Valve Approved Half Life 2: Update

qwertywarrior

im DEFINITLY gonna play HL2 again for the 38420 time

http://www.nextpowerup.com/news/19590/valve-approved-half-life-2-update-is-the-closest-thing-to-half-life-3-yet.html

would really like if the valve would port HL2 to DX11 since the oculus SDK is killing dx9  and 10

Valve has approved Half Life 2: Update, a fan-made Half Life 2 mod that will be released for free tomorrow. Half Life 2: Update will be available as a free download on Steam. Its noteworthy features include enhanced textures, improved lighting and effects, a ton of bug fixes, and more.

All of these additions put together contribute towards giving players the best Half Life 2 experience yet. Half Life 2: Update has been in development since 2009. It has been available for download for years now, but a release supported by Valve on Steam will enable it to gain a much larger traction.

Download Half Life 2: Update from Steam for free. You can watch the Half Life 2: Update introduction trailer, and the comparison trailer down below.

edit

people who want a very different HL2 experience needs to take a look at the cinematic mod

http://cinematicmod.com/

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

GabeN. We want the THIRD NOT AN UPDATE FFS.

But this is fan-made...

“The mind of the bigot is like the pupil of the eye; the more light you pour upon it the more it will contract” -Oliver Wendell Holmes “If it can be destroyed by the truth, it deserves to be destroyed by the truth.” -Carl Sagan

time to play through hl2 again :3

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

But this is fan-made...

I know. BUT WE WANT THE THIRD SON. GabeN. Pay those workers and make the friggin game instead of wasting money on chips and shit, you FatN.

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

time to play through hl2 again :3

I still need to play the first one.

*hides*

This actually looks really compelling. I never finished Half Life 2 because when I bought it it was already waayyy out of date (just after BF3 came out) and it just looked too bad for me to really enjoy it. With this mod I think i'll give it another go

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

Main rig:

i7-4790 - 24GB RAM - GTX 970 - Samsung 840 240GB Evo - 2x 2TB Seagate. - 4 monitors - G710+ - G600 - Zalman Z9U3

Other devices

Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone

Surface Pro 3 - i7 - 256Gb

Surface RT

Server:

SuperMicro something - Xeon e3 1220 V2 - 12GB RAM - 16TB of Seagates 

I know. BUT WE WANT THE THIRD SON. GabeN. Pay those workers and make the friggin game instead of wasting money on chips and shit, you FatN.

The hype is so huge even after almost 11 years that they are probably very scared of releasing a sequel, and if they are working on it, they'll take their sweet time. They will have an immense focus on the online aspect, maybe it'll even be an online only experience.

“The mind of the bigot is like the pupil of the eye; the more light you pour upon it the more it will contract” -Oliver Wendell Holmes “If it can be destroyed by the truth, it deserves to be destroyed by the truth.” -Carl Sagan

I was thinking of downloading this. Then I saw the Ravenholm comparisons and remembered about that level... I don't like that level.

The hype is so huge even after almost 11 years that they are probably very scared of releasing a sequel, and if they are working on it, they'll take their sweet time. They will have an immense focus on the online aspect, maybe it'll even be an online only experience.

Oh yes please!

But still, GabeN, you don't need to be scared of the Illuminati.

*∆∆∆ expoct us*

It's a shame that they haven't upgraded textures and models :( The visual style is almost the same. The bug fixes is probably the only big change

EVGA SR-2 / 2x Intel Xeon X5675 4.4Ghz OC / 24GB EEC 1800Mhz OC/ AMD RX570 / Enermax Evoliution 1050W / Main RAID 0: 2x256GB 840EVO SSD / BackUp(1) Raid 5: 3x2TB WD HDD / BackUp(2) 8x2TB / Dell U2412M / Dell U2312HM

I still need to play the first one.

*hides*

GET OFF THE FORUM

AND GO PLAY HL1 , dont forget the expansions such as Blue Shift and Opposing Force

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

well at least we get source 2 and l4d3

Left 4 Dead 3? Sayyy whaaaaaaaaaaat?

What is the update, what does it do?

If only OP had included such information in their original post. :P

Some bugfixes but mainly graphical enhancements.

GET OFF THE FORUM

AND GO PLAY HL1 , dont forget the expansions such as Blue Shift and Opposing Force

Not at home ATM and on my phone :(

I have all the expansions though. Steam sales + Valve complete pack = RIP wallet.

This actually looks really compelling. I never finished Half Life 2 because when I bought it it was already waayyy out of date (just after BF3 came out) and it just looked too bad for me to really enjoy it. With this mod I think i'll give it another go

this is just a spit and shine mods for people who loved the original

but reading ur post i think what u want is the fakefactory's cinematic mod instead

http://cinematicmod.com/

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

GET OFF THE FORUM

Is the original better than the Source version?

Not at home ATM and on my phone :(

I have all the expansions though. Steam sales + Valve complete pack = RIP wallet.

no excuses

Is the original better than the Source version?

never played the source version, I LOVE the original though :3

If only OP had included such information in their original post. :P

Some bugfixes but mainly graphical enhancements.

i did

. Its noteworthy features include enhanced textures, improved lighting and effects, a ton of bug fixes, and more.

i did

I know. I was poking fun since they never bothered to read your post then asked what it was all about.

Wonder how many people are gonna go play HL2 again now... :P

I will be. ;)

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

Woodland Raven: Ryzen 2700X // AMD Wraith RGB // Asus Prime X570-P // G.Skill 2x 8GB 3600MHz DDR4 // Radeon RX Vega 56 // Crucial P1 NVMe 1TB M.2 SSD // Deepcool DQ650-M // chassis build in progress // Windows 10 // Thrustmaster TMX + G27 pedals & shifter

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

FX-8350 // Deepcool Neptwin // MSI 970 Gaming // AData 2x 4GB 1600 DDR3 // 2x Gigabyte RX-570 4G's // Samsung 840 120GB SSD // Cooler Master V650 // Windows 10

HTPC:

Spoiler

SNES PC (HTPC): i3-4150 @3.5 // Gigabyte GA-H87N-Wifi // G.Skill 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 // Asus Dual GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC // AData SP600 128GB SSD // Pico 160XT PSU // Custom SNES Enclosure // 55" LG LED 1080p TV  // Logitech wireless touchpad-keyboard // Windows 10 // Build Log

Laptops:

Spoiler

MY DAILY: Lenovo ThinkPad T410 // 14" 1440x900 // i5-540M 2.5GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD iGPU + Quadro NVS 3100M 512MB dGPU // 2x4GB DDR3L 1066 // Mushkin Triactor 480GB SSD // Windows 10

WIFE'S: Dell Latitude E5450 // 14" 1366x768 // i5-5300U 2.3GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD5500 // 2x4GB RAM DDR3L 1600 // 500GB 7200 HDD // Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon

EXPERIMENTAL: Pinebook // 11.6" 1080p // Manjaro KDE (ARM)

NAS:

Spoiler

Home NAS: Pentium G4400 @3.3 // Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 // 2x 4GB DDR4 2400 // Intel HD Graphics // Kingston A400 120GB SSD // 3x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 HDDs in RAID-Z // Cooler Master Silent Pro M 1000w PSU // Antec Performance Plus 1080AMG // FreeNAS OS

Cinimatic mod always felt to different for me. For more gentle mod will be much more enjoyable in my opinion if you liked the original game. I know what I'm going all weekend long :D

CPU: 3570K @ 4.3Ghz MOBO: ASUS P8z77-v Deluxe RAM: 2-4GB Gskill GPU: EVGA 670 FTW SSD: Vertex 4 256 Case: CM HAF 932