I have started to fold!

Go to solution Solved by Wiflare,

I'm folding with a 3570k @4.5 & a gtx 650. A few weeks of nightly folding and I almost have a million points. what you have will help for sure.

1.26 is the safest max setting for CPU voltages

1.35 will shorten you're cpu lifespand by 30% if 24/7 use

theres a new cpu coming out soon :)

Another issue you may not be aware of... Most water cooling gear is manufactured to handle a max sustained water temp of not more than 50C. I know this for fact as I was folding, had the system at about 65C and blew two resevoirs due to failure from heat. Basically after 50C things like seals and such start to fail. So, if Folding and you have a water cooled system and the average temp is over 50C, either drop your Voltages or, depending on what you have, up the number of rads you have, get better fans, etc...

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

Another issue you may not be aware of... Most water cooling gear is manufactured to handle a max sustained water temp of not more than 50C. I know this for fact as I was folding, had the system at about 65C and blew two resevoirs due to failure from heat. Basically after 50C things like seals and such start to fail. So, if Folding and you have a water cooled system and the average temp is over 50C, either drop your Voltages or, depending on what you have, up the number of rads you have, get better fans, etc...

i have put a second raid in and it didnt drop the temps at all. i live in new zealand and it will be winter soon and i have a cold house so i would say the temp will drop. im going to buy some different thermal paste to see if that will drop temps

i have put a second raid in and it didnt drop the temps at all. i live in new zealand and it will be winter soon and i have a cold house so i would say the temp will drop. im going to buy some different thermal paste to see if that will drop temps

Pay attention to how the thermal paste has spread when you pull

off the waterblock to swap paste, it might not be making solid

contact. How warm would you say the exhausted air from the rads

is? you should feel that the waterloop is relatively warm if the

waterblock is transfering heat properly.

Pay attention to how the thermal paste has spread when you pull

off the waterblock to swap paste, it might not be making solid

contact. How warm would you say the exhausted air from the rads

is? you should feel that the waterloop is relatively warm if the

waterblock is transfering heat properly.

the water is the res and the raids are warm. i have been adjusting the core voltage have to as low as it will go with out crashing and its running about 65C still on a 4.6ghz. ill still buy some more thermal paste and change that to see if that will help i dont really want to drop my over clock. is there any think else i can do to drop temps ( i have an old fridge i could run my loop though but i think that will cause condensation :) )