I have started to fold!

Go to solution Solved by Wiflare,

I'm folding with a 3570k @4.5 & a gtx 650. A few weeks of nightly folding and I almost have a million points. what you have will help for sure.

I am using a 4670k and an 8350 @4.2ghz, a 7850 and a gtx 780, hows this sound? am i really helping? if so i will let them run 24/7

Laptop: Thinkpad W520 i7 2720QM 24GB RAM 1920x1080 2x SSDs Main Rig: 4790k 12GB Hyperx Beast Zotac 980ti AMP! Fractal Define S (window) RM850 Noctua NH-D15 EVGA Z97 FTW with 3 1080P 144hz monitors from Asus Secondary: i5 6600K, R9 390 STRIX, 16GB DDR4, Acer Predator 144Hz 1440P

As Centos 7 SU once said: With great power comes great responsibility.

I'm folding with a 3570k @4.5 & a gtx 650. A few weeks of nightly folding and I almost have a million points. what you have will help for sure.

Woo!

Thanks for saving the planets.

well_done_green1264694666_932.jpg 

Nvidia is to Dr Dre Beets as AMD is to KFC.

One makes you broke, the other you can get more of and have a midnight snack from the fridge when hungry again. Once you go Nvidia, you go broked, turn into an Elitist, or get the incorrect amount of VRAM.

- WCCFTECH

I was only 9 years old. I loved Fifflaren so much, I had all the NiP merchandise and matches pirated. I prayed to Fifflaren every night before bed. Thanking him for the life I have been given. Fifflaren is love I say. Fifflaren is life. My dad hears and calls me a fuckhead. I knew he was just jelly of my passion for Fifflaren. I called him a Sw@yer. He hits me and sends me to go to sleep. I'm crying now, and my face hurts. I lay in bed and it's really cold. A warmth is moving towards me. I feel someone touching me. I feel someone touching me. It's Fifflaren. I am so happy. He whispers in my ear; "this is my pyjama". He grabs me with his powerful Swedish hands and puts me on my hands and knees. I'm ready. I spread my ass cheeks for Fifflaren. He penetrates my butt-hole. It hurts so much but I do it for Fifflaren. I can feel my butt tearing as my eyes start to water. I push against his force. I want to please Fifflaren. He roars a viking roar as he fills my butt with his love. My dad walks in. Fifflaren looks straight into his eyes and says; "He is a ninja now". Fifflaren is love, Fifflaren is life 

I juast added a Q6600 to the pile now as well.

Laptop: Thinkpad W520 i7 2720QM 24GB RAM 1920x1080 2x SSDs Main Rig: 4790k 12GB Hyperx Beast Zotac 980ti AMP! Fractal Define S (window) RM850 Noctua NH-D15 EVGA Z97 FTW with 3 1080P 144hz monitors from Asus Secondary: i5 6600K, R9 390 STRIX, 16GB DDR4, Acer Predator 144Hz 1440P

As Centos 7 SU once said: With great power comes great responsibility.

"am i really helping"

Anything counts, even a single work unit that could take a week to finish, it still goes towards a cause that will save millions of people in the indefinite future. I have a 280x folding every morning and running BOINC every night.

CPU: Intel i5-2400 Mobo: ASUS Maximus IV Gene-Z RAM: 8GB G.Skill DDR3 1333MHz GPU: Sapphire R9 280x Tri-X Case Corsair Obsidian Series 350D PSU: EVGA 500w 80+ Certified

I just started folding too, 4770K @stock clock and a 970.

Not the beefiest rig ever but I guess every bit helps. :)

Ad victoriam ex machina non sibi sed patriae

The graphics cards are the real hitters, adding a cpu won't do much. But, everything counts. And the 780 alone places you higher than the vast majority of folders.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

I just started folding too, 4770K @stock clock and a 970.

Not the beefiest rig ever but I guess every bit helps. :)

thats a decent folding setup

you should get some nice ppd on that

CPU: Intel i5-2400 Mobo: ASUS Maximus IV Gene-Z RAM: 8GB G.Skill DDR3 1333MHz GPU: Sapphire R9 280x Tri-X Case Corsair Obsidian Series 350D PSU: EVGA 500w 80+ Certified

I just joined the forum, the folding team here at linustechtips, and started folding myself! I thought I'd put my beefy system to good use. Currently contributing to Project 9007! Got an i7-4790k and an XFX r9295x2.

I just joined the forum, the folding team here at linustechtips, and started folding myself! I thought I'd put my beefy system to good use. Currently contributing to Project 9007! Got an i7-4790k and an XFX r9295x2.

