ASUS RMA experience

I recently had to RMA my ZenBook UX303LN due to a malfunctioning headphone port and thought I'd share my experience with you.  Getting the papers was easy enough.  i just had to hop on the ASUS website, start a live chat, and within 20 minutes I had the papers to send my computer in.  I sent the computer in on the 11th of February and ASUS got it on the 17th.  They fixed it and sent it back out on the 18th.  i got it back on the 23rd with not only a working headphone jack, but updated bios, firmware, raid drivers, and various other updates provided by ASUS.  There was no bloatware installed when i got it back and the computer has had no problems since.  The only thing i wish wouldn't have taken so long was the shipping, but it was free so i'm not really in a place to complain!

I would have finished that but i got distra-oh my god is that Linus!?

I recently had to RMA my ZenBook UX303LN due to a malfunctioning headphone port and thought I'd share my experience with you.  Getting the papers was easy enough.  i just had to hop on the ASUS website, start a live chat, and within 20 minutes I had the papers to send my computer in.  I sent the computer in on the 11th of February and ASUS got it on the 17th.  They fixed it and sent it back out on the 18th.  i got it back on the 23rd with not only a working headphone jack, but updated bios, firmware, raid drivers, and various other updates provided by ASUS.  There was no bloatware installed when i got it back and the computer has had no problems since.  The only thing i wish wouldn't have taken so long was the shipping, but it was free so i'm not really in a place to complain!

I am in the same boat... I never once have had issue with Asus support, but there are conflicting statements on the matter.

The projects never end in my line of work.

CPU: Dual Xeon E5-2650v2 || GPU: Dual Quadro K5000 || Motherboard: Asus Z9PE-D8 || RAM: 64GB Corsair Vengeance || Monitors: Dual LG 34UM95, NEC MultiSync EA244UHD || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 Pro 256GB in Raid 0, 6x WD Re 4TB in Raid 1 || Sound: Xonar Essense STX (Mainly for Troubleshooting and listening test) || PSU: Corsair Ax1500i

CPU: Core i7 5820k @ 4.7GHz || GPU: Dual Titan X || Motherboard: Asus X99 Deluxe || RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix Sport || Monitors: MX299Q, 29UB65, LG 34UM95 || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 EVO 1 TB in Raid 0, Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, 2TB Toshiba scratch disk, 3TB Seagate Barracuda || PSU: EVGA 1000w PS Platinum

I am in the same boat... I never once have had issue with Asus support, but there are conflicting statements on the matter.

ikr. I got my RMA from them after showing necaserry proof in like 1 day. They replied every 4 hours till 8 at night. But people say they are really horrible.

Lets all ripperoni in pepperoni

ikr. I got my RMA from them after showing necaserry proof in like 1 day. They replied every 4 hours till 8 at night. But people say they are really horrible.

But they have good products is the problem...

Main Gaming PC (new): HP Omen 30L || i9 10850K || RTX 3070 || 512GB WD Blue NVME || 2TB HDD, 4TB HDD, 8TB HDD ||  750W P2 ||  16GB HyperX Black DDR4

Main Gaming PC (old, still own) : Intel Core i7 7700K @5.0Ghz || GPU: GTX 1080 Seahawk EK X || Motherboard: Maximus VIII Impact || Case: Fractal Design Define Nano S || RAM : 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 

Cooling: EK XRES D5 100mm || Alphacool ST30 280mm w/ Vardars || Alphacool ST30 240mm w/ Vardars || Swiftech 3/8 x 1/2'' Lok-Seal Compressions || Swiftech EVGA Hydrocopper Block || Primochill Advanced LRT Orange || Distilled Water

Folding@Home Rig: 2x X5690s @4.6Ghz || GPUs: 2x Radeon HD 7990 || Motherboard: EVGA SR-2 || Case: Corsair 900D || RAM: 48GB Corsair Dominator GT 2000Mhz CL9

Ethereum Mining Rig: Pentium G4400 || Gigabyte Z170X-UD5 TH || 2x GTX 1060s (Samsung & Hynix) 1x GTX 1070 (Micron), 2x RX480s BIOS modded (Samsung), 1x R9 290X 8GB, 1x GTX 1660 Super = ~ 195 Mh/s

Peripherals: 3x U2412M (5760x1200), 1x U3011 (2560x1600) || Logitech G710 (Cherry Blues) || Logitech G600 || Brainwavz HM5 with @Gofspar Mod 

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 || "Infinity Edge" 4K IPS Screen || i7 7700HQ || GTX 1050 || 16GB 2400Mhz RAM 

IDK about now, but when I had my HP Envy I got a new motherboard and it took ~4 days total including shipping. It was overnight and they sent me a box. When I sent my ASUS zenbook in, it took them a week to receive it and they fixed the issue after 4-5 days; then another week to send it back. ASUS service is great, just a little slow on shipping.

