1995 Mustang Build Log

Guest Philosophy
Go to solution Solved by Real_PhillBert,

With a supercharger and a performance chip, I should be able to get at least 400HP out of the 5.0. 

Yeah with a bit of boost you will get 400 without much trouble. Mine is still N/A but I would really like to swap in a Coyote 5.0L and add a Kenne Bell with E-85 but other things always seem to take financial priority.

V9HIEWG.jpg?1

Banner By EpicGeekOnFire

So, I have decided to do a build log many others have for there PCs but for my car! I plan to do a lot of modding, I will condense it to one area! It is a GT, but the previous owner took all forms of GT off the car, because and I quote "V6s look better". So It is my job to make this car even cooler than it is now!

Car as Bought: 

QFrbpBZ.jpg

aMj5Yr6.jpg

6wwXStT.jpg

AMcamOc.jpg

CSDDrYK.jpg

@terrytek @techswede @wolfgang @AlwaysFSX I thought you guys might enjoy this as you common the car thread!

Week 1

Week One A: 

The previous owner had chrome lined the entire car which was very tacky (quite literally) so I had to remove it from all the doors and skirts. Here is an after picture of the doors. I had to use glue thinner to get it off, then I washed and waxed it to clean and protect. 

IyfbaCS.jpg

lmFhzc4.jpg

Week One B:

I plasti dipped, the rims (Hub caps). I will add pictures of them on my car tomorrow as I am letting the third coat dry overnight. 

ySzU0ps.jpg

UdjRLCG.jpg

Week One C: 

I have now started (and finished) the headlight restoration it went perfect and the Turtle Headlight Restore Kit, works perfect! Pictures Below. I also added some headlights I picked up after dinner brighter and easier for other drivers too see. Can't show em' though :P

Before:

DLuIyxA.jpg

After: 

TB5cYu0.jpg

Week One D: 

I have now cleaned dried and waxed my entire car. Man does that laser red look amazing! And because it is metallic in certain lights it looks even better than others!

RtgCIhd.jpg

yP7g37k.jpg

Ji2LULL.jpg

Week One E: 

I am now finished plasti dipping the wheels, they turned out great. It will work for now for certain. 

VuuvxoT.jpg

1VlPzxX.jpg

ZGnBbAl.jpg

Week 2

Week Two A: 

Starting some interior work so for now stock photos (Even before cleaning it!)

cqJiZNM.jpg

HO84FRq.jpg

DYlvD4s.jpg

QXw7Ov4.jpg

PKztDih.jpg

Week Two B: 

I added a new sound system (Kinda), I took the existing head unit out and put in Kenwood kmm-bt312u and took the mach sound system from a 2003 GT for the amp and speakers! It sounds amazing! 

Original Head Unit: 

65mCmJZ.jpg

New Head Unit: 

dWXMQhM.jpg

Week Two C: 

I got the floor mats today. They are the most plush and soft mats I've ever seen. They match the interior pretty well (They are ford OEM), I will clean the car then more pictures. EDIT: I got the car mats cleaned and in the car, they really tie the interior together well 

JcDDeN9.jpg

0Q4XWYx.jpg

D4IeHO1.jpg

Week 3 

Week 3 Part A: 

I fixed the paint this week turned out awesome!

Before:

TB5cYu0.jpg

After: 

WMtPdXg.jpg

Week 3 Part B: Exhaust

Now that I have got all the check engine lights dealt with and the car is like brand new, I am going to start to make it sounds good. So here it is. It is a cat back exhaust with Flowmaster Super 40 Series. 

A0WFJyi.jpg

Here is a sound clip of it from inside the car. My camera is too hot to record outside I will do that this evening and get it posted. 

https://clyp.it/1bzgkrk0

Week 4

Week 4 (9/15/15): 

I installed my new headlights today. Jeez, I did not expect it to be as hard as it was. It required a dremel, and a Sawzall. And it took me 4 hours. I have to adjust them tomorrow as there a little low on the ground. Should be simple *crosses fingers*

Mustang Pictures w Headlights Installed: 

DSC_0201.jpg

DSC_0199.jpg

DSC_0198.jpg

DSC_0203.jpg

DSC_0205.jpg

Nice! What are your plans?

