First build

well I'll ignore everything @stconquest said cause it seems like a lot of misinformation (not against you but I don't think amd is better than intel and I don't think ssd should be ignore I'll just try to do my analysis of the build) 

@stconquest how about this build ?

https://youtu.be/vbDiSMQ_L_k

@stconquest can you tell me the flaws of my first build? http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Rkbh8d

so my small analysis:

cpu: I don't think apu is the way to go for this price a cpu and a separated gpu will do better

cooler: good choice 212 evo ftw

motherboard: well this is linked to the cpu so I'll not comment that much on it just be sure to take something with enough extention port and don't cheap out to much on the motherboard as it is always nice to have a good motherboard (because it hold much more time and is more flexible for the upgrade you'll do)

ram: as said ram lis ram just take the cheapest 2x4 gb that you can find ^^

ssd: well I'm boycotting kingston so I cannot be impartial on this one but I would suggest the sandisk one just because it's 5 more $ and that I have one that is starting is third year of life now

hdd: the cheapest 1tb with good review seems like the way to go so if it's this one it's perfect just be sure to buy it from a retailer that know how to ship hdd

gpu: I admit that I don't know shit in this domain I mostly know that r9 290 and the gtx 970 is the way to go if you can squeeze a little more budget to get one of those well, do it

case: as said case is personal preference so as long as you have front io that you like it's all good

psu: never cheap out on this one if you can pull out 20$ for it do it. you'll don't want to change it because of cable management so it's important to take something that'll survive for a long time ^^

cd reader: this is really personnal preference so you can keep it like that

os: buy one on ebay it's like 5-8 bucks (and it's legal)

wireless network adaptater: if you plan to use wifi don't cheap out on this one take the one that have the more best review for this one it'll be fine but if you can take a cable tho as it is much better

case fan : most likely you'll not need any case fan just take the one that come preinstalled it'll be fine.

edit: and for the video I did not look at it but it's kinda old (yes 3 month is old in the tech world)

well I'll ignore everything @stconquest said cause it seems like a lot of misinformation (not against you but I don't think amd is better than intel and I don't think ssd should be ignore I'll just try to do my analysis of the build) 

Are you serious?  Have you been living under a rock for the past five years?

The 4130 will beat the FX 8350 in almost every game.  Why do you think that is... magic?

Get your head out of your ass, there was no misinformation in my post.

http://www.hardcoreware.net/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/assassins-creed-iv-fps3.png

crysis-3-fps2.png

assassins-creed-iv-fps3.png

The SSD can be left out, OR the HDD can be left out (if you do not need the storage).  I run a 240 GB SSD, and no storage drives.  Some people need to hoard data.  I have old drives that I can hook up for that if needed.  You do not get much of a gaming improvement from the SSD.

Where did I say he should ignore SSDs?  I recommended he pick one or the other in order to direct more money at critical parts (CPU and GPU).

Are you serious?  Have you been living under a rock for the past five years?

The 4130 will beat the FX 8350 in almost every game.  Why do you think that is... magic?

Get your head out of your ass, there was no misinformation in my post.

http://www.hardcoreware.net/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/assassins-creed-iv-fps3.png

wow calm yourself man I said it's seems that it is misinformation cause their was no link/proof involved and that I wanted to give a personnal opinion without an other opinion to influence my judgment. I've never tried to insult you and I said it in my post please stay calm on the forum we are there to discuss not to kill each other

Where did I say he should ignore SSDs?  I recommended he pick one or the other in order to direct more money at critical parts (CPU and GPU).

again don't take my post so literally I was in french class and I didn't had any power left so I rushed a little my reading of your post I'm sorry for not saying it in my post

wow calm yourself man I said it's seems that it is misinformation cause their was no link/proof involved and that I wanted to give a personnal opinion without an other opinion to influence my judgment. I've never tried to insult you and I said it in my post please stay calm on the forum we are there to discuss not to kill each other

again don't take my post so literally I was in french class and I didn't had any power left so I rushed a little my reading of your post I'm sorry for not saying it in my post

I don't know why you would post like that at all.  If you really have something to add that will help Jason with his $800 build, then do so.  There was no need to tag me to say that I was misinforming him.  I was giving him good information and contributing to his endevour by giving examples of very functional gaming rigs.

He is perfectly capable of asking any questions about the reasons I recommend whatever I post as he likes, and I am most willing to answer any of his questions.

So all I can see from your post is that any work I put in towards helping him out is attacked, and quite wronglfully so at that.  The only saboteur here is you.  If you really had a desire to help, you would have put together something tangible for him to work with:  perhaps a complete $800 build... wow, that would be smart.

Instead, you attack a member's credibilty without citing any proof.  You proceed to vomit a bunch of random pieces of advice without any real direction to what the buyer can do with $800.  A lot of your advice had alreayd been covered in this thread.  There was a whole argument over whether or not an H97 mobo would be better than an H81.  You don't see the whole picture here.  You are only feeling what you want to be true, and you made me a target in your post... unconsciously of course because you aren't really the type of person that does that, right?   :lol:

Anyways, when I am wrong about something (like I have been on these forums a few times) I would rather know about it.  When I do find a mistake on my part, I take the appropriate measures to apologize if needed, and chalk it up to a learning experience.  

... get it? 

Correct me if im wrong but I dont think that case has room for a 200mm fan.

I think a jigsaw would have to argue that there is room...

jk  :)

I don't know why you would post like that at all.  If you really have something to add that will help Jason with his $800 build, then do so.  There was no need to tag me to say that I was misinforming him.  I was giving him good information and contributing to his endevour by giving examples of very functional gaming rigs.

He is perfectly capable of asking any questions he like about the reasons I recommend what I post, and I most willing to answer any of his questions.

So all I can see from your post is that any work I put in towards helping him out is attacked, and quite wronglfully so at that.  The only saboteur here is you.  If you really had a desire to help, you would have put together something tangible for him to work with:  perhaps a complete $800 build... wow, that would be smart.

Instead, you attack a member's credibilty without citing any proof.  You proceed to vomit a bunch of random pieces of advice without any real direction to what the buyer can do with $800.  A lot of your advice had alreayd been covered in this thread.  There was a whole argument over whether or not an H97 mobo would be better than an H81.  You don't see the whole picture here.  You are only feeling what you want to be true, and you made me a target in your post... unconsciously of course because you aren't really the type of person that does that, right?   

Anyways, when I am wrong about something (like I have been on these forums a few times) I would rather know about it.  When I do find a mistake on my part, I take the appropriate measures to apologize if needed, and chalk it up to a learning experience.  

... get it? 

I'll try to break down what you just wrote to me. for the first thing I don't know if I am intensely insulting there or if you're strongly overacting. As said in my previous post I was wrong and I did apologize about 3 time so I don't think I insulted you in any matter I posted something wrong and I corrected myself right after been proven wrong. in my first post I did only answer the question of "what did I do wrong" I'm letting other more qualified people take care of the rest as I know little to optimizing a build I think I can judge myself if I want to help by giving a build and it is not your task to say to people that they are useless so please stop it's really killing the mood of the forum for no real reason beside you overacting to my apologize and previous post when the only thing that was kind off hurtfull was the word misinformation (which was not true but not untirely false either due to the fact that you did not post proof at first)  I did not understand your saying about how I don't see the whole picture and anything I did never say that I wanted to bring anything else than simple advice so please refrain your insulting. Also please refrain with your sarcasm as it's really the worst form of attack you can make I'm not trying to make you a fool nor I'm trying to give shitty advice I'm only here to try to help people in need (*and also improve my english but that's not the point*). You should really try a more peaceful way of living on this forum because your really making this thread horrible to read and to interract in, even if you don't see it it's true I'm currently not having a good time and somebody already leaved the thread which prove it's not pleasant to interact in this thread. last thing I tagged you so op knew I was talking about your post it was only to clarify my post really not to attack you sorry if you took it that way it was not my intention.  

