Free Blu-Ray Program Win 7?

MahtXL

VLC sadly refuses to play them, ive googled and theres a sketchy not legit method to get some sort of hacked support. NO THANKS. Got this fancy blu ray drive in my pc and windows doesnt come with something to play them? What a joke. Need a free program to watch blu rays, im aware of power dvd, its not free, and im not paying to use something ive already purchased.

CPU: i7 6700k @4.5GHZ | Mobo: MSI Z170 Gaming M5 | RAM: G Skill Rip Jaws V- 16GB | GPU: Sapphire RX 5700 XT | Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM, Seagate Barracuda 500GB 7200RPM, Kingston SSD-now 100V+ 128GB, WD Black 600GB, WD Blue 500GB, Intel 600p 256GB nvme SSD |PSU:Corsair CX750M| Cooling: Corsair H60| Displays: 27" LG IPS277L, Samsung Curved 72hz Freesync 27 inch, Epson EX7220 Projector with 100 inch 16:10 Screen | Kb: Corsair Vengeance K70 | Mouse: R.A.T. 4 |  Case:  NZXT Phantom 410 (Red) | OS: Win 10 Home 64 Bit

VLC sadly refuses to play them, ive googled and theres a sketchy not legit method to get some sort of hacked support. NO THANKS. Got this fancy blu ray drive in my pc and windows doesnt come with something to play them? What a joke. Need a free program to watch blu rays, im aware of power dvd, its not free, and im not paying to use something ive already purchased.

Suck it up princess. (That was meant to be sarcastic, sorry if it seemed rude)

BluRay is proprietary and Microsoft doesn't have a license. Most BluRay drives have a copy of PowerDVD or similar included. 

At least you can pay and get it. You're really screwed if you're on Linux.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Personally, I would normally highly recommend:

Arcsoft TotalMedia Theatre

However, it seems that Arcsoft has discontinued the package.

If you can find a boxed copy online (Amazon or something), I highly recommend picking it up. It's basically the best Blu-Ray playback software in existence.

Now, with that in mind. Let me introduce you to MakeMKV:

http://www.makemkv.com/

This program allows you to rip a Blu-Ray, uncompressed, into an MKV file. The whole process takes about 10-20 minutes per movie (largely dependent on the speed of your particular Blu-Ray drive). The program strips the encryption out of the file as well, so you won't have any issues there. Warning: Most Blu-Ray movies are between 8-25GB in size - it varies per movie. If that takes up too much HDD space, then I recommend compressing them using Handbrake, with a RF (Constant Quality) setting of 18 or 20.

The program does NOT remove Cinevia protection though, as that is extremely difficult (nigh impossible without quality loss) to remove. However, as long as you play it using a program that doesn't support Cinevia, then you're totally fine.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)