help please I dont know what happened

jesse_791
Go to solution Solved by thekeemo,

all cables are in the connected

unplug then replug everything

ok, so i was just starting up a game on my computer when my screen just went black and my computer just shut off. i turned it back on but there was no output and it wouldnt turn off. so, i unplugged it and plugged it back in. But this is where it gets bad, it wont turn on again, at all. I know it isnt a power strip issue because i have other things plugged into the strip tha are still working. I built the tower in november and have had no problems since, i have played the game that i started many times before. the only thing i can think of is that earlier today i blew the dust out of my computer but i have done that before. if anyone nows what could be going on please help.  im 15 and i have been saving up for ths computer for a long time, i just want to know whats happening.

Is there any response from the computer at all when you press the power button? if not it could be a dead power supply.

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

if the power supply died randomly is there any chance that any of the internal parts were damaged

first of all try clearing the cmos & restarting it again..

Details separate people.

Check your cable connections to the m/bd. You could have dislodged the power button from the case to the board.

Sir William of Orange: Corsair 230T - Rebel Orange, 4690K, GA-97X SOC, 16gb Dom Plats 1866C9,  2 MX100 256gb, Seagate 2tb Desktop, EVGA Supernova 750-G2, Be Quiet! Dark Rock 3, DK 9008 keyboard, Pioneer BR drive. Yeah, on board graphics - deal with it!

all cables are in the connected

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

This is really smart... do what he says. 

ALWAYS THE BEST ANSWER!....Turn it off, then turn it on again. lol.

But seriously - sometimes that will reset the relays in your power supply. Happened to me when I was building this very machine I am on right now.

Had power, lost power. PAnick! Fuse tripped on surge protector. "No ground" fault.

Moved to different wall sockett. Ground-check. Still no power. Unplug EVERYTHING from psu. Plug all connectors back in. Plug in three prong. Connect to surge protector. Plug into wall socket. Boot screen. Success.

ALWAYS THE BEST ANSWER!....Turn it off, then turn it on again. lol.

But seriously - sometimes that will reset the relays in your power supply. Happened to me when I was building this very machine I am on right now.

Had power, lost power. PAnick! Fuse tripped on surge protector. "No ground" fault.

Moved to different wall sockett. Ground-check. Still no power. Unplug EVERYTHING from psu. Plug all connectors back in. Plug in three prong. Connect to surge protector. Plug into wall socket. Boot screen. Success.

lol

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

lol

I take it that didn't work? You may be looking for a new psu. While you're at it , you might want to invest in a voltmeter. Then you could test it and be sure if it was toast or not. You can score a cheap one for about $8, and a really good one for around $20.

Good luck, bro.

I take it that didn't work? You may be looking for a new psu. While you're at it , you might want to invest in a voltmeter. Then you could test it and be sure if it was toast or not. You can score a cheap one for about $8, and a really good one for around $20.

Good luck, bro.

it did..