Olympus Pen Lite 3(E-PL3) View finder

Go to solution Solved by Flight1sim,

Should be able to, but they are more expensive, will have to bargain a bit then

Try to find it used if you can. But make sure EVF's are even compatible and can work with your camera :D

Hi all, so I have the E-PL3 camera, and I was wondering if this specific view finder is compatible with it, I know others do exist, but they tend to be extremely expensive at S$400+

So, I was wondering if this cheaper model would work too? http://www.amazon.com/Olympus-Optical-Viewfinder-Digital-Cameras/dp/B002CGSYNA

Thanks in advance.

Computer Specifications:

AMD Ryzen 5 3600  Gigabyte B550M Aorus Elite | ADATA XPG SPECTRIX D50 32 GB 3600 MHz | Asus RTX 3060 KO Edition CoolerMaster Silencio S400 Klevv Cras C700 M.2 SSD 256GB 

1TB Crucial MX500 | 1 TB SanDisk SSD Corsair RM650W

Camera Equipment:

Camera Bodies: 

Olympus Pen-F Panasonic GH3 (Retired)

Lenses:

Sigma 30mm F1.4 | Sigma 16mm F1.4 | Sigma 19mm F2.8 | Laowa 17mm F1.8 | Olympus 45mm F1.8

It's a standard Hotshoe mount, should be fine

But note, you won't be able to zoom with your lens or anything, in my opinion, its not worth it. It's designed for the 17mm Pancake lens.

Can you get an EVF for that camera?

Are you new? Please read CoC  Before posting! PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR US DARK THEME USERS (Only for dark shades)If you can read this, it means you need to change to NIGHT THEME (bottom left above LMG logo) Please follow your threads and Quote people when replying to them. Mark your problem as solved if answered. Don't spam, nobody likes a spammer. DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES! BE NICE!

It's a standard Hotshoe mount, should be fine

But note, you won't be able to zoom with your lens or anything, in my opinion, its not worth it. It's designed for the 17mm Pancake lens.

Can you get an EVF for that camera?

Computer Specifications:

AMD Ryzen 5 3600  Gigabyte B550M Aorus Elite | ADATA XPG SPECTRIX D50 32 GB 3600 MHz | Asus RTX 3060 KO Edition CoolerMaster Silencio S400 Klevv Cras C700 M.2 SSD 256GB 

Camera Equipment:

Camera Bodies: 

Lenses:

Sigma 30mm F1.4 | Sigma 16mm F1.4 | Sigma 19mm F2.8 | Laowa 17mm F1.8 | Olympus 45mm F1.8

Try to find it used if you can. But make sure EVF's are even compatible and can work with your camera :D

Are you new? Please read CoC  Before posting! PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR US DARK THEME USERS (Only for dark shades)If you can read this, it means you need to change to NIGHT THEME (bottom left above LMG logo) Please follow your threads and Quote people when replying to them. Mark your problem as solved if answered. Don't spam, nobody likes a spammer. DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES! BE NICE!

I may be able to find a VF-2 or VF-3 for cheap, are both of these the same hotshoe mount?

Links to both:

http://www.olympusimage.com.sg/product/dslr/accessory/optical/vf2.html

http://www.olympusimage.com.sg/product/dslr/accessory/optical/vf3.html

Thanks again

Computer Specifications:

Camera Equipment:

Camera Bodies: 

Lenses:

I may be able to find a VF-2 or VF-3 for cheap, are both of these the same hotshoe mount?

Links to both:

http://www.olympusimage.com.sg/product/dslr/accessory/optical/vf2.html

http://www.olympusimage.com.sg/product/dslr/accessory/optical/vf3.html

Thanks again

It says it's for Olympus PEN cameras, it seems to use both the Hotshoe mount and also another connector at the front. 

In my opinion, you shouldn't bother adding a Viewfinder to a Point and Shoot unless you really need it. For those prices you could go for a Canon SX series with optical viewfinders built in :P

It says it's for Olympus PEN cameras, it seems to use both the Hotshoe mount and also another connector at the front. 

In my opinion, you shouldn't bother adding a Viewfinder to a Point and Shoot unless you really need it. For those prices you could go for a Canon SX series with optical viewfinders built in :P

Hmm, I already have the camera, and if it is possible to find compatible viewfinders for cheap, it is worth it, but for now I will just leave it, just needed to make sure that they were compatible if I found one at a good price, also thanks for your help! 

Computer Specifications:

Camera Equipment:

Camera Bodies: 

Lenses:

Hmm, I already have the camera, and if it is possible to find compatible viewfinders for cheap, it is worth it, but for now I will just leave it, just needed to make sure that they were compatible if I found one at a good price, also thanks for your help! 

Yea unfortunately companies like to overcharge, and compatibility is another concern :P 

your welcome, have a good day/night

Yea it should work i know that it works with leica who normally doesnt allo that type of stuff and it is same brand so it should have the same protocol

Please follow your topics guys, it's very important! CoC F.A.Q  Please use the corresponding PC part picker link for your country USA, UK, Canada, AustraliaSpain, Italy, New Zealand and Germany

also if you find anyone with this handle in games its most likely me so say hi

Guys, if I do buy the VF-1 for now, will it still work with my current lense? Because I do plan on getting a pancake lense soon too

Computer Specifications:

Camera Equipment:

Camera Bodies: 

Lenses:

Guys, if I do buy the VF-1 for now, will it still work with my current lense? Because I do plan on getting a pancake lense soon too

the VF-1 works with everything, but its optical, meaning what you see in the viewfinder will never change, and not see what your camera and lens sees

the VF-1 works with everything, but its optical, meaning what you see in the viewfinder will never change, and not see what your camera and lens sees

Hmm ok, will think about it then

Computer Specifications:

Camera Equipment:

Camera Bodies: 

Lenses:

Hmm ok, will think about it then

Welp could've gotten a used VF-2 or VF-3 here for cheaper and get linus to bring it to you, since he's there

Welp could've gotten a used VF-2 or VF-3 here for cheaper and get linus to bring it to you, since he's there

If I do get a VF-1 and use it with my current lense, will it really be an issue? Since I do plan on getting a pancake lense in the near future also

Computer Specifications:

Camera Equipment:

Camera Bodies: 

Lenses:

If I do get a VF-1 and use it with my current lense, will it really be an issue? Since I do plan on getting a pancake lense in the near future also

Welp initially it doesn't do anything, so no it won't be an issue, the view finder being a partial optical will just somewhat help you frame the picture

• 2 weeks later...

Welp initially it doesn't do anything, so no it won't be an issue, the view finder being a partial optical will just somewhat help you frame the picture

I got 1 last question, soo all VF are comaptible right? Is the VF4 also compatible?

Computer Specifications:

Camera Equipment:

Camera Bodies: 

Lenses:

Oh, thats good, am at the latest firmware anyways

Computer Specifications:

Camera Equipment:

Camera Bodies: 

Lenses:

• 3 weeks later...

Welp, today was able to find one and buy one used for S$99(USD74.27) So thanks for the suggestion of used!  :D

Computer Specifications:

Camera Equipment:

Camera Bodies: 

Lenses:

Welp, today was able to find one and buy one used for S$99(USD74.27) So thanks for the suggestion of used!  :D

Yay awesome! How is it?

Yay awesome! How is it?

Pretty good, it actually makes it easier to focus, which is a plus, haven't had the time to do a full test run with a day just walking around and shooting

Computer Specifications:

Camera Equipment:

Camera Bodies: 

Lenses: