Windows Update messed up on new install?

HI!

So I just freshly installed Windows 7 on a new ssd that I got. I have only had it installed for a few hours, but I rebooted it for drivers, and of course windows wants to install all of the 116 updates since its release! Of course I expected this, but when it turned back on it came to the " Windows is configuring updates, Don't power off" screen. But then it hovered at 0% for 10 minutes, said update configuration failed, reverting updates, then came to the desktop. I rebooted and it did the same thing 2 more times. Now I'm a hardware guy, I'm great with hardware, but software? Ehh not so much. I would really appreciate any help you could give me.

Oh! I almost forgot. I have 2 other Hard drives along with the ssd. 1 250 gb for backing up the SSD, and one 1Tb for storage. I did make sure that windows installed on the ssd, and it was fully formatted before I installed it.

Thanks in advance,

Sam

it is suggested to unplug all other HDD when installing windows. once installation is done, you can replug your HDDs. i would format everything and start from scratch with only ssd plugged in.

im sorry i dont know exactly why you have those problems, im no software wizard neither, but i know my way around i guess.

may your framerates be high and your temperatures be low. #pcmr

That's what ya get for letting it connect to the internet before you got the setup done. lol

I personally would reinstall Windows and follow proper steps this time.

Please spend as much time writing your question, as you want me to spend responding to it.  Take some time, and explain your issue, please!

Spoiler

If you need to learn how to install Windows, check here:  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/324871-guide-how-to-install-windows-the-right-way/

Event Viewer 101: https://youtu.be/GiF9N3fJbnE

Uhh, you do realize that you have to connect to the internet to download the updates right? Not exactly sage advice there. Its not like I went installing programs. I installed drivers. And what the heck do you mean by proper steps? its not exactly rocket science. Install windows. Install drivers and updates. install programs. 

Personally I install all driver and reboot from them before installing windows updates. With Windows 7 SP1 disks updates aren't turned on at install though it tells you to turn them on pretty quick.

If you let windows check for updates before you have a full set of drivers it may try to install it's own drivers you don't need or confirgure the updates wrong based on it not really knowing what hardware you have.

I've not seen it try to do windows updates when doing a driver install reboot, normally if the driver prompts you to reboot and you click yes its shutdown instruction doesn't do windows updates unless you'd already got it doing them in the background.