Using sum and average in loop c#

sil130
Need help on how can i get the sum of the encoded entries. The instuctions is enter any number between 0-100. And it will stop if the user enters -1.

When I try to get the sum, it includes the -1. Example, 300,300,300,-1. The sum should be 900, but it shows 899 because it includes -1. How can i remove numbers that arent between 0 and 100 on the computation? And i also need to get the average of the numbers without -1 and other numbers exceeding 100. This is the code ive come up with. Sorry for bad english :)

using System;

using System.Collections.Generic;

using System.Linq;

using System.Text;

namespace SumAverageProject

{

class Program

{

static void Main(string[] args)

{

float nSum = 0, average = 0;

int nNum = 0;

int nCounter = 0;

double nLength = 0;

while (nNum != -1)

{

Console.Write("Type a number :");

nNum = Convert.ToInt16(Console.ReadLine());

if (nNum <= 100)

nSum += nNum;

nCounter++;

}

Console.WriteLine("You typed " + nCounter + "  numbers");

{

{

Console.WriteLine("The sum is : {0}", +nSum);

}

Console.WriteLine("The average is: {0}", nSum / nLength);

Console.ReadKey();

}

}

}

Need help on how can i get the sum of the encoded entries. The instuctions is enter any number between 0-100. And it will stop if the user enters -1.
When I try to get the sum, it includes the -1. Example, 300,300,300,-1. The sum should be 900, but it shows 899 because it includes -1. How can i remove numbers that arent between 0 and 100 on the computation? And i also need to get the average of the numbers without -1 and other numbers exceeding 100. This is the code ive come up with. Sorry for bad english :)

using System;using System.Collections.Generic;using System.Linq;using System.Text; namespace SumAverageProject{    class Program    {        static void Main(string[] args)        {            float nSum = 0, average = 0;            int nNum = 0;            int nCounter = 0;            double nLength = 0;            while (nNum != -1)            {                Console.Write("Type a number :");                nNum = Convert.ToInt16(Console.ReadLine());                 if (nNum <= 100)                    nSum += nNum;                nCounter++;            }            Console.WriteLine("You typed " + nCounter + "  numbers");            {                            {                 Console.WriteLine("The sum is : {0}", +nSum);             }            Console.WriteLine("The average is: {0}", nSum / nLength);              Console.ReadKey();        }     }}
Try replacing your

nNum = Convert.ToInt16(Console.ReadLine());
with
nNum = int.Parse(Console.ReadLine());

Also, you will want to test the user's input BEFORE applying the sum.
For example:

while (int.Parse(Console.ReadLine() != -1){//Code goes here}

EDIT: Also, please use code tags, using the blue button in the editor that looks like this <> or [ CODE][ /CODE]. And don't forget to follow your topics @sil130