Well.... I need to send in my GT610 soon because it is showing artifacts and it is an important card for me because it enables team viewer to put out video from my server... Hope they will be helpful

My Main Build: NZXT S340 - NZXT Kraken X31 - Crucial MX100 256GB - i5 4460 - Gigabyte Z97P D3 - Kingston HyperX Red 8GB - MSI Nvidia GTX 780 3GB - Corsair LL & HD RGB Fans, Corsair Lighting Node Pro. 

RMAing a motherboard back to Asus is a different story.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

I RMA my laptop and had the same experience but I was only out of a laptop for 2 weeks. Might be a location thing.  

CPU: 3770K | Motherboard: Asus Maximus V Formula | GPU: GTX 1080Ti SLI | Ram: 16gb Corsair Dominator Platinum 2133 | PSU: Corsair AX1200i | Storage: 2x Samsung 840 pros | Case: Corsair 650D | Cooler:  Corsair H100i with Noctus NF-F12 fans | Monitor: Asus ROG Swift PG278Q

• 3 weeks later...

I remember when I was shopping for new GPU. I was advised to not to buy Asus GPU by the employee of the shop himself, that their RMA support is terrible and there is nothing he can do about it. 

G4MING RIG - CPU: i7 5930K  Cooling: Custom Loop  MOBO: Asus Rampage V Extreme  GPU: EVGA 980 Ti GTX Classified  RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4 16 GB  SSD: Samsung 840 Pro  PSU: be quiet! Dark Power Pro 11 850W Platinum Certified  Sound: Asus Xonar Essence STX II  CASE: Phanteks Enthoo Primo  PERIPHERALS: Das Keyboard Ultimate 4, Logitech G502 Proteus Core, Sennheiser G4ME One, B&W MM-1, ROG SWIFT

Macbook Pro Retina 15" 2012CPU: i7 2,7 GHz  GPU: GT 650M,  RAM: 16GB,  SSD: 512GB

I remember when I was shopping for new GPU. I was advised to not to buy Asus GPU by the employee of the shop himself, that their RMA support is terrible and there is nothing he can do about it. 

My GPU from ASUS had a fan issue when I got and I sent it in; it got back fast and it was fixed.

Pro Tip: don't use flash when taking pictures of your build; use a longer exposure instead. Prop up your camera with something (preferably a tripod) if necessary.

if you use retarded/autistic/etc to mean stupid please gtfo

Whereas I am considering legal action against them for how long my workstation was out of use due to their incompetence with my motherboard.

Free shipping? Dayum Asus, you scary nice.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

• 2 weeks later...

Mostly laptop rmas are faster and more user convenient than desktop part rmas

Mostly laptop rmas are faster and more user convenient than desktop part rmas

And why is that?

And why is that?

Ask Asus

my friend rmaed his laptop - came back repaired in 9 days

he sent a mobo - been around a month

Ask Asus

my friend rmaed his laptop - came back repaired in 9 days

he sent a mobo - been around a month

Really? Huh, my mobo (Sabertooth 990fx) came as a R2.0 when RMA'ed and it came in 2 days. But that might also be the case because I live lke 10 minutes from there warehouse...

Really? Huh, my mobo (Sabertooth 990fx) came as a R2.0 when RMA'ed and it came in 2 days. But that might also be the case because I live lke 10 minutes from there warehouse...

Lucky!

That is like my experience with kingston, i had sent it to them, got a new drive and they shipped back to me within 1 week, with free shipping. And their call centre was friendly and helpful, and solid stability.

Gigabyte is another story. 

