Soo.... this is a GPU selling point now?

Arct1c0n

They're quiet fans too. I love them.

They're quiet fans too. I love them.

So are my "shoddy sleeved" Asus fans

I run a 560ti that's second hand and was under 24/7 load with it's previous owner, and is working most of the day now that I own it. Fans are a pretty decent selling point

The EVGA ACX 2.0 is pretty loud. The MSI Twin Frozr V is great and it would be the best thing ever if the Vram didn't run that hot. 

It's still fucking sexy. post-40010-0-66457800-1425690334.jpg

My Pc: Cpu: I7 4790k @ 4,8 Ghz @1,25 volts, Motherboard: Maximus VII Formula, Graphicscard: 2x Titan X @1,4 at stock voltage (soon to be replaced), Ram: 32 gb Corsair Dominator Platinum 2133 Cl 9, SSD: 2x 850 Pro 1 Tb in Raid 0, 2x Samsung 840 Evo 1 tb raid 1,, PSU: Corsair HXi Series 1000W 80+ Platinum, Case: H440. Soon to be watercooled again, maybe, probably, the Titans are too loud. 

The EVGA ACX 2.0 is pretty loud. The MSI Twin Frozr V is great and it would be the best thing ever if the Vram didn't run that hot.

It's still fucking sexy. attachicon.gifimg_0185.jpg

A bit of a hard sell to me when it has a shoddy plastic housing and no backplate vs it's competitors

So are my "shoddy sleeved" Asus fans

Who said they were "shoddy" sleeved? EVGA is just marketing theirs as superior since they apparently have some special sauce in it.

It's still fucking sexy. 

A bit of a hard sell to me when it has a shoddy plastic housing and no backplate vs it's competitors

The ACX 2.0 cooler is not loud and at least on the 980 it's full metal, not plastic.

The ACX 2.0 cooler is not loud and at least on the 980 it's full metal, not plastic.

Uhh.... Strix 980 is full metal, try again.

asus-strix.jpg

I didn't say the Strix was plastic.

You said: 

I was replying to that.

I wouldnt say that its the main selling point. It is a selling point though. Also ball bearings are known to be better in 24/7 scenario's vs even hydrodynamic.

Also I have cards that have had their fans go. I also have a Zalman cooler that ive had so long thet the DBB fan went and they found a replacement for me whoo!

the FTW and up cards do com with backplates. One thing that many peopel do forget or maybe dont know about is that EVGA as has top plates on almost all of their card since the 700 series ACX redesign.

It's still fucking sexy. attachicon.gifimg_0185.jpg

That at least in my opinion is not sexy to say the least. It like a riced out dodge neon. yes, not even a Honda Civic. Sexy is defined by the stock cooler. I would say that EVGA's ACX 2.0+ probably is the cleanest looking though of the newer after market ones.

Glorious G1 Gaming GtX 970/980 master race :P

I agree with you, your GPU will be a dinosaur when the Fans start to fail.

Msi better add that backplate when the r9 300 series arrive.

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

Only one DPA port tho =/. 

But yeah theres just no fucking excuse for no backplate on a 550 USD$ card. 

Intel 4790 K - R9 295X2 - Gigabyte Z97-SLI - Corsair Vengeance Pro Black 1866 CAL9 - Corsair HX 1000 -Samsung 850 EVO SSD - Samsung HDD - H100I - Corsair C70 - G400 Logitech - Asus VS247H - WASD custom mechanical and QCKPAD! 

Staples of LTT: Getting an 4690 K will resurrect your lost family members, AMD = More heat thus AMD = Satan. 

Glorious G1 Gaming GtX 970/980 master race :P

I agree with you, your GPU will be a dinosaur when the Fans start to fail.

Except those suck up so much more power than other brands if I recall for only a bit more OC.

I still have some EVGA cards with lifetime and 10 year warranties.

Also EVGA has allowed you to buy backplates for almost all of their cards for far longer than other brands have been including it. i do like their sandwich of front and back plate makes the card real stiff.

Power is such an insignificant fucking thing to say. Itll add like 5$ on your bill for a whole year if you have like 21 cents a kilowatt, who fucking cares. 

Intel 4790 K - R9 295X2 - Gigabyte Z97-SLI - Corsair Vengeance Pro Black 1866 CAL9 - Corsair HX 1000 -Samsung 850 EVO SSD - Samsung HDD - H100I - Corsair C70 - G400 Logitech - Asus VS247H - WASD custom mechanical and QCKPAD! 

Staples of LTT: Getting an 4690 K will resurrect your lost family members, AMD = More heat thus AMD = Satan. 

Power is such an insignificant fucking thing to say. Itll add like 5$ on your bill if you have like 21 cents a kilowatt, who fucking cares.

Agreed. If you're spending this amount of money on video cards and you are worrying about your power bill, then you definitely have your priorities screwed up.

I have a potato!

Again? When was I wrong before in this thread? Also that looks to be to the reference card, have any comparing it to other after market ones?

Also how can the temp be lower OCd than the stock, makes no sense unless they ramped those fans way up.

Power is such an insignificant fucking thing to say. Itll add like 5$ on your bill for a whole year if you have like 21 cents a kilowatt, who fucking cares.

Its actually not especially when comparing the same card with different OEM's. A higher efficiency would show a better built card, at least when it comes to power.

Agreed. If you're spending this amount of money on video cards and you are worrying about your power bill, then you definitely have your priorities screwed up.

Who said I was worried about the bill? also stuff like that adds up with multiple systems and devices if I were looking at it that way.

Who said I was worried about the bill? also stuff like that adds up with multiple systems and devices if I were looking at it that way.

Never pointed the post directly at you but as a general statement because I see a lot of people touting power consumption. Take it as you wish.

I have a potato!

It's amusing, the Strix, TF V, and G1 coolers are all better than ACX 2.0.