3D Printing a Headphone Hook for a Case!

NerdNinja

Hey guys!

So a little back story here, It'll be short I promise ;)

So soon after receiving my ATH-M50's I decided I needed some sort of headphone stand for them. Being without money, I quickly made one out of Knex that we had and went along with that.

Just recently, however, I took a class in High School that allowed me access to a 3d Printer! The Makerbot Replicator X2 I believe. And thus I came up with the idea to make use of my unused 5.25" drive bay and print a headphone hook for it! Complete with some LTT branding!

You can find pictures and the STL file in the link below.

Hope you guys enjoy!

http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:712150

The year is 20XX. Everyone plays Fox at TAS levels of perfection. Because of this, the winner of a match depends solely on port priority. The RPS metagame has evolved to ridiculous levels due to it being the only remaining factor to decide matches.

Only Abate, Axe, and Wobbles can save us.

lol it looks like a dildo

My Rig  

PCPartPicker part list: http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/kGNksY

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($379.00 @ shopRBC) 

CPU Cooler: RAIJINTEK THEMIS 65.7 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  ($34.99 @ NCIX) 

Motherboard: MSI CSM-H87M-G43 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($78.83 @ DirectCanada) 

Memory: Kingston HyperX 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($139.99 @ Memory Express) 

Storage: Kingston Fury 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($71.34 @ DirectCanada) 

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($92.95 @ Vuugo) 

Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon R9 280X 3GB Video Card  ($298.98 @ Newegg Canada) 

Case: Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($125.98 @ Newegg Canada) 

Power Supply: Corsair CX 600W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($66.99 @ NCIX) 

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 - 64-bit (OEM) (64-bit)  ($116.00 @ shopRBC) 

Case Fan: Cougar Turbine 120 (4-Pack) 60.4 CFM 120mm  Fans  ($23.99 @ NCIX) 

Monitor: HP 22xi 60Hz 21.5" Monitor  ($187.11 @ Amazon Canada) 

Keyboard: Logitech G710 Wired Gaming Keyboard  ($114.99 @ NCIX) 

Mouse: Razer DeathAdder 2013 Wired Optical Mouse  ($76.99 @ Amazon Canada) 

Headphones: Kingston HyperX Cloud Pro Headset  ($78.98 @ DirectCanada) 

Total: $2074.22

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when availableGenerated by PCPartPicker 2015-04-10 15:33 EDT-0400Build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/303263-the-dell-from-hell/#entry4121100 

Phone Compassion Spreadsheet https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1EN6s426gyxqPloIqT4wQ7Y7yovkkQy_5B3djVN-N-R8/edit#gid=0

Gta V Pc Online Crew http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/344773-unofficial-linus-tech-tips-gta-v-crew-pc/

IT'S NOT THAT BAD CMON!!!!!!!

:/ I tried.

The year is 20XX. Everyone plays Fox at TAS levels of perfection. Because of this, the winner of a match depends solely on port priority. The RPS metagame has evolved to ridiculous levels due to it being the only remaining factor to decide matches.

That's actually really cool.

Intel Core i7-5820K (4.4 GHz) | Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB  | 2x 360mm Custom Loop (Noctua iPPC) | ASRock X99 Extreme6 | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB | Fractal Design Define S | Corsair HX750 | Windows 10 | Corsair M65 RGB PRO | Corsair K70 RGB LUX (CherryMX Brown) | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro & Creative Sound Blaster Z | Nexus 6P (32GB Aluminium) | Check out my setup: Project Kalte Here!

Interesting usage.

You might want to give it some purples or pinks for that premium "headphone stand" look. ;)

-.- I hate all of you....

That's actually really cool.

THANK YOU!

wow.. i cant believe people say that looks like a dildo.. they obviously dont take CAD. i take it and that must have taken quite a bit of effort to make! it looks great! i love it

You sir, do not know what a dildo looks like

i do, it looks like a derpy one

My Rig  

PCPartPicker part list: http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/kGNksY

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($379.00 @ shopRBC) 

CPU Cooler: RAIJINTEK THEMIS 65.7 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  ($34.99 @ NCIX) 

Motherboard: MSI CSM-H87M-G43 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($78.83 @ DirectCanada) 

Memory: Kingston HyperX 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($139.99 @ Memory Express) 

Storage: Kingston Fury 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($71.34 @ DirectCanada) 

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($92.95 @ Vuugo) 

Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon R9 280X 3GB Video Card  ($298.98 @ Newegg Canada) 

Case: Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($125.98 @ Newegg Canada) 

Power Supply: Corsair CX 600W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($66.99 @ NCIX) 

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 - 64-bit (OEM) (64-bit)  ($116.00 @ shopRBC) 

Case Fan: Cougar Turbine 120 (4-Pack) 60.4 CFM 120mm  Fans  ($23.99 @ NCIX) 

Keyboard: Logitech G710 Wired Gaming Keyboard  ($114.99 @ NCIX) 

Mouse: Razer DeathAdder 2013 Wired Optical Mouse  ($76.99 @ Amazon Canada) 

Headphones: Kingston HyperX Cloud Pro Headset  ($78.98 @ DirectCanada) 

Total: $2074.22

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when availableGenerated by PCPartPicker 2015-04-10 15:33 EDT-0400Build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/303263-the-dell-from-hell/#entry4121100 

Phone Compassion Spreadsheet https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1EN6s426gyxqPloIqT4wQ7Y7yovkkQy_5B3djVN-N-R8/edit#gid=0

Gta V Pc Online Crew http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/344773-unofficial-linus-tech-tips-gta-v-crew-pc/

Nice work. I would probably make another design so that it prints with the layers going perpendicular to the wall. With your current design, the way the layers print make it weak at the point that comes out of the wall.

CPU: i7-4790K --- HEATSINK: NZXT Kraken X61 --- MOBO: Asus Z97-A --- GPU: GTX 970 Strix --- RAM: 16GB ADATA XPG --- SSD: 512GB MX100 | 256GB BX200 HDD: 1TB WD Black --- PSU: EVGA SuperNova G2 --- CASE: NZXT H440 --- DISPLAY3 x Dell U2414H --- KEYBOARD: Pok3r (Clears) --- MOUSE: Logitech G Pro --- OS: Windows 10

Nice work. I would probably make another design so that it prints with the layers going perpendicular to the wall. With your current design, the way the layers print make it weak at the point that comes out of the wall.

huh, never even thought of that. Were all kinda new to the 2d printer thing at my school.

i am impressed ! and shocked ! how come no one thought of this ! 

i am impressed ! and shocked ! how come no one thought of this ! 

I don't know! haha!

I was just looking at my Knex stand, that was always getting in the way and noticed that the front of my case is open and it would be the perfect place to mount a hook! :P

I don't know! haha!

I was just looking at my Knex stand, that was always getting in the way and noticed that the front of my case is open and it would be the perfect place to mount a hook! :P

Well its a great idea, thanks for sharing it ! 

How in gods name does this resemble a dildo lol?

Anyway, this would be of use to me but since my case has a front door I can't use it :(

GJ though :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Is there anything preventing multiple entries?

What happens if I have more than one entry in the top 10?

edit: replied to wrong thread

@NerdNinja - for a possible future revision, maybe make it so it could slide in and out of the bay area. If you prefer a (very) rough hand sketch I may be able to do so. In all honesty, I thought it would look stupid. Before ever looking I was just imagining this hook thing on the front of a computer, while it actually looks pretty cool. Nice work.

G²

• 2 weeks later...

@NerdNinja - for a possible future revision, maybe make it so it could slide in and out of the bay area. If you prefer a (very) rough hand sketch I may be able to do so. In all honesty, I thought it would look stupid. Before ever looking I was just imagining this hook thing on the front of a computer, while it actually looks pretty cool. Nice work.

Hey thanks for the suggestion :) I believe I know what you're talking about. Feel free to share a sketch ;)

I do like the UOLTT logo on the tip :P

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

I do like the UOLTT logo on the tip :P

Yea, I realized a mistake after I had started printing, but it looks fine :) I need to paint the groves so it sticks out more though :P