H440, 140- or 120mm?

780blzit

Hi, I've got the NZXT H440 white&black case. And I'm just wondering what setup to use, 2x 140mm or 3x 120mm in fron and top?

Currenty I have a H80i in the top front one, in PnP, then 2x 120mm fans below it. One 120mm fan in the top and one 140mm in the back. 

If i want to achieve positive air pressure what fan config should i use?

Thank you.

Best regards, 

780blzit

I say keep the machine quiter and move more air through at the same time - go with x2 140mm fans. Replace the 120's anywhere you can, IMO.

Also, get the H80i the hell out of PnP... You really don't hear it crying at nights? Even Corsair doesn't recommend it on that kit! (In the product manual, look!)

Not to mention, even if the H80i was ok with PnP.. Honestly, why have it? I assure you, it's not helping you out any in this scenario. Hell, PnP rarely does.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

« Current PC ~ Phantom Beast »

.::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::.

I say keep the machine quiter and move more air through at the same time - go with x2 140mm fans. Replace the 120's anywhere you can, IMO.

Also, get the H80i the hell out of PnP... You really don't hear it crying at nights? Even Corsair doesn't recommend it on that kit! (In the product manual, look!)

heh, I plan on getting a NZXT Grid+ or just put a 5 or 7 volt resistor to the fan hub. So 2x 140mm fans in both front and top? And 1 in the back? Exhaust or intake?

It is really loud right now, I can't sleep with it on. I also plan on replacing the H80i and my PSU with something quiter, like a Dark rock pro 3 and g2 750w or something. 

Thank you for your opinion :)

I have this case and run it at positive air pressure.

I would just run one additional 140mm fan as intake in the top (I know what people say about top being exhaust, but this works great for this case, just buy a dust filter). If it works I would run your H80i as exhaust on back of the case. (I'm assuming PnP is push and pull)

My fan lay out is:

• 3 stock 120mm intake in front
  • 1 Aerocool DS 140mm intake on top
  • Kraken x41 with stock 140mm and Aerocool DS 140mm as push/pull exhaust

The system is pretty quiet overall, but you can still hear it humming at higher RPM.

Check out my build if you need pictures: http://pcpartpicker.com/b/3CkTwP

CPU i5-4690K(OC to 4.4Ghz) CPU Cooler NZXT Kraken x41 Motherboard MSI Z97 Gaming 5 Memory G.Skillz Ripjaws X 16gb 2133 Video Card MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X           Case NZXT H440 Power Supply XFX XTR 750W Modular Storage Samsung 840 EVO 250gb/Seagate Barracuda 2TB Monitor Acer XB270HU G-Sync http://pcpartpicker.com/b/3CkTwP

heh, I plan on getting a NZXT Grid+ or just put a 5 or 7 volt resistor to the fan hub. So 2x 140mm fans in both front and top? And 1 in the back? Exhaust or intake?

It is really loud right now, I can't sleep with it on. I also plan on replacing the H80i and my PSU with something quiter, like a Dark rock pro 3 and g2 750w or something. 

Thank you for your opinion :)

First of all, can you move the H80i to the Top? If so, I would. With a 140mm on Exhaust.

Front: x2 140mm on Intake(Corsair AF140s would be killer here.. IMO would dominate the current x3 120s)

Rear: 140mm on Exhaust.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

« Current PC ~ Phantom Beast »

.::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::.