New home theater/AV room

My family is building a new house and with that I get to design a home theater room.

post-78062-0-45341600-1426075721.jpg

As seen in the layout this room is medium sized.

It is on the top floor so there will be sunlight during the daytime, because of which a projector might not be the best option.

My idea is to have a big 70+ inch 4k tv, a htpc which may be used to play games at 4k and to use as xbmc at other times, and a good avr to connect a nice 7.1 surround speaker system.

I need suggestions for what kind of tv, htpc specs, speaker system, and anything else i might need to add.

What i have in mind right now:

LG 4k oled tv, since i love new oled colors, and it has hdmi 2.0 support.

PC: 4960k

2x 970 STRIX.. housed in a corsair 760T

AVR:Marantz NR1605 AV reciever

Speakers KEF T305.

Any additions or changes or suggestions are greatly appreciated.

PS: should I get acoustic treatment/soundproofing done for the room??

I dont think I need a console but i might just buy one if the Pc gaming experience is unsatisfactory(wii u maybe).

the lift?!!

Cpu : AMD Ryzen 3 1200 (3.8Ghz), Motherboard : Gigabyte AB350 Gaming 3 - RAM : 8GB DDR4 2933 Team (Vulkan) memory, GPU : MSI GTX 980 4GB Case : Antec P50, Storage : 120GB Samsung SSD, 3TB WD Blue, PSU : 530w Thermaltake SPS-530MPC, Cooling : Artic freezer Pro 7, OS : Windows 10. 

How high is the ceiling?

i would definitely sound insulate the room and provide heavy light blocking curtains to the rear window to control the light.

CD Transport: Oppo 105 > RCA: Morrow MA1 / HDMI > Processor: Primare SP33 > RCA: Morrow MA1 > Amplifier: Elektra Theatron 7 > Speaker Cables: Neotech > Speakers: Monitor Audio RS8

If you are going full on stereo 15.4 dolby with DTS and lasers and whatever...

I think it twould be better to sound isolate the room.

above post, genkifd makes a good point.

And a popcorn machine :) 

Cieling is 10 feet

And the ceiling and floor is made of?

@.spider. Ceiling and floors are just concrete.. So i can use any material and style I wish to

@Stadiz no place for popcorn machine.. Trying to keep the room as spacious and clean as possible.. Minimum no. of devices outside.. All either enclosed into furniture or concealed.

Also, could you suggest a 15.4 system? Imo the room is too small for a system that big.

And the ceiling and floor is made of?

its an under construction site, so I have freedom to choose whatever style i want.

@.spider. Ceiling and floors are just concrete

Oh that's bad, you should use thick carpet on the wall and floor.

And bass traps which are tuned for low frequencies, they are quite easy and cheap to build. It's just one or more packs of sonorock covered with fabric.

Oh that's bad, you should use thick carpet on the wall and floor.

And bass traps which are tuned for low frequencies, they are quite easy and cheap to build. It's just one or more packs of sonorock covered with fabric.

concrete means, no material is put on the floor at the moment.

i can get any kind of flooring and/or carpeting there, also i can get any kind of wall/caeiling noise dampening and acoustics materials fit here.

The building itself isn't made out of concrete?

Here are some absorption factor shttp://logacustica.com/en/coeficientes-de-absorcao-sonora-sound-absorption-coefficients/

High frequencies are easy to absorb for the low frequencies you could build some bass traps

http://www.bobgolds.com/Absorber/home.htm

You could also hire a sound engineer for an hour who tells you what to do.

The ~250£ could be a good investment if you want to live in that house for a long time.

@Stadiz no place for popcorn machine.. Trying to keep the room as spacious and clean as possible.. Minimum no. of devices outside.. All either enclosed into furniture or concealed.

Also, could you suggest a 15.4 system? Imo the room is too small for a system that big.

I dont even know if its even possible to put 15.4 does even exist?! 

For a cinema room you better ask someone else opinion, I am no expert in this.