Here is my 98 4.6L:

MustanginAlleyBlackandWhite.jpg

BlackandWhiteMustanginField.jpg

1128f111-4d6f-4e67-a99c-0e0e171d81e2_zps

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

Plasti Dip rims are almost done, un-fog headlights, Floor Mats (as it has none), 8 inch antenna, Rocker Stripes, Smoked Headlight and Back-lights covers, New fuel door, Plate frames, paint work (touch ups), Then mechanical stuff such as a performance chip, supercharger, I may convert it to a manual. 

This makes me sad =(  who would take off the only thing that makes that car a none girl car.

I know, I do think the standard emblems are actually pretty nice looking and make it a sleeper. 

Nice, this is going to be something different. What I don't understand is, why do you like the Mustang IV ? I mean if you take away the mustang badge it could very well be a Honda...

Molex to SATA, lose all your data

I know, I do think the standard emblems are actually pretty nice looking and make it a sleeper. 

I would Change the wheels on it. 

Nice, this is going to be something different. What I don't understand is, why do you like the Mustang IV ? I mean if you take away the mustang badge it could very well be a Honda...

Mustang IV?

I would Change the wheels on it. 

Eventually I will, the wheels I want are a little over 4k. Plasti dip will get it looking better for now. 

Mustang IV?

The fourth generation of Mustangs

Here is my 98 4.6L:

-Snip_

Dual exhaust, nice. Mine splits from duel to single :P

The fourth generation of Mustangs

I grew up with them is probably why, they have always been my favorite. The 5.0L are amazing!

Dual exhaust, nice. Mine splits from duel to single :P

Yeah ours are a bit different lol. 

I have ~$5,000 in goodies on that car. Last time I had it on a chassis dyno it was 314HP and 373 LB-FT, since then I have done a bit more so its maybe flirting with 400HP at the crank. 

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

I grew up with them is probably why, they have always been my favorite. The 5.0L are amazing!

OK, I just wondered, because they don't look very good imo. I've never driven one, you barely see them in europe.  I'm looking forward to your build log

I have ~$5,000 in goodies on that car. Last time I had it on a chassis dyno it was 314HP and 373 LB-FT, since then I have done a bit more so its maybe flirting with 400HP at the crank. 

With a supercharger and a performance chip, I should be able to get at least 400HP out of the 5.0. 

not one mention how you got paid to trade your lumina for it..

or how much I tried to convince you not to get a stang

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

Do you have any clue if it is stock to have duel come from the engine and have it split back into one at the muffler and the cost to have it duel again?

Yeah with a bit of boost you will get 400 without much trouble. Mine is still N/A but I would really like to swap in a Coyote 5.0L and add a Kenne Bell with E-85 but other things always seem to take financial priority.

@ Very cool. I love Mustangs. I have owned a 1966 Mustang GT, 2003 Mustang Gt and a 2004 Mustang GT. My next will be a 2017 Mustang GT. Good luck.

Love cats and Linus. Check out linuscattips-fan-club. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Z9QDVn and Asus ROG Swift. I love anime as well. Check out Heaven Society heaven-society. My own personal giveaway thread http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/387856-evga-geforce-gtx-970-giveaway-presented-by-grimneo/.

Do you have any clue if it is stock to have duel come from the engine and have it split back into one at the muffler and the cost to have it duel again?

I think that was stock on the 5L cars. As far as how much to go full dual, can be anything you want. I have $1500 in exhaust on mine, but that is with ceramic coated long tube headers which ate a lot of that money.

You could probably find a simple cat-back to run duals out the back for $400 or so.

You could probably find a simple cat-back to run duals out the back for $400 or so.

That be perfect, as I am hoping to keep this awhile as my sports car and get a nice sedan for everyday stuff. 

I've always like the look of bronze rims on a red car that or white

I've always like the look of bronze rims on a red car that or white

I have a color scheme, laser metallic red (color of my car) and black. So I am going for Cobra R Custom Rims in Black.