That is a beefy machine alright, welcome to the collective.  

i have been folding for 12 hours now have got 18k points my house is now feels like an oven my cpu is running at 95C and my gpu is at 75C

lucky winter is coming :)

i have been folding for 12 hours now have got 18k points my house is now feels like an oven my cpu is running at 95C and my gpu is at 75C

lucky winter is coming :)

You CPU is running way to hot.

You CPU is running way to hot.

lol its ok dont need it to last ten years anyway

lol its ok dont need it to last ten years anyway

lol, seriously though. 95*c is too much :P, something

is wrong here.

lol, seriously though. 95*c is too much :P, something

is wrong here.

yea my cpu get really hot when overclocked im new to gaming pc and stuff so dont really know what im doing but it runs at 50C when gaming it just when its been maxed out for hours it heats up the water and then runs at 95C i have brought another raid to see get if i can get to run a bit cooler.

4790k clocked at 4.6 Ghz with custom water cooling

yea my cpu get really hot when overclocked im new to gaming pc and stuff so dont really know what im doing but it runs at 50C when gaming it just when its been maxed out for hours it heats up the water and then runs at 95C i have brought another raid to see get if i can get to run a bit cooler.

4790k clocked at 4.6 Ghz with custom water cooling

If that CPU is hitting that temp and you have it water cooled, there is something really wrong, dangerously wrong...

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

If that CPU is hitting that temp and you have it water cooled, there is something really wrong, dangerously wrong...

yea i dont know its not water cooling thats working fine when gaming it dosnt go over 50C and when i stop folding it cools down strait away. maybe its because i set voltage to auto duno ae im new to all this stuff

yea i dont know its not water cooling thats working fine when gaming it dosnt go over 50C and when i stop folding it cools down strait away. maybe its because i set voltage to auto duno ae im new to all this stuff

Sounds to me as if your CPU is getting way too much voltage or the cpu waterblock doesn't have proper contact. But more likely its the voltage if you have it set to Auto.

Open a tool like CPU-Z or intel xtu to check the Core Voltage under load. The higher it is, the hotter your cpu gets. I think anything up to 1.35V is safe but you probably can set it lower if its that high. 

In that case try setting a manual voltage first and stress testing to see if it runs fine. After that change the mode to adaptive.

Intel Core i7 4790K || G.Skill 16GB DDR3 || MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G || Fractal Design Define R5 || Asus Gryphon Z97 || EVGA SuperNOVA 750G2 || Crucial MX100 256GB || Noctua NH-D15

Sounds to me as if your CPU is getting way too much voltage or the cpu waterblock doesn't have proper contact. But more likely its the voltage if you have it set to Auto.

Open a tool like CPU-Z or intel xtu to check the Core Voltage under load. The higher it is, the hotter your cpu gets. I think anything up to 1.35V is safe but you probably can set it lower if its that high. 

In that case try setting a manual voltage first and stress testing to see if it runs fine. After that change the mode to adaptive.

i just download cpu z and at full load it is 1.382 is that ok or do i need to drop it? and its raining and a bit colder today my cpu is at 85C

i just download cpu z and at full load it is 1.382 is that ok or do i need to drop it? and its raining and a bit colder today my cpu is at 85C

holy shit, no wonder your cpu is toasty :P. Yeah, 1.38 is pretty

excessive vcore... i wouldn't use that overclock as a daily driver.

Seems abit unnecessary.

You might have a hard time getting stable 4.6ghz on haswell. I

would do some manual overclocking and fine tune that vcore

abit.. alternatively drop the overclock to 4.4 if necessary. 

holy shit, no wonder your cpu is toasty :P. Yeah, 1.38 is pretty

excessive vcore... i wouldn't use that overclock as a daily driver.

Seems abit unnecessary.

You might have a hard time getting stable 4.6ghz on haswell. I

would do some manual overclocking and fine tune that vcore

abit.. alternatively drop the overclock to 4.4 if necessary. 

ok  ill drop it

i set it to 1.35 and my overclock is ok my temps are 75C-80C so alittle drop :)

i set it to 1.35 and my overclock is ok my temps are 75C-80C so alittle drop :)

1.26 is the safest max setting for CPU voltages

1.35 will shorten you're cpu lifespand by 30% if 24/7 use

EOC folding stats - Folding stats - My web folding page stats

Summer Glau: Quote's The future is worth fighting for. Serenity

My linux setup: CPU: I7 2600K @4.5Ghz, MM: Corsair 16GB vengeance @1600Mhz, GPU: 2 Way Radeon his iceq x2 7970, MB: Asus sabertooth Z77, PSU: Corsair 750 plus Gold modular

My gaming setup: CPU: I7 3770K @4.7Ghz, MM: Corsair 32GB vengeance @1600Mhz, GPU: 2 Way Gigabyte RX580 8GB, MB: Asus sabertooth Z77, PSU: Corsair 860i Platinum modular