Gaming Laptop with gtx 980m and IPS 4k screen.

Vitek

So hard to find both in one laptop, because Schenker XMG P505 is the only one I was able to find at a cost of

I think you'd really want dual 980ms for 4k.

And then no-one's doing that. I hope that MSI will make a GT80 Titan 4k.

Sig under construction.

You're not going to be able to game properly at 2160p in most games on a laptop, even with 980m SLI!

If it even exists it would be extremely expensive (just like the one you found) and the 980m isn't enough for high settings 4k. And when you're paying 2600$ I suppose you'd want ultra... If I were you I'd settle for something less or just wait a couple of years for stuff to become more affordable.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

I think you'd really want dual 980ms for 4k.

And then no-one's doing that. I hope that MSI will make a GT80 Titan 4k.

Don't really expect to play every single new AAA title in 4k, it's more for a bit older games and to watch 4k movies and YouTube, I can also connect it to my 1080p 120hz monitor.

You're not going to be able to game properly at 2160p in most games on a laptop, even with 980m SLI!

tw0 980ms are a little better than a 980

My Cheap But Good Rig: I7-3770s, Intel Motherboard (actually made by intel), 16gb DDR3, Nvidia Gtx 1070, 250gb Samsung 850 EVO SSD, 750gb HDD, Evga 500 BR power supply

4K gaming for modern AAA games just isn't viable yet, especially on laptops. Unless you are playing League of Legends only, I'd say get something with a lower resolution.

So hard to find both in one laptop, because Schenker XMG P505 is the only one I was able to find at a cost of 2.6k (not even sure if they ship to US.) So I was wondering if you guys knew more, or if you heard any rumors on laptops with such insane specs releasing this year.

https://www.mythlogic.com/configure.php?id=166

Same system.

Much MUCH less expensive. US based company. BIOS will be mostly unlocked.

I have finally moved to a desktop. Also my guides are outdated as hell.

THE INFORMATION GUIDES: SLI INFORMATION || vRAM INFORMATION || MOBILE i7 CPU INFORMATION || Maybe more someday

4K gaming for modern AAA games just isn't viable yet, especially on laptops. Unless you are playing League of Legends only, I'd say get something with a lower resolution.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. CoP with mods to be exact, not the brand new games. I absolutely agree that 4k gaming just isn't here yet.

If it even exists it would be extremely expensive (just like the one you found) and the 980m isn't enough for high settings 4k. And when you're paying 2600$ I suppose you'd want ultra... If I were you I'd settle for something less or just wait a couple of years for stuff to become more affordable.

I want this for now, better than nothing, and later build a desktop if components will be worth the price. 2 years does sound about right.

I want this for now, better than nothing, and later build a desktop if components will be worth the price. 2 years does sound about right.

Why not build now? You could get a much more powerful rig PLUS a 4K monitor for less than you would pay for that laptop.

Build a desktop now, you can game at 4k ultra with half the money you would spend on this laptop or even less. Would you like me to cook up a build for you?

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Build a desktop now, you can game at 4k ultra with half the money you would spend on this laptop or even less. Would you like me to cook up a build for you?

Need something portable for the summer, want to try gaming outdoors even if it's gonna last 30 min on battery.

Why not build now? You could get a much more powerful rig PLUS a 4K monitor for less than you would pay for that laptop.

Need something portable for the summer, want to try gaming outdoors even if it's gonna last 30 min on battery, for that I'm willing to spend extra.

tw0 980ms are a little better than a 980

Yes and a 980 cannot handle 4K well at all in most games.

Need something portable for the summer, want to try gaming outdoors even if it's gonna last 30 min on battery.

Then I suggest you get something cheaper. Look at an asus g751 for example. Going for 4k on a laptop is a bad idea.

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Yes and a 980 cannot handle 4K well at all in most games.

980m sli has 1000 more cuda cores so it should be able to run 4k let alone not maxed out

My Cheap But Good Rig: I7-3770s, Intel Motherboard (actually made by intel), 16gb DDR3, Nvidia Gtx 1070, 250gb Samsung 850 EVO SSD, 750gb HDD, Evga 500 BR power supply

980m sli has 1000 more cuda cores so it should be able to run 4k let alone not maxed out

Yeah I should probably wait for one with that, or just ditch 4k completely.

Nope it really can't. Most AAA games will run at a sub par 30fps maxed out at 4k on a single 980.

Turn down AA and you could see an increase, however it will not be a 'playable' experience for someone who has paid so much money and expects the best experience. Turning down detail settings will just make the game look much more noticeably worse.

CUDA cores are more useful for tasks such as rendering rather than gaming.

Nope it really can't. Most AAA games will run at a sub par 30fps maxed out at 4k on a single 980.

Turn down AA and you could see an increase, however it will not be a 'playable' experience for someone who has paid so much money and expects the best experience. Turning down detail settings will just make the game look much more noticeably worse.

CUDA cores are more useful for tasks such as rendering rather than gaming.

what is with you and running maxed, you could run 4k maxed without anti aliasing with two 980ms and you would be fine. If you have a 4k display smaller than 20 inches and you need AA then dude......

what is with you and running maxed, you could run 4k maxed without anti aliasing with two 980ms and you would be fine. If you have a 4k display smaller than 20 inches and you need AA then dude......

You're not being very specific. Most games would not run 'fine' at 4K even with AA turned off using 2 980m's. 

'Fine' when spending over $2000 on a laptop is not 30-40fps remember. 

That makes my original point valid, because using AA at 4K on 2 980m's will not produce an acceptable framerate. 

You're not being very specific. Most games would not run 'fine' at 4K even with AA turned off using 2 980m's. 

'Fine' when spending over $2000 on a laptop is not 30-40fps remember. 

That makes my original point valid, because using AA at 4K on 2 980m's will not produce an acceptable framerate. 

But, it is just plain stupid to use AA at 4k on a screen that is smaller than 19 inches, you wont be able to see the pixels as easy, and at those resolutions AA wont make a noticeable difference

look at clevo/sager pcs or aftershock pc

customizable

but if u r gaming at hm, ghe the msi gs30 actually comes to use for the first time xD

Get a 4k monitor, a r9 295x2 and your set

ill personally go for 3k monitors as 18 inch dude the pixel density is crazy

“It would seem that Our Lord finds our desires not too strong, but too weak. We are half-hearted creatures, fooling about with drink and sex and ambition when infinite joy is offered us, like an ignorant child who wants to go on making mud pies in a slum because he cannot imagine what is meant by the offer of a holiday at the sea. We are far too easily pleased.”

―  C.S. Lewis  :)