I'll try to break down what you just wrote to me. for the first thing I don't know if I am intensely insulting there or if you're strongly overacting. As said in my previous post I was wrong and I did apologize about 3 time so I don't think I insulted you in any matter I posted something wrong and I corrected myself right after been proven wrong. in my first post I did only answer the question of "what did I do wrong" I'm letting other more qualified people take care of the rest as I know little to optimizing a build I think I can judge myself if I want to help by giving a build and it is not your task to say to people that they are useless so please stop it's really killing the mood of the forum for no real reason beside you overacting to my apologize and previous post when the only thing that was kind off hurtfull was the word misinformation (which was not true but not untirely false either due to the fact that you did not post proof at first)  I did not understand your saying about how I don't see the whole picture and anything I did never say that I wanted to bring anything else than simple advice so please refrain your insulting. Also please refrain with your sarcasm as it's really the worst form of attack you can make I'm not trying to make you a fool nor I'm trying to give shitty advice I'm only here to try to help people in need (*and also improve my english but that's not the point*). You should really try a more peaceful way of living on this forum because your really making this thread horrible to read and to interract in, even if you don't see it it's true I'm currently not having a good time and somebody already leaved the thread which prove it's not pleasant to interact in this thread. last thing I tagged you so op knew I was talking about your post it was only to clarify my post really not to attack you sorry if you took it that way it was not my intention.  

Ok, I will refrain. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

hi @stconquest this is my finalize build, give me some insight please

cpu: intel core i3-4150 3.5ghz

motherboard: Asus h81m-D
Memory: Kingston 4gb hyper X Fury 1600 x2

storage: WD caviar blue 1tb 7200rpm
video card: Asus r9 270 direct cu 2 oc 2gb ddr5

case: CM k350
PSU: Aerocool KCAS 600w

hi @stconquest this is my finalize build, give me some insight please

cpu: intel core i3-4150 3.5ghz

motherboard: Asus h81m-D

Memory: Kingston 4gb hyper X Fury 1600 x2

storage: WD caviar blue 1tb 7200rpm

video card: Asus r9 270 direct cu 2 oc 2gb ddr5

case: CM k350

PSU: Aerocool KCAS 600w

Hi.

The CPU and the motherboard might have a compatibility issue, I will explain why:

There are two types of Haswell CPUs, the original Haswell releases (i3 4130, i5 4440, i7 4770, etc...) and a newer release named Haswell Refresh/Devil's Canyon (i3 4150, i5 4460, i7 4790, etc...).  The H81, B85, H87, and Z87 motherboards were designed with the original Haswell line and if you try to put a newer Haswell Refresh into one of those boards it might not work.  It won't recognize the CPU at all.

Solutions:

1.  When you pick a Haswell Refresh CPU, pair it with either a H97 or Z97 motherboard to ensure compatibility.  Those motherboards were designed for the newer line of Haswell.

2.  Contact the retailer and verify if the bios revision on the H81, B85, H87 or Z87 motherboard is updated to work with the newer Haswell Refresh (or Devil's Canyon) CPUs.

Now the rest...1 sec...

That build can't be $800 USD...

Your build should be around $600:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i3-4160 3.6GHz Dual-Core Processor  ($109.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Motherboard: ASRock H97 Anniversary ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($71.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Memory: G.Skill Sniper Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 Memory  ($57.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($44.99 @ Best Buy)
Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon R9 270 2GB WINDFORCE Video Card  ($142.98 @ Newegg)
Case: Thermaltake Versa H22 ATX Mid Tower Case  ($34.98 @ Directron)
Power Supply: Rosewill 550W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($49.99 @ Newegg)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 (OEM) (64-bit)  ($87.89 @ OutletPC)
Total: $600.80
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-04-05 13:16 EDT-0400

So basicly I have to change the mother board to a differentversion which is compatable with the processor ?

Haha yeah its cheaper but I guess it can do things too right ?

So basicly I have to change the mother board to a differentversion which is compatable with the processor ?

Haha yeah its cheaper but I guess it can do things too right ?

Yes, grab a H97 board.

Uhmm, if I did not try to help you spend your money better... what good would I be?  :lol:

true, by the way, how do you tell that the processor is incompatible with the motherboard?

For RAM, I'd go with a single 8GB stick for expandability later. If you don't plan of having 16GB of RAM before you get a new computer - or at least motherboard - two 4GB sticks is fine, however.