GTX 970 Owners Club

Should I water cool my G1 gaming? Or focus on my GTX 650 Ti Windforce X2 (rev 2.0-the good version)? I've got around 40W of headroom to play with if I work on the 650ti, and my 970 might run better under water or even get a stable OC-but its temps are always fine.

did you ever get a new one, if its the fucked up one I'd just sell it on hwswap.

PEWDIEPIE DONT CROSS THAT BRIDGE

@Gofspar

Hello, I have one g1 gaming gtx 970 revision 1.1(hynix memory) , I want to know if the bios in the first page can be used in my gpu... And I want to know how to backup my actually bios for any inconvenience, which software can use for this... Thanks for any help...

My g1 gaming gtx 970 is running atm gpu clock @1515mhz and memory clock 7700mhz...w/o any problem...

did you ever get a new one, if its the fucked up one I'd just sell it on hwswap.

Its still the faulty one. And I've just discovered as well that it can no longer pass audio through my monitor over HDMI (fried the audio circuits on my P5Q Deluxe, so no more sound from it) - only my GTX 650ti can. I swear this card is a zombie.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

Its still the faulty one. And I've just discovered as well that it can no longer pass audio through my monitor over HDMI (fried the audio circuits on my P5Q Deluxe, so no more sound from it) - only my GTX 650ti can. I swear this card is a zombie.

Dude, RMA that. Your card shouldn't do that... What the hell.

Dude, RMA that. Your card shouldn't do that... What the hell.

I've already been through 5 RMA, and the 5th RMA was my original 'refurbished' G1 Gaming, still with the same problems.

PMSL

All you people with overvolt this overclock that, I decided to go that classy route with my 970. ;)55945DFB-F2A2-4EB9-9F4E-6701BF5BEDCC_zps

At first I wanted to buy reference card, but it can only be bought at best buy.

CPU-delided i5-4670k@4.6Ghz 1.42v R.I.P (2013-2015) MOBO-Asus Maximus VI Gene GPU-Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming@1582Mhz core/3744Mhz memory COOLING-Corsair H60 RAM-1x8Gb Crucial ballistix tactical tracer@2133Mhz 11-12-12-26  DRIVES-Kingston V300 60Gb, OCZ trion 100 120Gb, WD Red 1Tb
2nd  fastest i5 4670k in GPUPI for CPU - 100M

@Gofspar

Hello, I have one g1 gaming gtx 970 revision 1.1(hynix memory) , I want to know if the bios in the first page can be used in my gpu... And I want to know how to backup my actually bios for any inconvenience, which software can use for this... Thanks for any help...

- Download the Bios Mod Version you want (first page)

- Download GPU-Z http://www.techpowerup.com/downloads/2490/techpowerup-gpu-z-v0-8-3/

- Save your Bios by clicking the circled area on GPU-Z (choose Save to File)

4dqmejz6phmv.jpg

- Duplicate your saved bios. Save a copy of it to a Save place (email folder / usb stick / hard drive)

- Download Maxwell Bios Tweaker (download link first page)

- Open Maxwell Bios Tweaker twice.

- Open the Downloaded Bios from the first page with it.

- Open your Bios with it

- Edit every setting 1to1 from the Downloaded Bios from the first page to your Bios.

- Flash Your edited Bios via Nvflash to your Card. (not the downloaded bios from the first page)

Or just save your bios, upload it here and ask someone to edit it for you.

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800x3D | MoBo: MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | RAM: G.Skill F4-3600C15D-16GTZ @3800CL16 | GPU: RTX 2080Ti | PSU: Corsair HX1200 | 

Case: Lian Li 011D XL | Storage: Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB, Crucial MX500 500GB | Soundcard: Soundblaster ZXR | Mouse: Razer Viper Mini | Keyboard: Razer Huntsman TE Monitor: DELL AW2521H @360Hz |

Well it seems that I'm not the only one who has issues with their GTX 970 and HDMI audio. Expect the HDMI audio used to work for me:
http://www.reddit.com/r/nvidia/comments/2lslep/gigabyte_gtx_970_with_no_audio_through_hdmi/

https://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CB4QFjAAahUKEwiRsPnIwZbGAhWCUrwKHe-nDfs&url=https%3A%2F%2Fforums.geforce.com%2Fdefault%2Ftopic%2F787880%2Fno-hdmi-audio-on-gtx-970%2F&ei=5kqBVZGlCYKl8QXvz7bYDw&usg=AFQjCNFAhSc9CjehtfQ4-JjyUo1sULHH1A&sig2=5b7M79Ntrkfnok_6vEOOmA

http://forums.evga.com/GTX-970-Audio-Problem-m2280615.aspx   (using the driver in this thread ATM)

http://www.eightforums.com/sound-audio/35724-no-sound-through-hdmi-connection-now-unplugged.html (going to use DDU and try the latest driver update again, I know that the settings are all correct but the Windows icon is saying that no speakers or headphones are plugged in).

post-155575-0-20835200-1434537225_thumb.

post-155575-0-47188000-1434537456_thumb.

Long story short, the 650 ti struggles (25-70, probably due to it running on PCIe Gen 2.0 x2) when it rains in Minecraft - its a 60-80FPS card at full settings, 16 chunks.

