Dumping out my video ideas...

So, a lot of video ideas have came across my mind and now I am finally writing them down. Please don't hate on me if you don't like an idea, as I'm not saying these ideas are the best in the world and must be made in to a video as soon as possible. Please reply down below with which idea you like, so that the message gets to the group and they see what we would like to see.

This is how my system works:

<category>

<my rating from 0 to 10: n/10>

<video idea "title">

<idea description>

And here are the ideas I thought were worth at least writing down.

LinusTechTips

10 - 11 / 10

Handy Tech Under $100

There's not much to talk about here, other than MAKE IT A REGULAR SERIES. Make this a weekly series or something like that.

8 - 9 / 10

A cheap server build

This would be a build video, but this time, they would be building a small server build. I don't know how much server builds cost, but I was thinking somewhere between $300 and at max $650. The purpose of this build would be up to them to decide, but not just a regular NAS (I'm not saying a NAS system wouldn't be nice to see done the LTT way, it just wasn't what I had in mind). Maybe this could be a build for hosting game server, that can be changed to a cloud storage or something like that... Basically, something a guy with a couple hundred bucks to burn would get himself to use for his needs (gaming, cloud...).

A casual "entry-level-gaming" monitor review

8.5 - 9 / 10

A review of a cheap monitor, that is just fine for a "normal" gamer. Something between $140 to $200. Basically a good (possibly a value monitor, up to them to decide) monitor with the gaming specs that will get you started (1080p, 60hZ, 5ms r.t.,...). This would be more of a bang-for-the-buck and value style review. Maybe a PLS panel (which is what I use, the S24D390 PLS) or definitely at least an IPS panel.

Techquickie

4 - 5 / 10

Connector sizes explained

First I was going with USB sizes explained, but that's not much for a whole episode, so I was thinking of throwing in some other connectors like audio, power, laptop, monitor or whatever else connectors are out there. I'm not so familiar with these, so they would have to choose something.

ChannelSuperFun

9 - 10 / 10

Scare trap / ambush

Linus and Luke (Berkel would also have to be in on it for better effect) would prepare a scare trap / ambush and ATTACK other members :). This would be pretty hilarious to see if done right. Of course, posting it on the forum kinda spoils the idea, but I'm sure they can find a moment when no one's expecting it and strike. It doesn't have to be Linus and Luke tho, since the other members are probably going to be reading this as well. You never know, who might be hiding in the shadows...

These are not all of my ideas, but it's all I can think of right now.

Please don't spam this topic with 200 pages of everyone posting the exact same thing I posted. And please think twice before posting a stupid idea.

Some good ideas right hereee.

Handy tech under $100 should not be a weekly thing, that would be too often.

It should at most be once a month. Otherwise they will look for things that are not that cool ,but list them to fill the video..

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Erotic board games for ChannelSuperFun

#1 Best seller on Amazon in that category.

http://www.amazon.com/3DP-Fusion-XXXopoly-Adult-Board/dp/B0035R26A2

Case:Define R4 | MOBO:ASRock z75 Pro 3 | CPU:i7-3770k 4.0GHz | CPU Cooler:H100i | GPU:970 Strix | RAM:Hyper X 16GB | 

Peripherals:ATH-M50x Limited Blue Edition | K95 RGB | M65 RGB | Blue Yeti MIC | (3x)1920x2080 Acer Monitors

Some good ideas right hereee.

Handy tech under $100 should not be a weekly thing, that would be too often.

It should at most be once a month. Otherwise they will look for things that are not that cool ,but list them to fill the video..

True, but maybe once a month is not often enough. Maybe once in 2 weeks or something like that, would have to check the market...

The server one is a really good idea, lets hope @LinusTech looks at this.

I tweeted it to him. If you have twitter, you can try too.

The more people like it, the bigger are the chances of "seeing the video".