Wet Laptop Recovery AGAIN Dell XPS 13

So since he said he was supposed to send it back, what would've happened had it not been recoverable? 

Also, I wonder if Dell will want that laptop back now.

Only 10 accidents since 2014.

With velociraptors?

It really does suck. They need to work on their waterproofing. Did you have any luck claiming warranty?

Nope had to pay! Those bastards said that I let the flaps open so it's my fault that the water entered! The flaps were closed! #sonysucks

So since he said he was supposed to send it back, what would've happened had it not been recoverable? 

Also, I wonder if Dell will want that laptop back now.

Dell probably would have sent over an invoice LOL

XPS 13: More waterproof than Xperia Z2. (My Z2 has been water damaged twice now. Once with the flaps NEVER opening. God dammit, Sony.)

well compared to the new z's the only good one was the origional xperia z I know cause i go swimming with it had it since launch day :D

Can this be a thing now? Can you just take super expensive hardware and make the companies s**t themselves because you got it wet or other terrible things.

Considering that you had to return the laptop this seems pretty bold.

what was the battery life after 24hours of rain?

I am honestly surprised it survived with the water bubbles in the battery. If I get a laptop I'll make sure it's Dell.

CPU: Intel 5930K - GPU: EVGA Nvidia GTX 980Ti SSCMotherboard: Asus X-99 PRO/USB 3.1 - RAM: 32GB HyperX Savage @ 2800mhz CL14  Case: Phtanteks Eclipse P400 Tempered Glass - Cooling: Corsair H100i V2 / Fractal Design Venturi Fans Storage: PNY XLR8 120 GB SSD (OS) + Seagate 2TB HDD (Games)

This should become a standard benchmark/test for all laptops LTT review in the future...

Current System - Intel Core i7-3770k @ 4.5GHz - 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1600 - Corsair H110i GT - 2x EVGA GTX 970 FTW+ in SLI - XFX Pro Series Black Edition 1250W - Samsung 840 EVO 128GB Boot SSD - WD Green 2TB Mass Storage HDD - Fractal Design Define S Windowed Edition with Green LED Lighting provided by 2 Bitfenix Spectre PRO 140mm fans, and 2 Corsair SP140 Green LED fans - Samsung U28D590D 4K Main Monitor with BenQ GW2265 1080p Side Monitor

I am honestly surprised it survived with the water bubbles in the battery. If I get a laptop I'll make sure it's Dell.

I've had a few Dell laptops, and they're sturdy as hell. My Latitude D620 lasted 9 years of undergrad/grad school/work(still going actually), but I finally replaced it with a Precision M4800 this year. I've fallen (badly) while biking with that Latitude in my bag, had many food/liquid spills, very rough handling....surviving that made it easy to buy the Latitude's successor-of-sorts.

so til dell laptops don't suck as much as dell prebuild pc's

I'd love to see Luke leave Linus' new Blade out in the rain for a test when he gets back from Asia, hopefully without getting fired.

Could make a good LTT video for a rain proof comparison and possibly a CSF video with his reactions.

No way they would do that to the Blade without Razer's permission. Would be really cool to see though especially if Linus was left in the dark about it, although seeing as it is being discussed on the forum he might be half prepared for it.

@nicklmg

Any chance of this happening?

Spoiler

4790k @ 4.5Ghz 1.180v NZXT Kraken X31 | MSI Z97 Krait | Kingston Hyper X Fury 32GB 1866Mhz, 2 DIMMs white and 2 black | GTX 980 Ti - G1 Gaming | GTX 680 - Reference | SilverStone ST75F-P | Phanteks Enthoo Pro

No way they would do that to the Blade without Razer's permission. Would be really cool to see though especially if Linus was left in the dark about it, although seeing as it is being discussed on the forum he might be half prepared for it.

nicklmg

Any chance of this happening?

To be fair they did this one without dell knowing.

CPU: i7 5820K 4.0GHz @1.15V | MOBO: Asus X99 Sabertooth | GPU: Gigabyte Windforce GTX 980Ti, LTT Orange | CASE: NZXT H440 Black 2015 | COOLER: Noctua NH-D15S w/ LTT Fans | RAM: 32GB Patriot 3000MHz | STORAGE: 512GB Samsung 950 Pro, 960GB Sandisk Ultra II 3 x 8TB Seagate HDD's | PSU: 750W Seasonic X series, black / orange cablemod cables| Monitors: 3x Asus VX24AH's | AUDIO OUT: Microlab SOLO 8C, Sennheiser HD 650's, Audio engine D1 Amp / DAC | AUDIO IN: Blue Snowball | Keyboard: CM Storm QuickFire TK MX Green | Mouse: Logitech G900 Proteus Spectrum + RSI Extended Mouse Pad | PCPP Linkhttp://nz.pcpartpicker.com/list/hPjFd6

I'd love to see Luke leave Linus' new Blade out in the rain for a test when he gets back from Asia, hopefully without getting fired.

Could make a good LTT video for a rain proof comparison and possibly a CSF video with his reactions.

The Blade is safely here with me.

Wow. Can not say I expected that.

Gaming PCs:
Intel i7 4790k, EVGA GTX 980ti, NZXT H440
Intel i5 7600k, Asus GTX 970 DC Mini, Silverstone SG13B
HTPC: AMD Phenom II X6 1045t, EVGA GTX 770 FTW, Fractal Node 604

Haha, "LOL there's no link there."

The little editing quirks like that in LMG videos are the best.

The Blade is safely here with me.

Heh heh... safely...

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Quisque euismod suscipit est, non placerat turpis vestibulum sed. Phasellus et faucibus odio. Donec a nisi at purus porttitor ullamcorper auctor a nibh. Integer id neque a nisi laoreet ultrices id ac augue. Nulla facilisi. Nullam purus elit, dictum quis euismod vitae, mollis non dui. Morbi vehicula neque eu mattis bibendum. Curabitur sed odio tortor. Sed euismod mi in diam volutpat, vitae convallis ipsum mattis. Praesent eleifend faucibus pulvinar. Interdum et malesuada fames ac ante ipsum primis in faucibus. Vestibulum velit nunc, fermentum a libero a, venenatis tempus lectus.