Computer Randomly Locking Up When Playing Games

Hey guys.

So I've been having an issue with my computer locking up and freezing during games. I've troubleshooted this as down as I can but I can't seem to get any further to the root of the problem..

It doesn't seem to matter which game, demanding or not. I've had it happen with BF4/BFH and also with Ori And The Blind forest, the latter being far less demanding than the other two. Everything will freeze up but I can still hear any looping game sounds like background ambient noise, where other sounds like gunfire and active play have all dissapeared. I can also still talk to my friends on skype for as long as I care until holding down the power button to shut the system off. It also seems to happen at random intervals. Last night it kept happening within 30~ minute segements where as the previous night it took around 2 hours to finally happen. This morning it took 3 hours until a freeze. I've had it happen in the past but now it's starting to become more and more frequent. 

I've tried doing a Mem Check, nothing came up.
Did a disk check, nothing came up.
Updated my bios
Did a clean installation of my graphics drivers
Checked for firmware updates on my SSD
Cleaned out the registry 
Temps and Voltages are fine
Nothing is overclocked

This pic is right after a freeze. the 66 Degree on my GPU was because I didn't have the fans turned all the way up, maxed out at 54 after that.

Vrcyx4.jpg

So I'm a little lost and can't figure anything further. You guys got any ideas?

oh and speccy:

2443c6ea32.png

I guess the last ditch effort is to re-install windows and see if that works v.gif kinda sounds like a driver problem at this point..

Did you have this problem with an older driver for your graphics card? This happened to me once with Nvidia, and I just reinstalled the graphics driver and it worked fine again.

Either that, or uninstall your current graphics driver and install and older version.

Did you have this problem with an older driver for your graphics card? This happened to me once with Nvidia, and I just reinstalled the graphics driver and it worked fine again.

Either that, or uninstall your current graphics driver and install and older version.

I believe it was happening with the past driver.  Though I'm not averse to trying an older driver for a bit to make sure I'm correct.

So I did a super duper clean install of the graphics drivers (the latest ones) using this guide:  http://www.reddit.com/r/nvidia/comments/2ha3q9/howto_fresh_driver_install_for_new_gpu_or_any

Just played BF:H for 2 and a half hours and no freezes.  I'll keep playing for the rest of the day and report back tomorow or when it freezes on my results!

Welp.  No luck.  Played BFH for 3 more hours then it froze.  Happened again like, hour and a half later, then it happened another 30 minutes later..

Guess I'll re-install windows?

Dug out a multi meter and checked out the 12V rail while idle and playing a game.  Everything seems to check out there.  I was ideling around 12.3 and playing a game it was a consistant 12.22 until it froze again.

So re-installing windows has seemed to do the trick.  I don't know what was causing it and I wish I did.  

Though, of course, a new problem has replaced it, now my graphics drivers crash every so often, but not as often as the freezing was occurring.  Oh well :v