Well its on 353.06 and everything seems to be fine now. Though they audio shouldn't have stopped working in the first place.

PMSL

Hi everyone, im looking to purchase a pc and wondered if the gigabyte GA-H81M-S2H motherboard could support the Gtx 970 G1 Windforce gpu?

Any help appreciated, thanks.

Hi everyone, im looking to purchase a pc and wondered if the gigabyte GA-H81M-S2H motherboard could support the Gtx 970 G1 Windforce gpu?

Any help appreciated, thanks.

Well I've run my GTX 970 on an ancient and dirt cheap (when new and when I got it for nothing) P5K-VM, so yes it can. What's your case like though? It might not fit the G1 Gaming, and what CPU are you using?

PMSL

Looking to get this pc..all specs are on the website if you dont mind checking it out

http://www.freshtechsolutions.co.uk/intel-core-i5-4460-1tb-8gb-1600mhz-gtx-970-4gb-core-computer-gaming-pc.html

Getit!!!Getit!!!Getit!!!Getit!!!Getit!!!

That's far better than the Computer I had built for me (better case, PSU, CPU and a far better graphics card-and it seems to cost around the same too).

PMSL

Just checked the case specs on amazon and it can support gpus's upto 350mm and the 970 G1 is 312mm this case can definitely fit it! Going to order that Pc without the standard 970 and buy the 970 G1 Windforce and fit it myself :D

Only problem now is I'll have to wait another few weeks before I can order it :'( But I've definitely made my mind up about this Pc!

Looking to run games at 1440p Ultra settings with the 970 G1 Windforce hopefully or even 4k high settings if it can run at 30fps

I want to water cool my pc! but it is a bit expensive. does anyone have a valid ekwb discount code i could use please?

So im curious as to how uncommon this is but i got the MSI gtx 970 100me card and it overclocked 1700mhz core without touching voltage or memory and ran through valley for an hour with no issues at all my mind kinda melted trying to comprehend that overclock

This was on the factroy twin frozr V cooler btw and the card maxed out ay 67c

So im curious as to how uncommon this is but i got the MSI gtx 970 100me card and it overclocked 1700mhz core without touching voltage or memory and ran through valley for an hour with no issues at all my mind kinda melted trying to comprehend that overclock

This was on the factroy twin frozr V cooler btw and the card maxed out ay 67c

Screen shot please :)

My problem with my GTX 970. I can turn up the GPU in MSI Afterburner but my max clock is around 1470mhz. My ram does over 600+ 8200+mhz effective memory. I watch my clocks in game in my Logitech G15 LCD display while gaming. I have had my 970 for about two weeks so I am still testing the card.

Ryzen 5600 Be Quiet! PureBase500DX  CoolerMaster MasterLiquid 240mm RGB  Asus ROG Strix B450-F  1660 Super  Crucial DDR4 32GB 2x16 3800mhz  SK Hynix Gold P31 1TB NVMe  Seagate Barracuda 3TB  Mechanical Keyboard Red switches Logitech G502 mouse  EVGA Supernova 750w GA gold   32" Acer curved 1440p 144hz  MSI 32" Curved 1440p165hz  Aopen 32" 1440p 144hz

My problem with my GTX 970. I can turn up the GPU in MSI Afterburner but my max clock is around 1470mhz. My ram does over 600+ 8200+mhz effective memory. I watch my clocks in game in my Logitech G15 LCD display while gaming. I have had my 970 for about two weeks so I am still testing the card.

What's the ASIC score? The higher it is, the more you can overclock on air/water and so on.

PMSL

What's the ASIC score? The higher it is, the more you can overclock on air/water and so on.

70.7% ASIC quality for my 970. 

Ryzen 5600 Be Quiet! PureBase500DX  CoolerMaster MasterLiquid 240mm RGB  Asus ROG Strix B450-F  1660 Super  Crucial DDR4 32GB 2x16 3800mhz  SK Hynix Gold P31 1TB NVMe  Seagate Barracuda 3TB  Mechanical Keyboard Red switches Logitech G502 mouse  EVGA Supernova 750w GA gold   32" Acer curved 1440p 144hz  MSI 32" Curved 1440p165hz  Aopen 32" 1440p 144hz

Have you tried to OC the core without a VRAM OC?

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800x3D | MoBo: MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | RAM: G.Skill F4-3600C15D-16GTZ @3800CL16 | GPU: RTX 2080Ti | PSU: Corsair HX1200 | 

Case: Lian Li 011D XL | Storage: Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB, Crucial MX500 500GB | Soundcard: Soundblaster ZXR | Mouse: Razer Viper Mini | Keyboard: Razer Huntsman TE Monitor: DELL AW2521H @360Hz |

Have you tried to OC the core without a VRAM OC?

I will give that a shot. I don't know what to make of my ASIC score of 70.7

Ok, I got the party cranked up to 1553mhz. I was not turing up the GPU enough in MSI Afterburner. I do get some crashes but I think it may be the game and not my graphics card. I have no artifacts but turned the memory down to +550 which is 8150mhz effective memory. What is a good air cooled GPU OC for the 970?