My Rig  

PCPartPicker part list: http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/kGNksY

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($379.00 @ shopRBC) 

CPU Cooler: RAIJINTEK THEMIS 65.7 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  ($34.99 @ NCIX) 

Motherboard: MSI CSM-H87M-G43 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($78.83 @ DirectCanada) 

Memory: Kingston HyperX 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($139.99 @ Memory Express) 

Storage: Kingston Fury 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($71.34 @ DirectCanada) 

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($92.95 @ Vuugo) 

Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon R9 280X 3GB Video Card  ($298.98 @ Newegg Canada) 

Case: Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($125.98 @ Newegg Canada) 

Power Supply: Corsair CX 600W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($66.99 @ NCIX) 

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 - 64-bit (OEM) (64-bit)  ($116.00 @ shopRBC) 

Case Fan: Cougar Turbine 120 (4-Pack) 60.4 CFM 120mm  Fans  ($23.99 @ NCIX) 

Monitor: HP 22xi 60Hz 21.5" Monitor  ($187.11 @ Amazon Canada) 

Monitor: HP 22xi 60Hz 21.5" Monitor  ($187.11 @ Amazon Canada) 

Keyboard: Logitech G710 Wired Gaming Keyboard  ($114.99 @ NCIX) 

Mouse: Razer DeathAdder 2013 Wired Optical Mouse  ($76.99 @ Amazon Canada) 

Headphones: Kingston HyperX Cloud Pro Headset  ($78.98 @ DirectCanada) 

Total: $2074.22

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when availableGenerated by PCPartPicker 2015-04-10 15:33 EDT-0400Build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/303263-the-dell-from-hell/#entry4121100 

Phone Compassion Spreadsheet https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1EN6s426gyxqPloIqT4wQ7Y7yovkkQy_5B3djVN-N-R8/edit#gid=0

Gta V Pc Online Crew http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/344773-unofficial-linus-tech-tips-gta-v-crew-pc/

A lot of the bad reviews you see about companies could also be corporate sabotage

#RIPTopGear  This is the best thread ever: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/53190-i-can-not-get-hard/ " French meetings are just people sitting in a semi-circle shouting at each other" -Dom Jolly  :lol:

My rig: 

CPU: Pentium G3258 @ 4.5GHz GPU: GTX 760 reference | PSU: Corsair RM750 Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 120V | Motherboard: Gigabyte B85M D3H | Case: NZXT S340 White | RAM: 8GB EVO Potenza @ 1600MHz Storage: 3TB Seagate HDD, 60GB OCZ SSD, 620GB Toshiba HDD | Mouse: Steelseries Rival @1000 CPi |  OS: Windows 10 Pro Phone: iPhone 6S 16GB  
http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/439354-why-nvidia/

On the flipside of that, the positives could also be corporate promoting.

Unapologetic AMD fangirl. Yes, I'm biased. Yes, I know sometimes nVidia and/or Intel is an equal or better option. Yes, I try to keep it in check.

I still like AMD more.

I think asus gets all the hate because of the website, it is a bit slow and clunky... nice to know that in an actual rma they deliver!

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

• 1 month later...

Whereas I am considering legal action against them for how long my workstation was out of use due to their incompetence with my motherboard.

I am dealing with the same thing here. My station has been down for nearly two months now because of their ridiculous RMA procedures. After going through the first RMA they replaced mine with a still damaged refurb. motherboard and basically said "Oh well, that's strange." Then they told me the only thing they can do is try to repair the damaged one they sent me. And guess what! I just got an e-mail today saying they can't do anything to it because the Mobo they sent me was a replacement. So I guess I'm stuck in this loop forever, no more frickin Asus products for me, or the builds I do.

• 2 weeks later...

Glad to hear Asus is still on the up and up when it comes to support.

Custom Loop

4790K - Titan X - 16GB Vengeance 1866 - Asus Vii Hero - EVGA G2 850w - Samsung Evo 500gb - Corsair 760T - ROG SWIFT

Every RMA was sent and returned in 1-2weeks depending on the problem. I live in Iowa (I know all the jokes so no need to insert one) and always sent my item(s) to Texas. Absolutely no hassle involved, who ever had bad experience had to had gotten a bad person to do their RMA, most likely an intern did it.

SO as an FYI Bad ASUS RMA = Intern did the work.  B)

My RMA's were the result of my children...ASUS still stepped up and took care it tho. :D Cant ever put down ASUS they are top notch.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER