philips citiscape uptown review

Hi guys just a quick review about the Philips citiscape uptown.

I have had these for a about a month and so far love them will be updating as time goes by

post-9565-0-23659700-1372910517.jpg

Pros-

• They look very nice and sexy (at least i think they do im sure most people would agree with me)
  • They are very comfortable the ear cups sit comfortably over my ears and don't touch them they are using memory foam if im not mistaken and i can wear them for hours and not need to take them off
  • The flat ribbon cable doesn't tangle which is great
  • sound quality is very nice its pretty clear and has enough bass to make those techno song stand out but not so much where it's overpowering
  • the build quality of these is great it doesn't feel cheap in yours hands or if you drop them you know they wont break straight away
  • the headband is comfortable barely feels like your wearing the headphones.
  • the noise isolation is great it greatly minimizes the sound around you and when you start playing music u can't hear any at all unless its really loud other people cant hear your music either.
  • In my opinion the price seems fairly good considering how great these headphones are.

Cons-

• The volume could have been a bit louder although if you plug it in with a portable amp then it works great
  • the inline control i didn't like too much the pause button had a decent amount of lag before it actually paused the song and the volume slider doesn't completely turn the volume down only makes a bit quieter
  • no detachable cable
  • the packaging was a plastic box and inside were the headphones i personally think they could have put more money into the packaging but its not a deal breaker.

post-9565-0-41446600-1372911722.jpg

In conclusion i so far love these headphones they were well worth the money my genral use for them is listening to music in the car or playing games and on Skype during the night when.everyone is asleep i recommend these to anyone they are great. most philips headphones are overpriced or just not very good but i think these ones are the few exceptions which are amazing

price: i bought these headphones for $60 (aud) brand from clearance so i was really happy how ever normally these headphones go between $120 and $180 (aud) depending where you buy i got mine from ebay btw

if anyone has any questions about these headphones or has any comments about them or this thread please post them below i will most likely answer them all.

http://www.philips.com.au/c/headphones/uptown-over-ear-brown-shl5905bk_10/prd/

post-9565-0-23659700-1372910517.jpg

post-9565-0-41446600-1372911722.jpg

nice review #straya

PC: Corsair 900D | Corsair AX860 | Maxmius VI Hero | i7 4770k | Corsair H100i | 16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 2133 | Sapphire Radeon 7950 | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | Win7 X64

HTPC: Silverstone GD05 Black | Corsair VS350W | AMD A6 5400K | AsRock FM2A75-PRO4-M | Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB DDR3 1600 | Samsung 840 128GB | WD Black 4TBx2 | Leadtek Winfast DTV2000DS | LiteOn BD\DVD-RW Combo | WIN7 x64/XBMC

Woo $60 uptown club

Laptop Lenovo Thinkpad X220 - CPU: i5 2420m - RAM: 8gb - SSD: Samsung 830 - IPS screen Peripherals Monitor: Dell U2713HM - KB: Ducky shine w/PBT (MX Blue) - Mouse: Corsair M60

Audio Beyerdynamic DT990pro headphones - Audioengine D1 DAC/AMP - Swan D1080-IV speakers

Woo $60 uptown club

hahaha did you get it from the same ebay dealer which was selling it like a few weeks back or so?

hahaha did you get it from the same ebay dealer which was selling it like a few weeks back or so?

I think I might have recommended them to you in the audio forum... Got them on ebay :) for $60 they can't be beaten.

Laptop Lenovo Thinkpad X220 - CPU: i5 2420m - RAM: 8gb - SSD: Samsung 830 - IPS screen Peripherals Monitor: Dell U2713HM - KB: Ducky shine w/PBT (MX Blue) - Mouse: Corsair M60

Audio Beyerdynamic DT990pro headphones - Audioengine D1 DAC/AMP - Swan D1080-IV speakers

I think I might have recommended them to you in the audio forum... Got them on ebay :) for $60 they can't be beaten.

haha that is true i just went back to the thread thank you again for the recommendation :D

i don't suppose they are still available for that price? :P

PC: Corsair 900D | Corsair AX860 | Maxmius VI Hero | i7 4770k | Corsair H100i | 16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 2133 | Sapphire Radeon 7950 | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | Win7 X64

HTPC: Silverstone GD05 Black | Corsair VS350W | AMD A6 5400K | AsRock FM2A75-PRO4-M | Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB DDR3 1600 | Samsung 840 128GB | WD Black 4TBx2 | Leadtek Winfast DTV2000DS | LiteOn BD\DVD-RW Combo | WIN7 x64/XBMC

i don't suppose they are still available for that price? :P

From what i have seen not really they're averaging around $110 $120 something like that it was a clearance sale im pretty sure

From what i have seen not really they're averaging around $110 $120 something like that it was a clearance sale im pretty sure

Damn! Looks like u guys snagged a great deal

Damn! Looks like u guys snagged a great deal

hahah yeah but i think eventually there will be a clearance sale

• 1 year later...

Hi guys, i've found a store that has this headphones for 40€, would you guys consider this for gaming aswell? since it has a mic included?

Edit:Actually its this version "SHL5915". Same question applies :D Tyvm

Hi guys, i've found a store that has this headphones for 40€, would you guys consider this for gaming aswell? since it has a mic included?

Edit:Actually its this version "SHL5915". Same question applies :D Tyvm

unless your computer has a mic/headphone combo jack you will need to buy a splitter for it. the audio quality would be just fine for gaming it might be lacking in a bit of bass but thats about it as for the mic quality i have no idea probably best to look up some mic reviews.

How much is the normal price for this?

from what i have seen Australian price wise is $125

from what i have seen Australian price wise is $125

Ugh... Almost 5k PhP...

@ShearMe u want dis mang?

i buy u 1 for xmas bb

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

I'll take anything if it's free.

"anything"

When 2 things meet each other, Quantum stuff happens.