Vintage Reborn

Owndblood
Go to solution Solved by Stefan1024,

- snip - 

Using a speaker grill is a good idea. It will restrict your airflow a bit, but as long as you don't overclock it's ok.

Go on, it looks awesome!

NICE, wow I love the pictures!

Thanks!

Using a speaker grill is a good idea. It will restrict your airflow a bit, but as long as you don't overclock it's ok.

Go on, it looks awesome!

Yeah, but won't be having any super high end CPU and I will for sure have an "overkill" cooler for the CPU so I think it'll be fine :)

10365834.gif

Srsly doe! I follow plz update moar plz

Sorry for not updating! have been so busy with school but a new update will be out by the end of this week <3

Looking good :)

Thanks!

Directly I'll start with saying I'm terribly sorry for not updating the build logs for almost a month. I've been having it really rough in school and life overall, so I haven't been able to put any time aside to working on the radio, but it's not all bad, I went to the second biggest LAN in Sweden called Birdie and showcased my Project Chernobyl in a modding event!

But I've manage to get some things done, all the custom aluminium brackets that acts as cover plates have been fastened as well as all the cables for the computer.

I had to solder the copper cables for the speakers to make them stick to the speaker as they didn't quite fit the speakers cable holes.

All the audio equipment has been tested and is working like a charm, thought I think the sound will gain a lot more depth after I've put the whole radio back together to create some resonance.

What's up next is fastening the motherboard plate, fastening the fan grills to the CPU cooler, fastening the amplifier and doing some cable management with the cable clips!

Here are some quick pictures.

bL3yx5V.jpg

NTFN88E.jpg

My sweet P-clips box that I will be using to fasten all the cables.

OpnR7yh.jpg

As you can see both the custom plates and cables are fastened down.

TpqR8rb.jpg

At last some pictures of the cables.

oECRNZm.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Hello there! there hasn't been a lot of updates recently but now as I'm free from school for a few months I'm getting back to work again. This will just be a text update as I will be posting a bigger update next week and I don't feel that it's necessary to post pictures on the minor changes that has happened. But I can tell you components will start rolling in over the coming weeks so we can finish this project!

I've also purchased a new objective for my camera, it's a 50/1.8 Nikon objective so you might notice a bit of a change in the photographs that will be posted. 

• 3 weeks later...
Update time!
Been a while since the last update, I had some problems with the shipping company so my computer parts were slightly delayed, That's why the update is a bit late, but the parts are here now!
I've got a lot of things coming for the next update, here's a short list:
Fastening the motherboard tray
Mounting the amplifier
Fix up the cable management
Mounting the PSU
Fastening the HDD ans SSD
Fastening the panels

Now for the new parts that came in!
MSI Z97i AC
1TB WD Green
Samsung EVO 850 120GB

CPU and RAM will be purchased within a few weeks.
Onwards to the pictures!

7QTAPTw.jpg
5ZbSzPW.jpg
RAL4sn2.jpg
oixnLSq.jpg
u63vgen.jpg

The next update should be out within 1-2 weeks, we're on the final strectch! stay tuned.

Good news! BeQuiet decided to step in with a brand new Dark Rock Pro 3 cooler as the one I had was quite beat up, had no fans and no mounting hardware at all.

logo.jpg

The update came earlier than expected! I got a lot of work done during the past days so I decided to push out the update for you guys! I'm really excited because the build is actually starting to look like a computer, Sorry in advance for the photobombing that is coming but I really wanted to show all the aspects of the build as I think I haven't really showed you guys the whole build yet.

XlCtOKR.jpg

pEEWC5I.jpg

tLBqTQz.jpg

The new Z97i AC motherboard suits the build perfectly!

MRPGjYK.jpg

JwaaW8K.jpg

The little Lepai amp up in the top for easy access.

R5yN86C.jpg

lTA0aIn.jpg

9nodA1l.jpg

4mA1Nw4.jpg

xD8nirB.jpg

XJ9Fs5P.jpg

H7eMpdJ.jpg

KLSMkxz.jpg

4jCcV8X.jpg

PqtT3ZO.jpg

vrzRnbf.jpg

So for a summary I can say that the build is coming very close to the finish line, most of the vital parts are mounted and most of the to-do list is checked off.

There's only a few things left to do,

soddering a custom PSU cable for the AMP and PSU

Mounting the PSU

Purchasing CPU and RAM

and polish up the panels a bit so it looks fresh ;)

See you next update!

• 3 weeks later...

It has been incredibly fun to work with this project and I have really appreciated all the feedback, good or bad. A lot of things happened the past days that I unfortunately didn't have time to document, loads of custom cables have been made, some aluminium mounting brackets and the radio has been refurbished, I gave the inside of the radio a new splash of black paint to replace the old, chipped and poorly applied paint that was already on it, I also took the time to clean out all the instruments, at last I polished up all of the wooden panels on the radio to give it a more refreshing look, and I think it turned out great!

A big thanks to everything that has followed this project the past months, I would also like to thank my amazing sponsors.

bLWPcWU.png

aRI3sAq.png

onwards to the pictures!

X3R1sas.jpg

EGGEKLv.jpg

gujuvp3.jpg

mXHSJXy.jpg

gB5u63B.jpg

9Gk6eyg.jpg

WPkshJe.jpg

qqbFjJz.jpg

rRy1YP6.jpg

8jVReC4.jpg

VS5dHL7.jpg

cCWRiDA.jpg

nHHiFhX.jpg

8lPmYPq.jpg

Gg0c3Sf.jpg

I saw it in my notifications and wow I'm glad I remembered to follow this a while back :D

A shadowy flight into the dangerous world of a man who does not exist.

Core 4 Quad Not Extreme, only available on LGA 557 at your local Circuit City

Just missing a GPU :P.

Mid-range Emulation Gaming and Video Rendering PC

[CPU] i7 4790k 4.7GHz & 1.233v Delidded w/ CLU & vice method [Cooling] Corsair H100i [Mobo] Asus Z97-A [GPU] MSI GTX 1070 SeaHawk X[RAM] G.Skill TridentX 2400 9-11-11-30 CR1 [PSU] Corsair 750M 

Awesome.

Area 51 2014. Intel 5820k@ 4.4ghz. MSI X99.16gb Quad channel ram. AMD Fury X.Asus RAIDR.OCZ ARC 480gb SSD. Velociraptor 600gb. 2tb WD.

• 3 months later...
Hello everybody! It's been a while, I went ahead and did a few more modifications to the system to prepare for the Dreamhack Casemod championship that I took part in, and I felt that I should update you with some new pics showing off the new modifications!

Best regards,

August Lindgren

GjRP4Ha.jpg

tTJqDji.jpg

s04cfmT.jpg

EwD3bEZ.jpg

HHUWU44.jpg

O78AXGi.jpg

TCFuULh.jpg

Om4rQzm.jpg

ZmoAOTV.jpg

Ummmm WOW! and also good luck! I loved this build so much and those pictures make it all the better :P

A shadowy flight into the dangerous world of a man who does not exist.

Core 4 Quad Not Extreme, only available on LGA 557 at your local Circuit City

That is really really cool

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Very nice build!  Looking forward to your next creation!