Using Vessel on mobile guide

So with the recent launch of Vessel I was fairly determined to find a way to watch on my phone as that's how I watch most of my videos and after a bit of playing around I was able to get it working.

It definitely doesn't feel polished when using on mobile and while watching the controls are only somewhat responsive but it does work.

Spoilers used to hide images, incognito mode was used as I had already set my phone up and is not required.

1. Go to Vessel.com/login

gZdttTi.png?1

2. In chrome go to quick settings and select "Request desktop site", your browser will refresh then you can login and start browsing

Q6xLsqr.png?1

3. Browse to a video you want to watch, don't worry that it won't start playing immediately.

LdAe8Jm.png?1

4. In chrome go back to quick settings and deselect "Request desktop site", your browser will refresh again and you'll see a play button in the middle of the video.

M8DTkML.png?1

5. Hit play, it may take a few seconds to load but then you can go full screen.

EA7Vpr3.png?1

CPU: i7 5820K 4.0GHz @1.15V | MOBO: Asus X99 Sabertooth | GPU: Gigabyte Windforce GTX 980Ti, LTT Orange | CASE: NZXT H440 Black 2015 | COOLER: Noctua NH-D15S w/ LTT Fans | RAM: 32GB Patriot 3000MHz | STORAGE: 512GB Samsung 950 Pro, 960GB Sandisk Ultra II 3 x 8TB Seagate HDD's | PSU: 750W Seasonic X series, black / orange cablemod cables| Monitors: 3x Asus VX24AH's | AUDIO OUT: Microlab SOLO 8C, Sennheiser HD 650's, Audio engine D1 Amp / DAC | AUDIO IN: Blue Snowball | Keyboard: CM Storm QuickFire TK MX Green | Mouse: Logitech G900 Proteus Spectrum + RSI Extended Mouse Pad | PCPP Linkhttp://nz.pcpartpicker.com/list/hPjFd6

Awesome, thanks!

Are you new? Please read CoC  Before posting! PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR US DARK THEME USERS (Only for dark shades)If you can read this, it means you need to change to NIGHT THEME (bottom left above LMG logo) Please follow your threads and Quote people when replying to them. Mark your problem as solved if answered. Don't spam, nobody likes a spammer. DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES! BE NICE!

Does anyone actually know the ETA on the android app? 

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

Nick has asked them but hasn't received a solid answer.

Awesome, thanks!

No worries.

CPU: i7 5820K 4.0GHz @1.15V | MOBO: Asus X99 Sabertooth | GPU: Gigabyte Windforce GTX 980Ti, LTT Orange | CASE: NZXT H440 Black 2015 | COOLER: Noctua NH-D15S w/ LTT Fans | RAM: 32GB Patriot 3000MHz | STORAGE: 512GB Samsung 950 Pro, 960GB Sandisk Ultra II 3 x 8TB Seagate HDD's | PSU: 750W Seasonic X series, black / orange cablemod cables| Monitors: 3x Asus VX24AH's | AUDIO OUT: Microlab SOLO 8C, Sennheiser HD 650's, Audio engine D1 Amp / DAC | AUDIO IN: Blue Snowball | Keyboard: CM Storm QuickFire TK MX Green | Mouse: Logitech G900 Proteus Spectrum + RSI Extended Mouse Pad | PCPP Linkhttp://nz.pcpartpicker.com/list/hPjFd6

I stole this and added a link here on my other post, I'm sure you don't mind

I am good at computer

Spoiler

Motherboard: Gigabyte G1 sniper 3 | CPU: Intel 3770k @5.1Ghz | RAM: 32Gb G.Skill Ripjaws X @1600Mhz | Graphics card: EVGA 980 Ti SC | HDD: Seagate barracuda 3298534883327.74B + Samsung OEM 5400rpm drive + Seatgate barracude 2TB | PSU: Cougar CMX 1200w | CPU cooler: Custom loop

I am using the ios app and it sucks it doesn't have full screen (it does techincally go as big on my screen that it can be but I would like it without the more from/related/details and other buttons there) and if you click the zoom out button and zoom in button the video is flipped upside down and if you do it again it doesn't go back to normal and when I open the page called my feed its filled with stuff that shouldn't be there and it takes half a minute to find the linus tech tips page (I first have to open a LTT video and then click more from)

If the interet is slow it reduces the audio quality as well as video quality and it seems to be going from 720p to 240p instead of 480p that would be fine with my interet speed

And that's only from 1 day of using it I will most certainly find more problems with it

No clue but I am building something as a solution for me (well I hope it works) and if I feel it works enough I'll release the apk but obviously it is not an official app

**Edit** currently have something that works but will be fixing the us, as on nothing more than 200 ppi it is impossible to use. Guess that is what I get for building the back end first and letting it auto do the UI. The hard part begins

You are my hero. If it wasn't for you I would be stuck watching videos on my dad's craps laptop, while mine is being repaired. That would have been fine if the audio and video were not out of sync. Thanks again! :)

well i guess this is why i own an iPhone

3 tips to have a good time on the LTT forums | 1. When you reply to someone please quote them | 2. Please follow your threads | 3. Follow the C.o.C 

If you follow these 3 tips you should have a blast.

i'm rather proud of this for some reason. http://imgur.com/6ttS5XZ

This is ridiculous.. shouldn't be this difficult.

@TechBenchTV

Ex-NCIX Tech Tips Producer.  Linus hates my scripts. 

Doesn't work?

Play button shows but when I press it it sits on the spinning circle forever.

Nexus 7 2013 on Lollipop using Chrome.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

Doesn't work?

Play button shows but when I press it it sits on the spinning circle forever.

Nexus 7 2013 on Lollipop using Chrome.

That's odd, I've only got a 4.4.4 M8 device to test it on and it still works fine.

If that is too much hassle for you I recommend giving Puffin a try.

It seems to work without any of the "request desktop site" hassle.

There is also a Free Version. Hope it works!

You can just download the app....

If you're on IOS then you can.

There isn't an Android app and I would imagine most of the forum uses Android