Downloaded Unreal Engine last night, where should I start?

teddyteddyteddy

I am taking a computer science class in school right now,and I've just done simple pascal, Java, and html stuff. I decided to download unreal engine and try it out. I haven't even opened it up or anything yet, but do you guys have any experience with it? And where should start and stuff

XEON E3 1231v3 | GA-Z97MX GAMING 5 | XFX R9 290 | 16GB RAM | CRUCIAL MX100 256GB | WD BLUE 1TB | EVGA SUPERNOVA 850W | CORSAIR 350D

So that thing is actually code? I tought it was a designing software.... Err with those languages i highly doubt (In coding) yull be able to come up with something worthy. At least if it was only the basic.

Groomlake Authority

this is where i'd start 

CPU: Intel Core i5 4690K @ 4.6Ghz CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 GPU: GTX 1070 TI RAM: Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB (4x4) Mobo: ASUS Z97-PRO(Wi-Fi ac) PSU: Corsair RM Series RM750 Case: Fractal Design Define R4 no window

If you've never used it, most of the placing, scripting is easy.

When you want to get into things and make them very in depth? That's when C++ comes in.

Know what everything is, such as lerps, sampling, vectoring, math functions, etc. Start with their intro.

The projects never end in my line of work.

CPU: Dual Xeon E5-2650v2 || GPU: Dual Quadro K5000 || Motherboard: Asus Z9PE-D8 || RAM: 64GB Corsair Vengeance || Monitors: Dual LG 34UM95, NEC MultiSync EA244UHD || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 Pro 256GB in Raid 0, 6x WD Re 4TB in Raid 1 || Sound: Xonar Essense STX (Mainly for Troubleshooting and listening test) || PSU: Corsair Ax1500i

CPU: Core i7 5820k @ 4.7GHz || GPU: Dual Titan X || Motherboard: Asus X99 Deluxe || RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix Sport || Monitors: MX299Q, 29UB65, LG 34UM95 || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 EVO 1 TB in Raid 0, Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, 2TB Toshiba scratch disk, 3TB Seagate Barracuda || PSU: EVGA 1000w PS Platinum

So that thing is actually code? I tought it was a designing software.... Err with those languages i highly doubt (In coding) yull be able to come up with something worthy. At least if it was only the basic.

From what i understood, it can be a little bit of both

XEON E3 1231v3 | GA-Z97MX GAMING 5 | XFX R9 290 | 16GB RAM | CRUCIAL MX100 256GB | WD BLUE 1TB | EVGA SUPERNOVA 850W | CORSAIR 350D

if you want, add me there (LukaP) and ill help you with it. I use it full time now, so dont be afraid to ask :)

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

this is where i'd start 

If you've never used it, most of the placing, scripting is easy.

When you want to get into things and make them very in depth? That's when C++ comes in.

Know what everything is, such as lerps, sampling, vectoring, math functions, etc. Start with their intro.

I'll check that out, thanks guys

if you want, add me there (LukaP) and ill help you with it. I use it full time now, so dont be afraid to ask :)

Okay I'll add you! thanks