CaseLabs SM8 build

tommi_6o

This is my first custom water-cooled build. I will be glad to get some tips from more experienced water cooling guys. I didn't remember to take pictures from the start but I will be taking them from now on. I have already mounted the radiators and fans and painted the fan rings green. The next step is to install the new pump res combo and remove the AIO cooler from the Cpu and replace it with the EK Cpu water block.

Parts I already have:

Case: CaseLabs SM8

Cpu: 3770k (I might be upgrading to 5820k or to 5770k when it comes out)

Mb: Asus P8Z77-V LK (I will upgrade this too if I change my cpu)

Psu: XFX Core Edition Pro 850W (I might be changing this too)

Fans: 10x Corsair SP120 quiet edition and a Corsair AF120 quiet edition

Radiators: Alphacool Nexxos monsta 360 and 420.

Fittings: Alphacool compression fittings and a couple no name fittings

Cpu block: EK Supremacy EVO Acetal

Pump: Laing D5 with EK X-RES combo 250mm and a EK D5 Cover Kit

Parts I have to get:

Gpu: 2 Titan X's

Gpu water blocks: EK full cover block

post-80418-0-67838800-1426010249_thumb.j

post-80418-0-45485600-1435618094_thumb.j

post-80418-0-74519600-1435618125_thumb.j

post-80418-0-86342300-1441029957_thumb.j

post-80418-0-37010700-1441029963_thumb.j

post-80418-0-12278100-1441029970_thumb.j

14 years old, 5k+ build.. holy shit..

dual titans should be more than enough but hey, since this looks like isnt your money, go for id(i would :P)

anyways, lets see how this turns out!.. good luck!

Project "Gene5is" | Asus Maximus VI Formula | i7 4790k | 2 x GTX 780 Ti Classified in SLI | 16Gb. Corsair Dominator Platinum @1866Mhz. | 512GB. Samsung 850 PRO | 2 x 2Tb. WD Caviar Black | Corsair AX1200 | Asus Xonar Essence STX | KRK Rokit 6 Gen 3 + KRK K10S Sub | Logitech G 710+ |

Logitech G500s | Caselabs Magnum SMA8 | Corsair 200MM Extended 

"Roamer" MSI GT 72 | Intel Core i7-4720HQ | GTX 980M 8Gb. | 128Gb. M2 SSD | 16Gb. 1600Mhz. | 1Tb. HDD

14 years old, 5k+ build.. holy shit..

dual titans should be more than enough but hey, since this looks like isnt your money, go for id(i would :P)

anyways, lets see how this turns out!.. good luck!

Please don't buy Titan X's...

Titans are more workstation + gaming cards.. I doubt you need workstation cards at 14..

If the Titan X's cost 999€ I will get 3 of them to run triple 4k. 12gb frame buffer is needed to run that enormous resolution, but I have to see the benchmarks first. If they can't run triple 4k I'm going with two cheaper gm200 gpus and a single 4k monitor.

If the Titan X's cost 999€ I will get 3 of them to run triple 4k. 12gb frame buffer is needed to run that enormous resolution, but I have to see the benchmarks first. If they can't run triple 4k I'm going with two cheaper gm200 gpus and a single 4k monitor.

Triple 4K.. That doesn't exist...

Nothing can run 12K....

If you're 14, you really shouldn't try a custom loop.

Nothing can run 12K....

If 4 Titan Blacks can run triple 4k I think 3 Titan x will be able to run it just fine. There isn't anything too hard about building a custom loop and the only way to get good and quiet overlocks is to use custom water cooling.

If 4 Titan Blacks can run triple 4k I think 3 Titan x will be able to run it just fine. There isn't anything too hard about building a custom loop and the only way to get good and quiet overlocks is to use custom water cooling.

Triple 4K doesn't exist..

Just understood what you meant.. it can run it but games, aint gunna happen..

That's not true at all either..

Triple 4K doesn't exist..

Just understood what you meant.. it can run it but games, aint gunna happen..

That's not true at all either..

Did you look at the gaming benchmarks in the thread I linked to you?

Nothing can run 12K....

Why?

I'm 15 and did a loop.

It's not that hard.

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

1310576301803.jpg

in that case, 3-4 titans x would be good i guess...

even tho i already tried the 4k experience and whatnot, i must say, according to MY experience, i would much rather get 1 or 2 titans and play on 3 1080p 144hz monitors... or 1440p @ 144hz monitors if you manage to get one of those rog swifts or something like that!..

