5 4690k, and with a few tweak you could even get a GTX 970...

My rig: Intel Core i7 4790k | MSI Z97 PC Mate | GSKILL Ripjaws X 16GB 1866MHz | ADATA Premier SP550 480GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 3TB | Seagate Barracuda 2TB  | MSI Gaming X GTX 1070 | Thermaltake Versa N21 | Corsair CX550M Semi Modular PSU | AOC G2460PF 144Hz | Logitech G502 | GSKILL Ripjaws KM780  | GAMDIAS HEPHAESTUS V2  PCPartPicker | Old Build Log | New Build Log

A pre built wasn't it?

@UnofficialPotato

No. 880 EUR (960 USD)

EDIT: Yeah, CurrysPC World is complete crap here, seems like it's the same in Ireland. They're the sort of place to charge £30 for an HDMI cable. 

Blugh, seems like your friend has made a shitty deal. A GT 720? No, for that price he could have made himself a beast machine which would perform many times better than this will ever do.

New to Star Citizen? Look no further!

No. 880 EUR (960 USD)

EDIT: Yeah, CurrysPC World is complete crap here, seems like it's the same in Ireland. They're the sort of place to charge £30 for an HDMI cable. 

well, for 880 euros it's terrible too :P

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Gosh o-o and i complained about mine which was all "latest hardware" yet i tough it was overpriced. I realized now it wasnt and i feel sorry for your friend, because that pc is as good as my old laptop...

Groomlake Authority

No. 880 EUR (960 USD)

EDIT: Yeah, CurrysPC World is complete crap here, seems like it's the same in Ireland. They're the sort of place to charge £30 for an HDMI cable

Agreed, they overcharge massively, and most of their staff have no clue.

I went in to my local store and asked for a SATA Cable, to be met with a blank face, as if I was an alien or something. 

They convinced my Dad to waste £70 on a 1.5m "Gold-Plated, Super-HD-Optimized" HDMI cable.

A pre built wasn't it?

@UnofficialPotato

Yup, I linked him this to show him. All of this was because his dad was thinking of the warranty. He said he'd rather like to know if something went wrong that he could just drive up to the shop and that they would 'fix it'. He didn't trust Amazon, yes you heard it here the man didn't trust one of the largest co-operatons in the world, but he did trust the local 'techies' up in Currys.

I feel pretty bad though saying all this as in-fairness all he wants to do is play Dota with an fps rate above 10, but I just HATE seeing my friends being too lazy to accept advise on something like this and they just wont listen even though he'll be using this machine for about 10 years.

Sorry Jack, didnt mean to annoy you so much with PC talk just trying to help ;)

Been playing on a laptop for 6 years, I play Dota 2 with 10fps. Some might say this is impossible, I say its just annoying

Yup, I linked him this to show him. All of this was because his dad was thinking of the warranty. He said he'd rather like to know if something went wrong that he could just drive up to the shop and that they would 'fix it'. He didn't trust Amazon, yes you heard it here the man didn't trust one of the largest co-operatons in the world, but he did trust the local 'techies' up in Currys.

I feel pretty bad though saying all this as in-fairness all he wants to do is play Dota with an fps rate above 10, but I just HATE seeing my friends being too lazy to accept advise on something like this and they just wont listen even though he'll be using this machine for about 10 years.

Sorry Jack, didnt mean to annoy you so much with PC talk just trying to help ;)

10 years?! That wont happen.. That definitely wont happen..

I understand the warranty stuff, but he should have gotten it from some other place.

He got ripped off so bad.. 

10 years?! That wont happen.. That definitely wont happen..

I understand the warranty stuff, but he should have gotten it from some other place.

He got ripped off so bad..

For six years himself and I have been using shitty laptops to 'play games'

Yikes... I feel sorry for your friend!

Case: HAF XBCPU: 4690kCPU Cooler: NH D15Motherboard: Gigabyte Gaming 7 | RAM: Hyper X FuryVideo Card: G1 Gaming 970SSD: 850 EVO |  PSU: Supernova 550 G2 |