Painting RAM module heat sink?

Is there a particular kind of paint suitable for painting a heat sink on a RAM module without causing it to retain heat?

i suggest high temp paint or plastidip (like Linus did it)

Spoiler

FX-8320e @4.3ghz, 8gb DDR3, gigabyte 970a-d3p rev2.0, 320gb hdd + 1tb hdd, r7 260x

I used car enamel spray paint (3 layers of it in fact). I doubt the paint would retain much heat anyways. As long as the paint can survive high temperatures, you're probably good to go as long as you use thin layers. RAM doesn't really generate much excess heat, unless you are overclocking a lot. Personally, I wouldn't worry about it.

Atom14 [Corsair] i5-4690K | Corsair H110i GT | MSI Z97S SLI Krait | 16 GB Team Group DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB X2 | EVGA SuperNOVA 850W 80+ Gold | Corsair K95 RGB | Corsair M65 RGB | EVGA ACX 2.0 GTX 980Ti

Corsair KXX RGB Keyboard Cover Mod Make your own using my templates!

Is there a particular kind of paint suitable for painting a heat sink on a RAM module without causing it to retain heat?

Welcome to the Forums!

It won't really make a difference especially on RAM since it's such a low heat output, even if you wrapped it in a layer of electrical tape it wouldn't complain really. Paint wise any spray paint will work but be sure to remove the heatsinks before painting and mask off where the thermal pads make contact to ensure good heat transfer.

I have used Plastidip to paint my GPU so can definitely recommend it.

CPU - i7 8700K / Motherboard - ROG Strix Z370 E/ RAM - 32GB Cosair Vengeance DDR / GPU  - GTX 1080ti - EVGA FTW3 / PSU - Seasonic Snow Silent 750W / Cooling - Cryorig H7 Monitor - Acer X34 Predator / Sound - Corsair Void - Case - Meshify C

RAM DIMMs don't have heatsinks anymore. It's purely cosmetic. Most of them are even affixed with two-sided tape. They can get like 30-40 deg celsius, but I don't know a paint that melts at such a low temperature.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

Any kind of paint will do - RAM doesn't get at all hot anymore unless you are a serious overclocker. 

Thanks all for your input I got my gskill ripjaw a 4 ram black. For some reason I can't find the white color anywhere even though I saw some advertisements showing white as an option. my mobo arrives tomorrow I'm going to see how it looks with black I'm going for a white and black theme build with the corsair 760t and the asus x99-pro. So it may be fine as is. In any case I appreciate all the great information. :)

Also please remove the heatsink before painting it... You wouldn't believe how I've see some people paint computer parts.

Thanks all for your input I got my gskill ripjaw a 4 ram black. For some reason I can't find the white color anywhere even though I saw some advertisements showing white as an option. my mobo arrives tomorrow I'm going to see how it looks with black I'm going for a white and black theme build with the corsair 760t and the asus x99-pro. So it may be fine as is. In any case I appreciate all the great information. :)

Here is my X99 deluxe with Cosair Vengeance in black. Hopefully will give you an idea of what yours might look like.

post-130253-0-16642300-1427378614.jpg

CPU - i7 8700K / Motherboard - ROG Strix Z370 E/ RAM - 32GB Cosair Vengeance DDR / GPU  - GTX 1080ti - EVGA FTW3 / PSU - Seasonic Snow Silent 750W / Cooling - Cryorig H7 Monitor - Acer X34 Predator / Sound - Corsair Void - Case - Meshify C

post pics of what you decide and how it looks at the end. Please.

As everyone else has said, if the paint can survive high temps you're fine. I took the heat spreaders off mine (they were red and didn't match my blue black and white themed build), and i love the black PCB. 

As everyone else has said, if the paint can survive high temps you're fine. I took the heat spreaders off mine (they were red and didn't match my blue black and white themed build), and i love the black PCB.

Any pics?