DirectX12 AMD and Nvidia Multi-GPU Configurations Confirmed

CM2546

Originally, Tom's hardware posted an article claiming to have an inside source at Microsoft saying that Nvidia and AMD Multi-GPU Configurations would be possible. 

EDIT: The more exciting part of this news for me is it in a way confirms the split frame rendering system that will allow us to use older and unmatched cards together and will also give us (Theoretically) perfect scaling.

I recently was helping a friend out who's keyboard's drivers didn't work and was talking to a Microsoft rep who told me this:

post-172393-0-56518600-1426041327_thumb.

Neato

Intel Core i7-5820K (4.4 GHz) | Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB  | 2x 360mm Custom Loop (Noctua iPPC) | ASRock X99 Extreme6 | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB | Fractal Design Define S | Corsair HX750 | Windows 10 | Corsair M65 RGB PRO | Corsair K70 RGB LUX (CherryMX Brown) | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro & Creative Sound Blaster Z | Nexus 6P (32GB Aluminium) | Check out my setup: Project Kalte Here!

Very interesting! Though I guarentee Nvidia would never let this happen.

I'm that guy with the GPD Win.

"it will support" does not mean AMD and nvidia will allow it with their drivers

so you can be sure that its not going to happen any time soon

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

You're a bit slow to the punch OP.

Shot through the heart and you're to blame, 30fps and i'll pirate your game - Bon Jovi

Take me down to the console city where the games are blurry and the frames are thirty - Guns N' Roses

Arguing with religious people is like explaining to your mother that online games can't be paused...

Brilliant, now to hope like hell that devs see the light and stop this 'optimized for 1 brand' shit.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

Well that's something new from a Rep for a change. Although it could just be a rep with misread information, just like what we've been going off for this entire Multi GPU thing.

Professional Graphics Designer | Case: NZXT Phantom Orange and Black | Motherboard: MSI SLI PLUS X99S

CPU: Intel i7 5820K | Graphics Card: Zotac nVidia 1080 AMP!

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4 2400Mhz | Storage: Samsung 850 PRO 256GB, Western Digital Black 3TB & Western Digital Red 3TB | 

Monitors: Acer Predator XB271HU 27", Acer Predator XB270HAbprz 27" and BenQ GL240 24" | PSU: Corsair AX860i |

I just feel like Nvidia will find a way for this to not happen. 

Angel L (someone with a chinese name given an american name for tech support) will diffidently be in trouble if this leaks

eGPU Setup: Macbook Pro 13" 16GB DDR3 RAM, 512GB SSD, i5 3210M, GTX 980 eGPU

New PC: i7-4790k, Corsair H100iGTX, ASrock Fatal1ty Z97 Killer, 24GB Ram, 850 EVO 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD, GTX 1080 Fractal Design R4, EVGA Supernova G2 650W

The person could have just looked as the same information that we have seen, thus parroting the same thing we've already been told. Talking to someone from customer support isn't confirmation.

"The of and to a in is I that it for you was with on as have but be they"

Very interesting! Though I guarentee Nvidia would never let this happen.

so amd discrete gpu and intel igpu dual gpu?

Ok, now ask if the vram would add up in SLI/CF...

Intel Core i9-9900K | Asrock Phantom Gaming miniITX Z390 | 32GB GSkill Trident Z DDR4@3600MHz C17 | EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Watercooled | Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2 SSD | Crucial MX500 2TB SSD | Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 1000W | anidees AI Crystal Cube White V2 | Corsair M95 | Corsair K50 | Beyerdynamic DT770 Pros 250Ohm

Angel L (someone with a chinese name given an american name for tech support) will diffidently be in trouble if this leaks

You know, because "L" can't stand for Lee or Lim, both perfectly reasonable and common (even in the US) Asian last names. And what ever made Angel a non-asian name?

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

so amd discrete gpu and intel igpu dual gpu?

That could actually be pretty cool!! It might actually be beneficial to buy a CPU with onboard graphics. 

Of course it could end up like AMD Hybrid Crossfire, which is pretty bad.

I'm that guy with the GPD Win.

It's Tech Support.

Sooooo..... I'm still skeptical.

The problem is that this is an nVidia product and scoring any nVidia product a "zero" is also highly predictive of the number of nVidia products the reviewer will receive for review in the future.

On 2015-01-28 at 5:24 PM, Victorious Secret said:

Only yours, you don't shitpost on the same level that we can, mainly because this thread is finally dead and should be locked.

On 2016-06-07 at 11:25 PM, patrickjp93 said:

I wasn't wrong. It's extremely rare that I am. I provided sources as well. Different devs can disagree. Further, we now have confirmed discrepancy from Twitter about he use of the pre-release 1080 driver in AMD's demo despite the release 1080 driver having been out a week prior.

On 2016-09-10 at 4:32 PM, Hikaru12 said:

You apparently haven't seen his responses to questions on YouTube. He is very condescending and aggressive in his comments with which there is little justification. He acts totally different in his videos. I don't necessarily care for this content style and there is nothing really unique about him or his channel. His endless dick jokes and toilet humor are annoying as well.

You know, because "L" can't stand for Lee or Lim, both perfectly reasonable and common (even in the US) Asian last names.

I don't know of Microsoft does this, but most companies will give workers american names for chat and phone services

eGPU Setup: Macbook Pro 13" 16GB DDR3 RAM, 512GB SSD, i5 3210M, GTX 980 eGPU

New PC: i7-4790k, Corsair H100iGTX, ASrock Fatal1ty Z97 Killer, 24GB Ram, 850 EVO 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD, GTX 1080 Fractal Design R4, EVGA Supernova G2 650W

So this means my 4 way SLI and 4 way crossfire build will actually work?!

Time to buy a 12K monitor

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

i say even if it is supported NV wouldn't let it happen based on the fact that in the past they have disable having a main amd/nvidia hybird. Or they might just disable features that come with their card if they detect a competing company's card.

CPU amd phenom ii x4 965 @ 3.4Ghz | Motherboard msi 970a-g46 | RAM 2x 4GB Team Elite | GPU XFX Radeon HD 7870 DD | Case NZXT Gamma Classic | HDD 750 GB Hitachi | PSU ocz modxstream pro 600w

Ya she googled your question and found the toms hardware article, and then she told you what the article speculated!!  :P

"Its the circle.......the circle of life"

They said it's possible. That doesn't mean Nvidia and/or AMD will support it.

Nothing new here.

This is pretty much already confirmed, the thing is the game developers would have to allow their game to work with it.

what will be the benefit/s from this?

aside from both cuda and opencl...stacked vram(?), and will gpu's workload be paralleled? (<-- obvious he doesn't know what he's talking about)

rep might just be stating something from a paper..can't say if this is confirmation enough

I'm still skeptical, but if it proves to be true, wow.  We are entering a really exciting time for PC gaming!

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."