If I had such room I would go with 2 front speakers and then go 5 extra around the room.

For subwoofer I should go seek an expert which ones are good because i heard good subwoofer is key too a great cinemaroom.

7.1 system would be neat.

btw i'll just bring over some popcorn.

I dont even know if its even possible to put 15.4 does even exist?!

For a cinema room you better ask someone else opinion, I am no expert in this.

If I had such room I would go with 2 front speakers and then go 5 extra around the room.

For subwoofer I should go seek an expert which ones are good because i heard good subwoofer is key too a great cinemaroom.

7.1 system would be neat.

btw i'll just bring over some popcorn.

Will do.

And you are always welcome, as long as you dont bring tomato popcorn. :)

My family is building a new house and with that I get to design a home theater room.

As seen in the layout this room is medium sized.

It is on the top floor so there will be sunlight during the daytime, because of which a projector might not be the best option.

My idea is to have a big 70+ inch 4k tv, a htpc which may be used to play games at 4k and to use as xbmc at other times, and a good avr to connect a nice 7.1 surround speaker system.

I need suggestions for what kind of tv, htpc specs, speaker system, and anything else i might need to add.

What i have in mind right now:

LG 4k oled tv, since i love new oled colors, and it has hdmi 2.0 support.

PC: 4960k

2x 970 STRIX.. housed in a corsair 760T

AVR:Marantz NR1605 AV reciever

Speakers KEF T305.

Any additions or changes or suggestions are greatly appreciated.

PS: should I get acoustic treatment/soundproofing done for the room??

I dont think I need a console but i might just buy one if the Pc gaming experience is unsatisfactory(wii u maybe).

have a look at pioneer avr's very good sound and options I have the vsx923k  7.2 support for 4k pass-through you can go on a higher end avr if need I recommend them they have the option for a few zones set up  

When i'm not playing PC games i'm playing with my PC parts  Fans,Pumps,Filters,  :wub:  :wub:  :wub: 

have a look at pioneer avr's very good sound and options I have the vsx923k 7.2 support for 4k pass-through you can go on a higher end avr if need I recommend them they have the option for a few zones set up

Does it have hdmi 2.0 for 4k60fps??

That is kind of the only requirement I have from the avr since i dont have very huge sound system.. I'm trying to keep the room as uncluttered and organised and clean looking as possible

@slenderman379  VSX-924-K (and u can get better then me :P ) the SC series I mean, I think its better

7.2-Channel AV Receiver with Ultra HD 4K Upscaling/Pass Through, DSD Playback, Subwoofer EQ, Spotify Connect, Built-in AVNavigator and Bluetooth (Black)

4K (MAIN ZONE) Up to 4K60p, 4:4:4, 24-bit

4K Dual (MAIN/HD ZONE) Up to 4K60p, 4:2:0, 24-bit

I can say about the vsx923k the low pass to the sub is one of the better ones I have heard strong low bass (but I guess u can go lower ex fan subwoofer)

Edited by Benielishackove

When i'm not playing PC games i'm playing with my PC parts  Fans,Pumps,Filters,  :wub:  :wub:  :wub: 

but does this Pioneer support HDCP 2.2, DTS X, Atmos and Auro3D?

one thing not so great about the Pioneer is that the automatic sound calibration. Where Audessy XT32 is much better.

CD Transport: Oppo 105 > RCA: Morrow MA1 / HDMI > Processor: Primare SP33 > RCA: Morrow MA1 > Amplifier: Elektra Theatron 7 > Speaker Cables: Neotech > Speakers: Monitor Audio RS8

Lift means elevator.. English UK

Cieling is 10 feet

God I wish I had a house like yours. ELEVATORS FTW! (Huge Elevator Fan)

Numbre

one thing not so great about the Pioneer is that the automatic sound calibration. Where Audessy XT32 is much better.

well if you have the money, go have fun honey !

Could you please link this xt32..there is no clear documentation or site for this.. Tried googling many ways..