First time PC builder need help in choosing RAM

So I am going to build a new PC on Monday as my finals are ending. And while researching parts I noticed that the CPU I have chosen FX 6300 has an inbuilt handler for 1866 MHz memory. Now I was planning to use a dimm from my old pc which is 1333 MHz. Will it work? Btw the motherboard I have chosen has compatibility with those.

If it's DDR3, yes. 

CPU I7 - 4720HQ RAM 2 x 8GB • GPU Nvidia GTX 850M Storage 250GB 850 EVO - 1TB Seagate Hybrid
Keyboard CM Storm QuickFire Rapid-I (MX brown) & Pok3r (MX clear) • Mouse Logitech G502 • Sound Audio-Technica ATH-M50X • OS Windows 10 Pro - Linux Arch 
Storage Asustor AS7004T

If it is the same standard of RAM, in this case DDR3, anything will fit. You can even put a 3000MHz kit in there (please don't do that, it's only for the argument's sake) and it will still work, just not at the rated speed since the processor and motherboard will not support it. 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 - 3900x @ 4.4GHz with a Custom Loop | MBO: ASUS Crosshair VI Extreme | RAM: 4x4GB Apacer 2666MHz overclocked to 3933MHz with OCZ Reaper HPC Heatsinks | GPU: PowerColor Red Devil 6900XT | SSDs: Intel 660P 512GB SSD and Intel 660P 1TB SSD | HDD: 2x WD Black 6TB and Seagate Backup Plus 8TB External Drive | PSU: Corsair RM1000i | Case: Cooler Master C700P Black Edition | Build Log: here