Why does the 970/980 coil whine with Core15?

LOL yep, mine is singing away as it helps find the cure! :P

Guess I will just have to live with it for now, hopefully soon enough we will only have core 17+ WU's out there.  Just gotta plow through these and keep my headphone on/pause when I am in the room :)

I have been getting Core 15 projects all weekend for my GPU, it seems like. I guess they are having a priority of 'em right now.

Huh, well maybe its a memorial day gift, but have got like 4 x17's in a row after two days of nothing but 15's :P

Edit: Oh - and yep, all have been silent... 

Huh, well maybe its a memorial day gift, but have got like 4 x17's in a row after two days of nothing but 15's :P

Edit: Oh - and yep, all have been silent... 

If you check the folding stats over the weekend, then you can see that LTT dropped from an 30+ Million PPD down to 22 million for Saturday/Sunday.

This to me is a clear indication that they prioritized Core 15 projects over this last weekend.

They should create an option for you to only receive core 15 units. While I don't like the whine, I actually prefer doing those, as it doesn't eat up all of my CPUs (unlike 17). That way, I'd have more free cycles for BOINC.

Want to help researchers improve the lives on millions of people with just your computer? Then join World Community Grid distributed computing, and start helping the world to solve it's most difficult problems!

Which GPU Cooler are you using? Also, it could be the voltage control.

The ...'stock' G1 Windforce cooler.  I have messed with overvolting, underclocking (which DID make it more quiet, but it was still there just less) no noise on games, benchmarks, core 17, etc.  Even got some core 18's over the weekend and still silent!

gigabyte_gtx970g1_4.jpg