144hz its a whole different story.. its so much better than anything else ive tried before... i guess ill go with 4k once there is decent/cheaper hardware available to run that res smoothly and once there are 100+ hz 4k monitors available.. i believe i will be waiting for a couple more years though :P

and here, you are right... you can read as much as you want but imo, experience comes with practice, friend.

i remember the first time i build a custom loop.. it was much less fancy than this one but it was mine indeed!... gl with your project, cant wait to see how you pull this one off!

Project "Gene5is" | Asus Maximus VI Formula | i7 4790k | 2 x GTX 780 Ti Classified in SLI | 16Gb. Corsair Dominator Platinum @1866Mhz. | 512GB. Samsung 850 PRO | 2 x 2Tb. WD Caviar Black | Corsair AX1200 | Asus Xonar Essence STX | KRK Rokit 6 Gen 3 + KRK K10S Sub | Logitech G 710+ |

Logitech G500s | Caselabs Magnum SMA8 | Corsair 200MM Extended 

"Roamer" MSI GT 72 | Intel Core i7-4720HQ | GTX 980M 8Gb. | 128Gb. M2 SSD | 16Gb. 1600Mhz. | 1Tb. HDD

1310576301803.jpg

in that case, 3-4 titans x would be good i guess...

even tho i already tried the 4k experience and whatnot, i must say, according to MY experience, i would much rather get 1 or 2 titans and play on 3 1080p 144hz monitors... or 1440p @ 144hz monitors if you manage to get one of those rog swifts or something like that!..

144hz its a whole different story.. its so much better than anything else ive tried before... i guess ill go with 4k once there is decent/cheaper hardware available to run that res smoothly and once there are 100+ hz 4k monitors available.. i believe i will be waiting for a couple more years though :P

and here, you are right... you can read as much as you want but imo, experience comes with practice, friend.

i remember the first time i build a custom loop.. it was much less fancy than this one but it was mine indeed!... gl with your project, cant wait to see how you pull this one off!

I have now 3 1080p ips monitors overlocked to 67hz in portrait or landscape but 1080p isn't cutting it for me. 144hz is out of question because of tn and the new 144hz ips monitors are probably going to cost the same as 4k ips monitors. My plan is to go with triple 4k RoG Swifts and overclock them to 75hz.

post-80418-0-55309500-1426084947_thumb.j

how are you paying for all of this? Are your parents ridiculously rich? Did you win a shit load of money? Do loaded relatives give you money for everything you want? Have you saved all of this up by doing multiple jobs and never spending any money ever? If you are paying for this by yourself, without any aid from anyone, then please tell me how you did this.

how are you paying for all of this? Are your parents ridiculously rich? Did you win a shit load of money? Do loaded relatives give you money for everything you want? Have you saved all of this up by doing multiple jobs and never spending any money ever? If you are paying for this by yourself, without any aid from anyone, then please tell me how you did this.

Save everything you get. Do work around the house. Get a part time job.

-snip-

What desk is that? Looks interesting...

It's not a bug, it's an undocumented feature!

• 2 weeks later...

I decided to go with two Titan X's because I didn't want to upgrade my mobo, cpu, ram and power supply. (Hoping my current 850W is enough for two bios hacked Titan X's) I'm waiting for EVGA ones to be in stock. Water loop is done except for the gpus. I'll be using green fluid when I get the gpus installed in the water loop.

post-80418-0-30830200-1427141287_thumb.j

post-80418-0-86169900-1427143576_thumb.j

post-80418-0-30830200-1427141287_thumb.j

post-80418-0-86169900-1427143576_thumb.j

• 3 months later...

Loop is done for now. I will be doing acrylic tubing during my summer vacation. Hopefully Mayhems releases their new green pastel coolant soon because it would look awesome in my rig. I realy have to get rid of that ugly blue motherboard. We'll see if skylake is worth the upgrade.

post-80418-0-28414500-1435436345.jpeg

post-80418-0-78577900-1435436762_thumb.j

Indeed. It's interesting how far one can get by being disciplined with overall

spending, doing some paid work here and there and being patient until enough

money is saved up.

Also, nice to see a fellow Caselabs owner. :D

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic

Stop living life so you can build a computer. Yeah man, great idea. I can see the chicks queueing up for you.

Area 51 2014. Intel 5820k@ 4.4ghz. MSI X99.16gb Quad channel ram. AMD Fury X.Asus RAIDR.OCZ ARC 480gb SSD. Velociraptor 600gb. 2tb WD.

Indeed. It's interesting how far one can get by being disciplined with overall

spending, doing some paid work here and there and being patient until enough

money is saved up.

Also, nice to see a fellow Caselabs owner. :D

You can't go wrong with CaseLabs.