DSLR for €500 or less [EU only]

Hi!

I am probably not going to buy anything but I like to daydream every once in a while and I was wondering: What would be the best DSLR for €500 or less? I don't have enough money for one (so it would have to be a gift from my parents) and I already have a DSLR, it's not the newest and it was never the best but it's decent and I don't think my parents would be convinced a new one would be worth it, but eh, suggest anyway.

No preference at all between Nikon cameras or Canon cameras.

The camera must be €500 or less (2nd hand is fine and last gen too) and it must be from the EU and ship to Portugal.

Suggest away! :)

i'm a potato

You may be able to find a 700d/t5i in that price range. They go for roughly $700 usd

here is an example of the quality from a t5i. I shot this with the 18-55 is stm kit lens

qFk2Hxp.jpg

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

I have the Nikon D3300, which is about 450 euros. You could spend the rest on SD cards, a new strap, case, etc. It's a really nice compact DSLR and allows up to 1080p 60FPS. Here's an example photo I took.

http://i.imgur.com/3PIdw0w.jpgThe resolution is 6000x4000 so you can zoom in a lot.

GTX 980 Ti / 5820k / 16 GB DDR4 / 500 GB SSD / ATH-M50X

Hi!

I am probably not going to buy anything but I like to daydream every once in a while and I was wondering: What would be the best DSLR for €500 or less? I don't have enough money for one (so it would have to be a gift from my parents) and I already have a DSLR, it's not the newest and it was never the best but it's decent and I don't think my parents would be convinced a new one would be worth it, but eh, suggest anyway.

No preference at all between Nikon cameras or Canon cameras.

The camera must be €500 or less (2nd hand is fine and last gen too) and it must be from the EU and ship to Portugal.

Suggest away! :)

I would try to find a used D3300, you could then spend the rest on lenses, SD, tripod, camera bag.. etc.

You must "Quote" to get my attention​.

~IBIubbleTea - 20/07/2014 

You may be able to find a 700d/t5i in that price range. They go for roughly $700 usd

here is an example of the quality from a t5i. I shot this with the 18-55 is stm kit lens

qFk2Hxp.jpg

I have the Nikon D3300, which is about 450 euros. You could spend the rest on SD cards, a new strap, case, etc. It's a really nice compact DSLR and allows up to 1080p 60FPS. Here's an example photo I took.

http://i.imgur.com/3PIdw0w.jpgThe resolution is 6000x4000 so you can zoom in a lot.

I would try to find a used D3300, you could then spend the rest on lenses, SD, tripod, camera bag.. etc.

First of all, thank you all for the suggestions. Really appreciated! :)

I have kinda narrowed down my choices to three different ones:

• A D5200 with the 18mm-55mm kit lens for €477;
  • A D3300 with the 18mm-55mm kit lens for €420;
  • A D3300 with the 18mm-105mm kit lens for €520.

I didn't include any Canon ones because the 700D/T5i costs the same as the D3300 with the 105 lens so I decided to rule it out.

I can't really make up my mind. The D5200 has that multi-angle screen and the better focusing system, but the D3300 with the 105mm lens comes with a better lens out of the box and the D3300 with the 55mm lens would leave me with some money for stuff like a tripod or a good SD card (it also has 1080p60, but I'm fine with 720p60 too).

If you were in my situation which one would you choose and why?

Keep in mind I would be able to get a tripod in just a few months though.

i'm a potato

Panasonic G6. It is like a DSLR 2.0 without the mirror.

Intel 4790k | Asus Z97 Maximus VII Impact | Corsair Vengeance Pro Series 16 GB 1866Mhz | Asus Strix GTX 980 | CoolerMaster G550 |Samsung Evo 250GB | Synology DS215j (NAS) | Logitech G502 |

Good god, what happened? The amount of detail is atrocious.

• 3 weeks later...

Good god, what happened? The amount of detail is atrocious.

wat?

GTX 980 Ti / 5820k / 16 GB DDR4 / 500 GB SSD / ATH-M50X