Thoughts on the asus strix 7.1

Firenyth

so im thinking of getting these http://www.asus.com/nz/Gaming/STRIX_71/ anythoughts or suggestions?

Processor:Intel i7 5930k,     Motherboard:Gigabyte X99-UD4,     RAM:32GB ddr4,     GPU:2x GTX 770 SC,     Case:Corsair 780t,     Storage:2TB hard drive, 120GB SSD, 1GB external hard drive,

Power supply:cooler master v750 semi-modular,     Monitors:2x Philips 23" 1920x1080,     Cooling:XSPC raystorm water cooled CPU, 6 coolermaster jetflo 120mm fans.

Have a look at the Kinston hyper x cloud 2 

IntelCorei54670k,Maximus VI Formula,Swift tech H220, 16gigs Corsair Dominator platinums, Asus DCUII GTX 780,1x256 840 evo, 1x 2TB Segate barracuda, Corsair AX 860, 

3 X Noctua NF-F12, 2x Noctua NF A-14, Ducky Shine 3 Blue Leds Blue switches, Razer Death Adder 2012, Corsair vengence 1400  

Wait for a review from website or Youtuber you trust

That the only thing I can you don't rush out there and buy something you might regret later on.

Almost all youtubers know nothing about audio. 

The Asus strix is terrible. Look somewhere else. 

Yeah, looks terrible and most likely sounds terrible too due to being 99% marketing gimmicks and 1% actual audio.

maybe i should mention that I want these because I want the "Real" 7.1 drivers and the only other one i know of is Razer Tiamat but i really dont like the look of that one.

Processor:Intel i7 5930k,     Motherboard:Gigabyte X99-UD4,     RAM:32GB ddr4,     GPU:2x GTX 770 SC,     Case:Corsair 780t,     Storage:2TB hard drive, 120GB SSD, 1GB external hard drive,

Power supply:cooler master v750 semi-modular,     Monitors:2x Philips 23" 1920x1080,     Cooling:XSPC raystorm water cooled CPU, 6 coolermaster jetflo 120mm fans.

maybe i should mention that I want these because I want the "Real" 7.1 drivers and the only other one i know of is Razer Tiamat but i really dont like the look of that one.

What difference would that make? There is no such thing as "real" 7.1 in headphones; it is ALL done with digital signal processing regardless of the number of drivers; "real 7.1" is simply another marketing gimmick.

7.1 Headphones?

"Real 7.1" is not really a thing worth wanting. You sacrifice all sound quality for unnoticeable improvement in surround experience. Just get good stereo headphones that are known for immersive soundstage and good imaging (translates to surround experience). Most games have built-in surround options for stereo headphones that work extremely well and if you need more software magic, you can get free Razer Surround software that adds 7.1 to any stereo headphones (of course the end results depend on the actual headphones).

Almost all youtubers know nothing about audio. 

The Asus strix is terrible. Look somewhere else. 

Almost not all.

Personally I don't like it to me it look ugly

Almost not all

That's what he said, although I'd make the case for all.

Almost not all.

Personally I don't like it to me it look ugly

By almost I mean there might be 1 youtuber that actually knows. Every single popular youtubers pretty much knows nothing. That includes hardwarecanucks and MKBHD.

By almost I mean there might be 1 youtuber that actually knows. Every single popular youtubers pretty much knows nothing. That includes hardwarecanucks and MKBHD.

1 There probably thousands or more there channel is probably not that big. Because I know there audio enthusiast out there.

Look for Zreviews on YouTube.

G3258 V 860k (Spoiler: G3258 wins)

Spoiler

i7-4790K | MSI R9 390x | Cryorig H5 | MSI Z97 Gaming 7 Motherboard | G.Skill Sniper 8gbx2 1600mhz DDR3 | Corsair 300R | WD Green 2TB 2.5" 5400RPM drive | <p>Corsair RM750 | Logitech G602 | Corsair K95 RGB | Logitech Z313

Look for Zreviews on YouTube.

Watched 2 of his videos and they're pretty bad. In one, he could catch his breath or something and he sounded really nasaly every fifth word or something so he's stupid annoying to listen to. In the other one he was marvelling at fancy cables which don't do anything so no thanks. 

Watched 2 of his videos and they're pretty bad. In one, he could catch his breath or something and he sounded really nasaly every fifth word or something so he's stupid annoying to listen to. In the other one he was marvelling at fancy cables which don't do anything so no thanks.

Really? You dislike him for his voice, and the fact he likes good looking cables? Its not like he actually thinks one cable is better than the other, he just likes looks. You should actually watch some of his videos.

Spoiler

i7-4790K | MSI R9 390x | Cryorig H5 | MSI Z97 Gaming 7 Motherboard | G.Skill Sniper 8gbx2 1600mhz DDR3 | Corsair 300R | WD Green 2TB 2.5" 5400RPM drive | <p>Corsair RM750 | Logitech G602 | Corsair K95 RGB | Logitech Z313

Really? You dislike him for his voice, and the fact he likes good looking cables? Its not like he actually thinks one cable is better than the other, he just likes looks. You should actually watch some of his videos.

He also can't describe sound for shit, I watched his E10k review video and it basically told me nothing of value other than the E10k amp sounds "off", although the DAC is "better" than the E10. Amazing evaluation.

I'm sorry but if he can't properly pronounce words, I'm not going to listen to his videos. I rather go find an article or something on it. 

He also can't describe sound for shit, I watched his E10k review video and it basically told me nothing of value other than the E10k amp sounds "off", although the DAC is "better" than the E10. Amazing evaluation.

He also does sound tests, which I adore. Helped me see the difference in mb42s vs mb42Xs. Has a very nice setup.

Spoiler

You can look at hifiguy528 he makes great videos also tyll from innerfidelity post a videos about his headphones reviews he also knows a lot about headphones.

You've got to be kidding me. I've been further even more decided to use even go need to do look more as anyone can. Can you really be far even as decided half as much to use go wish for that? My guess is that when one really been far even as decided once to use even go want, it is then that he has really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like. Has anyone really been far as decided to use even go want to do look more like? It's just common sense.

In Placebo We Trust - Resident Obnoxious Objective Fangirl (R.O.O.F) - Your Eyes Cannot Hear
Haswell Overclocking Guide | Skylake Overclocking GuideCan my amp power my headphones?