Asus PB248Q vs PA248Q

Hey guys i chose to buy one of these 2 pannels, i will use it for all around stuff like gaming,watching movies and so on ...

What are the differences of these 2?

Asus PB248Q

PA248Q

I've heard the PB248Q is the newer model of the PA. its thinner, less power also its cheaper.

what else?

The PA one is the actual Pro Art that has 10 bit color support and is perfectly factory calibrated. Neither of those are relevant to you, get the cheaper one

Hey guys i chose to buy one of these 2 pannels, i will use it for all around stuff like gaming,watching movies and so on ...

Asus PB248Q

PA248Q

I've heard the PB248Q is the newer model of the PA. its thinner, less power also its cheaper.

what else?

You could wait for the PB258Q: https://pcmonitors.info/asus/asus-pb258q-with-a-wqhd-ah-ips-panel/

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

Asus PB248Q

PA248Q

I've heard the PB248Q is the newer model of the PA. its thinner, less power also its cheaper.

what else?

The PA one is the actual Pro Art that has 10 bit color support and is perfectly factory calibrated. Neither of those are relevant to you, get the cheaper one

Neither of them have 10-bit color support. They also have the same thickness and power consumption. I think you are confusing one with the PA246Q which is a thicker and older 10-bit model with a more power-hungry CCFL backlight.

The difference is that the PB248Q has built-in speakers and a flicker-free backlight, but is not color-calibrated from the factory, although this is not important unless you are a graphics professional and need to match colors with a printer. Overall the PB248Q is the better monitor.

Neither of them have 10-bit color support. They also have the same thickness and power consumption. I think you are confusing one with the PA246Q which is a thicker and older 10-bit model with a more power-hungry CCFL backlight.

The difference is that the PB248Q has built-in speakers and a flicker-free backlight, but is not color-calibrated from the factory, although this is not important unless you are a graphics professional and need to match colors with a printer. Overall the PB248Q is the better monitor.

Thanks i'll buy the PB248Q tomorrow

that would be way too expansive for my budget of 350€

Fair enough. :)

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator